The Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the TRUTH (Virtue Discussion)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glantor Edge, Sep 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]

To me, this Oracle's programing all points to an agenda, as all sets of morals or virtues do. Yet even deeper, this Oracle was/is programed or operated, thus a programmer or operator was or is reflecting into the Oracle those traits, morals or virtues "thought" of possibly themselves, which from a first person view can be quite different than that of how others would have seen them as.
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Tibs and Sher like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

So... I've always done a lot of deco, so I have certain needs...
    With that said if someone wants any testing done for this I have contacts in the "moonlight guild, lost and found section".

So if you want a specific area/item tested by some nimble fingers please post a location and/or description.

Oh, and my local contact laugh at anyone that hasn't passed negative 5k truth. I think he is approaching the 10k mark.

majoria70, lollie, Acred and 5 others like this.
  3. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

OMG Master Nimble Fingers!!

:D

Time Lord likes this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah wow I thought I was bad....lol
    I steal a lot of things from dungeons tho..maybe those don't count as bad

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I started on the Love Quest but seems that my Truth is going higher. Not sure how to go from there. Courage is 55 Love is 372 and Truth is 420. I am not even sure if i finished/got to the end so to speak of the Love quest. The long runs and multiple quests avenues keep me confused. I completed Necropolis....and it says in my journal at the end for now. LOL. And I have noticed quite a bit of stuff in my current task list that i know i did but it still says i didnt. So who knows. LOL. Now to go and find some more goofy things to get me killed. LOL. I still need to finish that one in the Vale at Ravenswood......if they got that guy unstuck from the stairs. LOL

Tibs and Time Lord like this.
  6. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

That's pretty useful! I guess, if you were to answer Truthfully rather than opt for Loving responses, you would gain Truth virtue rather than Love virtue. Interesting! I guess there's still hope for those wishing to recover their negative virtues lol.

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

who knows.

the book seems to indicate the oracle was to be built with altruistic intentions. There is no indication that the oracle is a bad thing, if anything it sounds as if the oracle is meant to be very positive ..

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

We need leaderboards ;)

lollie, Acred, Spoon and 1 other person like this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I'm hoping for much more because it's a series. The thing that made Ultima VII The Black Gate so popular is that it flipped the entire world upside down to reveal the rawest nature of man.

Certainly "some" may look at Tracy Hickman's background and think what's to come is going to be some fairy tale of enlightenment, yet looking into the deeper side of that same background has reasons for copper tablets to remain hidden from public view, yet still revealing a slaughterhouse road for an innocent sheep to meet the end of it's earthly existence by the hands of the butcheries of mankind. This is why from his same background has produced some of the most brave of men within our real world who fear nothing.

Ultima VII's Cults were based on L. Ron Hubbard. When the player received their box with medallion inside they all thought for the longest time that the symbol was meant to be upright, yet as it's story progressed, it became shockingly known (as shocking as a video game of it's time could be) and discovered to have been only been hiding it's sinister nature becoming hung up-side down.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Real monsters tend to hide themselves as your best friend...
    ~Time Lord~o_O

georgegad and StevieD like this.
  10. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Defitely. Very few can escape this things once sucked in. Perhaps an avatar who is enlightened might be able to find the grace and peace that can liberate the soul fromthis never ending cycle.

These cults use wjat is percived to be good but they leave out something critical and pervert virtues to be some distorted version of that virtue. For example they cultivate a false humility which turns into selfloathing and prideful self-deception. Thinking themselves better than the nonmembers. Therfore the thought of leaving is horrific and anybody who questions it are considered suspect by the leaders, and those who leave are apostate and worse than nonbelievers.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

Well, I just checked my truth score and it's in the negative 2000's. Who new taking stuff lying around in npc towns was bad... ;)
    I just hope it won't affect the ability to do some quests.

lollie and Time Lord like this.
  12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I don't actually know :confused:...
    So I could be totally wrong about this... but I would presume that it totally does not effect a player's ability to complete it. I base that on the format in which the "<key word> quest mechanics are presently presented. But also, if the player has a negative slide to their virtues, then this doesn't mean that it's a "one way only trip" down a slippery pathway to hell. It seems to be a "one way only" without any indication of it being anything but a narrative pathway.

"But who knows when that could change to become branched off from a crossroads NPC encounter where a path down a narrative could then provide many branches".
    ~Time Lord~o_O...

lollie and Tibs like this.
  13. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Strange thing is the oracle told me that i killed a servant who asked for mercy etc etc. I never killed a faun. I killed the big guy wih it and it walked around saying don't force me into this.... etc etc

I kept mining and after a while that fawn started attacking me and I responded but it said don't make me do this so I let up... and realized another one of the big ones respawned in the room sonewhere.

So I never killed the fawn and even if I did it would have been in self defense. So this oracle seems to be misinformed since I never killed the thing it said I killed.

Should that be posted as a bug?

lollie and Time Lord like this.
  14. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Some of them give you no choice. I try to ignore them, but they just sit there, screw up my movement and make me vulnerable to the next enemies. Slaves must embrace freedom or die from ignorance. Either way, its not a virtue proposition.

15. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Yeah good point. These Fauns say OH PLEASE DON"T MAKE ME DO THIS IT HURTS... they think they are the ones suffering in that moment, but they have absolutely no clue how much the rest of the world is just tolerating them.

Tahru, lollie and Time Lord like this.
  16. KnownInGameAsGeorge

KnownInGameAsGeorge Avatar

I am assuming it does effect quests. I would think it goes both ways though and some quests like thieves guilds wont be available unless you have negative truth.

Hopefully though it wont effect core quests too much, because you are right that would suck.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. KnownInGameAsGeorge

And then they follow you all the way down to a different area and start healing elementals. It is a lie, they are just saying that to stop you attacking them, vicious lying backstabbers. I hope they have truth negative a billion.

Time Lord and lollie like this.
  18. KnownInGameAsGeorge

That money technically belongs to their next of kin. It is not the dead people you are stealing from, it is their children.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

So, what's the consensus then? Is this working as intended? I just took a look at my /stats

Courage: 120
    Love: 666 (heheh)
    Truth: -7185

The only looting I've been doing is in dungeons and towns that just have bandits and mobs. Which I kill before I loot. So nobody is watching.

Time Lord, Alexander and K1000 like this.
  20. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

I wonder if once the game will be officially released, with all the quests, if there will be a way to reset these stats. I'm not doing any quests till release, but I'm in the -2000's in the truth stat...

Time Lord and Alexander like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.