The upcoming telethon rewards are very … unrewarding

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChairStacker, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChairStacker

ChairStacker Avatar

I am concerned that the upcoming telethon is not going to raise very much revenue for Portalarium because the rewards are not universally appealing to your player base. All of the rewards are flower or butterfly themed.

Meh.

This is the first telethon where I thought the rewards weren't even deserving of the minimum $5 dono.

The problem I see with this set of rewards is that they have a very narrowly focused theme. Rewards that have more universal appeal to players will increase your revenue potential.

Here are some ideas that have more universal appeal. They are a mix of wearables, recipes, decos, and emotes - something for everyone!
    • Dyeable gustball uniform
    • White flag emote (character waves a small white flag to signal submission)
    • Steampunk sunglasses
    • Birdcage with bird
    • A belt!
    • Wooden shield recipe (not a wooden shield or a free recipe, but a new recipe added in game for a wooden shield.)
    The belt could be a stretch 100k or 150k goal. Even if it a simple design, it would be the first belt in the game and therefore highly collectible, and will help you drive $.

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I know they've stated belts aren't happening. I like your other ideas though!

Leelu and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  3. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I believe a lot of cash was generated through the expiration of rares and pledges regardless of the rewards. Not sure what's expiring during the telethon as the xmas rares are done soon.

Leelu likes this.
  4. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Great ideas ! Well if you don't like your butterfly , it can come and live at my house. All things magical , beautiful, or uuuglie are welcome at my humble abode.:p:p

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Here is my positive idea for a better reward. How about a special recipe that is unteachable? I really don't care what it is (something not p2w), just something that is craftable and makes a special thing that only people that support the telethon get.

Examples:

A food recipe.
    A recipe that makes a special taming whistle that summons a fun pet. (the pet can still be a decoration, just not summoned)
    A special dye color.

6. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

A recipe that lets you craft either Darkstarr or Richards likeness; huge wall size of course.

A recipe for a table top size or yard size animated volcano like on the overland map.

My preference, an automaton shogun warrior to really guard your home from thieves.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I personally think they should make more tiers. I know we all like the pile of goodies but if it's good stuff it's worth more than $5. Why not $5 per 50k?

(ducks tomatoes.)

Leelu likes this.
  8. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

I agree fully with the OP. It seems telethon after telethon we see the same type of rewards that are just a re-hash of a previous one. I would love to start seeing a little variety in types of rewards. There are some pretty decent suggestions in this thread already. What do you think @Berek & @DarkStarr ?

9. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The rewards are often specific to how much time we have to produce items, the time of year for holidays and other themes, how they fit in with other rewards or previous bundles, and analytics on what you guys seem to like to get.

I think it's worth considering fresh ideas though for sure, and will keep any ideas here in mind!

Elwyn, Numa, Leelu and 3 others like this.
  10. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

hey thanks for jumping in there @Berek! Appreciate you guys keeping an open mind, sometimes we have some great suggestions but I know its hard to put things in action.

Leelu, Hornpipe and Berek like this.
  11. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Pet. Dire. Wolf.
    S&M outfits. That's right ..... Solo & Multiplayer
    Paintings
    Jester hat (seriously - why is this not already in the game?)
    And so forth

Jonah Hayes, Retro, Tahru and 11 others like this.
  12. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

red panda pet plz

Tahru, Numa, Chatele and 1 other person like this.
  13. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I'm amazed at the number of emotes in this game and not in a good way. TBH, Everytime I try to show this game to friends that response I get is, "do people do anything other than dance?". I can't lie to them. "No, that's usually all I see other people doing."

I understand that they are easy to make and but throw something out there that makes me want to donate more that $5. Let's get creative - it doesn't even have to be a granted reward. Commit $xx,xxx number of dollars to contracting an economist; commit $xx,xxx to getting faster servers; commit $xx,xxx towards marketing. Just stop adding emotes. Please. Ultima 7 does not have emotes. Or flower crowns.

14. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

I have to agree. I'm not too worried about getting to the >$65,000 worth of donations this time with the weak rewards for contributing $5.00 this time around. They need the funding so I hope I'm wrong.

Leelu and Hornpipe like this.
  15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I havent been happy with any telethon rewards for the past many now. So many things that just go right into my chest and I suspect the same for most people.

16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

A number of people I've spoken to recently, all stated that they seriously need more abilities to potentially disrupt formal gatherings - and all of them requested a couple of really good fart emotes.... :D

I mean, if a person was want to do so - he/she can already burp/belch/puke on Lord British himself - so a couple of perfectly innocent flatulent emotes are sorely overdue.

Oh, I know you ladies will be horrified :eek: - but, what the heck - boys will be boys !! :p

Just sayin........... :cool:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I rarely dance. We were off killing the dragon yesterday and had a blast. So yes it is a lie to say that's all we do. Sorry had to jump on that one.

18. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

- video showing a Developer creating a Scene, Item , Animation

Picture of a Monster of a Developer who created a scene with his signature

A Stream showing any Developer what he is doing. Chris doing coding on combat for example.

Why: This is why i paid Dev+ once.

My personal favorite was watching Stephan doing his Magic Art.
    Was the greatest time for me seing behind the curtains and truly connected me back them. Even my mom age 74 watched.

Reading a Stand Up or a Update does not create this WoW feeling and understanding of work behind.

And there are so many Developers we only knowvfrom the name but never see in Action what cool skill they do.

I would pay for that as a telethon price. Watching a work stream of a Developer.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  19. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I miss those days. It would be great to see similar in a weekly broadcast.

Kaisa, Grayhawk, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I support the recipe ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.