The PvP Enigma

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by G Din, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i think either guild master should click yes for outsider to participate or automatically go orange if i attacked the other guild. (which would turn me red to them) I would be all for that since i dont really like the guild environment as of yet.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Owain

Owain Avatar

You couldn't have an automatic guild war status if you attack someone, because how is the game to know that you aren't just a villain attacking another player without cause, which should be a criminal act.

No, there should have to be a separate act on your part other than an unexpected attack, which would be unfair to the other guild. An act that helps the other side, such a heal on your friend, would serve to flag you for Guild War purposes, signaling to the other side that you are a legal target. Other than that, I think you'd have to join the guild in advance, otherwise unfair sneak attacks would be the norm, and that isn't in keeping with the idea of Guild Wars.

Time Lord, Skalex and Seon like this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I was thinking more along the line of an option coming up on my screen "do you wish to partake in guild war on this guild side or the other, then attack when accepted. Or just having the guild master accept you in the guild war of course there should be more to it than just rolling up and attacking!

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Owain

Owain Avatar

How would the game know to give you that prompt? Perhaps if you group with someone who's in a guild war, it could give you the option, but I dislike being spammed by the game, and I think messages like that would quickly get annoying.

If you think it's a possibility, maybe any guild member could give you limited membership in their guild just for guild war purposes. Doesn't give you any other access to guild activities, but it could serve to flag you. That might be a good idea anyway. Anyone can give you 'recruit' status, but only guild officers can grant full membership.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

or if you remember in UO when you had a house you could friend people, that could also be part of the way to be accepted. Not necessarily in guild but a friend of the guild.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

when i went out into pvp world i carried at lease one good magical item, sword or shield piece of armor, whatever, so that when someone pkd me they had some sort of reward or loot! But that was just me! sometimes that one piece of whatever gave me the upper hand where i wouldve not had it! Then again, im a good sport when it comes down to it, if i get killed oh well ill rez find the killer and seek revenge!

Time Lord likes this.
  7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

OK so now you just took out my main reason for being a healer type!!!!!!:mad: If im trained in healing that is my skill! i should be able to fully heal in combat! Its like me walking over to a smith and taking all his ingots, and hammer and replacing it with crappy stuff! why train a skill to have it null and void? I totally dont agree with that!

Time Lord likes this.
  8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Well didnt you state in a post before this to hinder my healing? Thats is a hypocritical statement! Look at my healing skill as your smithing skill!

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I am sure you enjoy pushing your button to see your target magically healed back to full health and up to 100% fighting capacity. The suggestion was to change the roll of the combat healer to be more important.

It was a random comment about changing the roll of healing from an instafix to a mitigation. The combat healer would still be in a major roll in combat, as a tactical advantage of getting fighters back into the battle, or getting them off the field to be healed out of combat.

The sky is not falling.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

War should be war with no turning back unless to surrender;

"There is no victory so sweet as that of total annihilation or your opponent's surrender"

How many guilds would war if death meant loosing half your stat and skill points? A "mock battle" if far different than a real one. Mock Battles are like football games where nothing is truly lost but pride. The great leaders of football would never stack up against Kublai Khan, King Arthur or Alexander the Great.

"I can much more respect a real Tiger more than a paper one, or one of fantasy"

So, how many truly great leaders of armies would be in our world if there were really something to loose in the fighting...like stats and skills upon death? I dare say that "that man, or those men" would be something to respect indeed! Fore it takes true leadership to raise such an army willing to risk something dear to support them. How many on-line fantasy heroes here would show their true bravado or head back to the farm?

There's never going to be any "fantasy flag football game" that will ever match the excitement or challenge when there is something dear to loose or glory to be had! What would Las Vegas be if the gambling were of nothing from or to your pocket? What would Muhammad Ali say if you said that you were the greatest boxer because you won a match with him in a fantasy boxing ring? Thus, who is the real "king of the ring" in online, in~game mortal combat there ever is or was in dueling? And who would be that actual "King of all Ultima PvP Guild Wars" unless there is something we personally loose that is dear to us when another guild rises in challenge?

"Rising and Falling are what Wars are All About"... that is, unless your ego'ed words don't match your steel...

Death is death and should have heavy consequence no matter who you are, but I would leave the trade skills more than the warrior skills after death. This way the peasants can hold an uprising if the King has been King too long... "But let's put some hair on these battles to weed out the truly weak".

I've had a UO Army of 200+ single players before and fielded maybe 120+ to take to the battle... "let's up the stakes here"... let's make it real?

~TL~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.