The Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the TRUTH (Virtue Discussion)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glantor Edge, Sep 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I'm hoping for that as well. One of the things that dropped my truth stat was the Blood River quest where I had to loot bodies in order to find an Elven statue for the resident looter so that I could trade it for the much needed quest items. Of course, since then, they have changed this so that looting corpses is no longer required.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

So is anyone else close?
    VirtueCourage: 0
    VirtueLove: 150
    VirtueTruth: -12071

(That is not Spoon by the way).

Time Lord, Duke Avery and K1000 like this.
  3. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

Wow! -12071! Is that a record?

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

It seems that stealing in Soltown is much harsher truth-wise than stealing in Brittany.
    So it is probably going to be harsher later in development.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

Honestly, I wonder how many players have their truth score in the negatives... I wouldn't be surprised if it were the majority.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

Yes, I believe that is the current record holder! For now, we shall name this anonymous Avatar "Spoon's Friend". Will the real record holder, please stand up?
    :D

Okay, I've confirmed that doing quests such as finding the person who set the fire in Soltown CAN improve your Truth (if you choose to answer Truthfully rather than Lovingly, of course). Mine went up by about 250 from doing quests last night.

I am still not getting any positive results from saying my real Full Name to NPCs though. Yes, my name turns blue when I introduce myself as "My name is Glantor Edge", but it doesn't seem to have any impact at all.

That's rather unfortunate, given that almost ALL avatars start out in Soltown for now, if they are keen to do quests. I guess Brittany is full of richer folks who wouldn't miss their goods as much as the poorer ones in Soltown? Doesn't make it any less Truthful though . . .

Time Lord likes this.
  7. KnownInGameAsGeorge

KnownInGameAsGeorge Avatar

Other thought...

My name doesnt turn blue if i spell it without a capital letter.
    It does not seem to matter to the NPCs reply, they give it a capital letter anyway.

Should i have been spelling it with a capital G every time?

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

Yup, I spell mine as I wrote it as well. my name is Glantor Edge. It's the only way to turn it blue lol

Time Lord likes this.
  9. ManaPlow

ManaPlow Avatar

For me, it's not so much the stealing, since I expect that to have a negative impact on my virtues. It's that I am getting dinged by just completing quests. The Oracle chastised me for giving the key to a quest giver in Soltown, and again for giving a grieving widow her dead husband's belongings. I thought I was doing the right thing since the tasks were in my Journal! :D

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Usually the virtues are in opposition so depending on how you resolve certain quests you get a ding in one virtue and a dong in the other. :p The Soltown Fire Quest being a prime example.

While in other cases it is clearly not a nice person you are helping - in which case you should get a virtue ding for aiding in something bad. Although you do get some gold and xp to mitigate the virtue loss.

Since we are talking truth here there is for instance the case of the dead Markus the coward and his beau, there you have an active choice to be either brutally honest (truthful) and say that he was a coward who tried running away or you could try to spare her feeling out of sympathy (love) and not mention the coward thing. Ding dong either way you chose.

Time Lord and ManaPlow like this.
  11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I have a question. How does one see the scores they have on truth courage and love?

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

In your game chat window type: /stats Now find the text file with a dump of all your chat activity as well as all your stats... stats are at the very bottom of the text file - Found here: C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\Roaming\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\ChatLogs

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Tip is to instead of writing a hard link like that you simply write a soft link like this:
    %appdata%\Roaming\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\ChatLogs
    That way they can paste that directly into the browser and hit enter and it will take them to the correct location without editing.
    :D

Glantor Edge, Alexander and Time Lord like this.
  14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I see them through my intentions. Some of us try and game the system, by relying on precognitions, which only truly reveals that we are the opposite of what we strive to be. How can one judge our own trustworthiness, when we cannot even be honest with ourselves? How can we judge our worthiness, when we've stolen a face which is not our own? The self can never be unified without first truly revealing the others.

We are nothing more than liars and unworthy schizophrenics when we play with such technical preconditions.
    But it is kool to see what the game may say of our actions...
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

ManaPlow and Mac2 like this.
  15. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Ok thanks, LOL timelord.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

or you can just do a search for it by typing 'chatlog' in your search bar (for me, win 7 search bar is at the bottom of the start menu).

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

78 courage 671 love and -6292 truth.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

There are only 2 things I think are true. Truth cannot contradict truth, and truth is what is.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I've got to re-think my karma o_O...
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:D

20. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

Nice stats! There's still someone floating around with -12K Truth that has yet to be unseated as the reigning champion. You are on your way there though, keep going! :D

Just curious, so far we have uncovered the following actions that have a negative impact on Truth. Which of these did you commit the most often?
    1. Freeing merchandise left out in the open in NPC Towns (looting in Soltown has higher impact than looting in Brittany towns, somehow)
    2. Freeing merchandise left out in the open in Adventure towns (places with hostile mobs. Yes, this is recorded too)
    3. Freeing merchandise in the Tutorial areas like Solace Bridge and Highvale
    4. Looting dead bodies (Yes, this was fixed later on and shouldn't affect Truth now, but some people did loot to complete the Bonesteel Dagger quest and had their Truth impacted)
    5. Answering Lovingly rather than Truthfully when handing in Quests
    6. When asked for your name, gave something else. Take note, your name needs to be exactly the same as what you registered and should turn blue when exact. Capital letters matter too.
    Not to worry, having a negative Truth virtue has little to no impact on the gameplay at all for now. Most important is to have fun! These discussions about Virtue are just for fun. After all, how can an Automaton determine our Virtue so rigidly? Defies logic.

georgegad and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.