This made me extremely happy, botters down.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mac2, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I'm a little shocked that everyone's so short sighted and is only "happy" that the botting is dying. Yes, that's great. However the cancer that caused it to be "a thing" remains. Time for the chemotherapy treatment where you can pick to craft your entire batch in a single go at the experience penalty of only said single go.

The time for refining is positively insane. I don't think even Everquest back in the 1990's/2000's was this bad and that game LOVED to make everything take forever. So once again, Kudos to removing botting, a pox upon your black shriven soul for leaving the cancer that warranted it in the first place.

Nikko, K1000 and Zurthock like this.
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

No one is forcing any of you to do it, dont like it, dont do it. You may have to buy your gear then BUT, as it has been pointed out over and over, you cant sell gear for what its really worth anyways, so really, you are saving yourself coin AND time. Just like no one forced me to kill moneys for months, I did it anyways, I wanted the reward for my efforts just like I want the rewards of my efforts for refining hours and hour and hours, its not fun, but there is a sense of accomplishment at the end.

Ryodin Stormwind and hammadowna like this.
  3. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

I hate crafting so much that I'm more then happy to pay a crafter to do the tedious work that they love to do it for me. I don't like botting as it hurts the actual crafters by artificially lowering prices to all good by increasing supply. If you hate the tedious crafting work that is nothing stopping you from paying a crafter to do it for you. While we can be anything in SOTA we are still limited by time and that's a good thing. Focus on what you love and you will be much happier then trying to do everything. I will move toward crafting when and if Atos/Chris puts in stat bonus onto the skills. At that point crafting will be fun for me as I want the best stats. I will however been massively employing crafters for their resources to level then forget I ever crafted .... :)

Mac2 likes this.
  4. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

But I love crafting. My whole family was super excited for Shroud because we loved being crafters in UO. Seeing people running around in our GM tagged gear and keeping a healthy customer base alive and circling our vendors was fun for us. Shroud has totally failed on that aspect of MMO life. Crafting is extremely tedious, requires huge amounts or resources, and the player economy doesn't care about anything you craft. So we have the rise of macroing.

5. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Saying something is boring , pointless or not fun is NOT an argument to allow botting in my view . If we follow this logic what else is pointless , boring and not fun in the game ? Should we have BOTS for that also ? I agree if you want the system improved ... but if you want to BOT just because you got no time ,or get bored, or its NOT FUN ENOUGH ....

6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Exactly.

Olthadir likes this.
  7. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

For a GM smelter this is no problem, they can do 60 "cycles" with just a couple of clicks. They even get more than 60 "cycles" worth due to efficient smelting.

8. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Highly doubt anything is truly detectable. They only ban if you do large amounts of crafting and they think you wouldn't do that sitting at ur PC...

9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I know? I was telling her she was
    I know, I was responding to Majoria who wasn't sure what was the issue here, thus my perfect example of mouse recorders, ehich result in the player not doing 100% of the steps.

10. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Like I said... I'm a GM crafter... but I also play the game... creating thousands of stuff to get that? I'm not buying it. 30K items a day? That sound like someone trying to play the game? Was this you? :p

11. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Yeah then you don't remember EQ correctly. The reason for the bizarre was to exchange goods and hopefully get that piece of equipment or trade enough resources to be able to make it. People would make ONE maybe TWO pieces of equipment to sell there, not the 10s, to 100s, to 1000s people :eek: are making in this game. Come on 30K? I can't speak for EQ2, but EQ was WAY WORSE.

12. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Unless the bot cycles through different quirks every 2seconds... they are pretty easily detectable, especially since they have the original code that was used for the majority of the bots being used out there. Keyboard macros are harder, but you can pretty much tell with a simple AI.

Reason a lot of bots exist in other games is the usage base is small and it's harder to comb though that many people. This game doesn't have that size user base yet.

13. Zurthock

Zurthock Avatar

30K items a day....what's the difference of crafting for 15 mins a day after each run for 96 days or just gather the mats and then produce 30K in 24 hours? In both cases time was invested to craft 30K of items, one is painfully doing it everyday, probably getting in the way of other things he might be doing instead in the game and the other sacrifice a determined day to process the whole batch....what would you rather do, honestly?

14. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

LMAO! You CAN'T be serious! Who TF is crafting 30K items a day but a botter trying to make a profit? At that point get a real job.

hammadowna likes this.
  15. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Trust me, with the new dashboard setup we absolutely can! Just ask Chris.

16. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Catching botters is kinda easy, statistics.
    List top ten crafting activity and look at the stats.
    Even without much SI programming you will find them out, one person can do it.
    (SI is offcourse convient to do it 24/7)

17. Despothes2

Despothes2 Avatar

The funny thing is, even if someone botted 30k items per day trying to make a profit, they never would. There isn’t the player base or economy to sell 30k of anything, and nothing is profitable to make and sell to an NPC. This is just an attempt to draw out the exp grind for crafters. People will play longer if it takes a stupid amount of time to get anything done right?

K1000 and Drake Aedus like this.
  18. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

@Chrystoph Reis Nope not me. I'm a water bucket guy. I have 900 crop plots to water every 16 hours. Even then I do it by putting my character in place and just pressing "e" repeatedly while I watch a movie, TV show, Youtube, or read a book. Takes around 3 hours a day, but my left hand/wrist are getting sick swole.

Matt Harris, Mordai, Zurthock and 3 others like this.
  19. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Actual there are two things one could bot that pop to my mind.
    But I am all for making refining more interesting... minigame controlling temperature for the smelter so one can doo 500 batches at once!
    For each sort of that you could do an minigame that allows real big batches.

20. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

The only metrics that can be retrieved is the delay between actions, mouse's click positions and patterns.
    That'll purge a good amount of bots/macros but the ones who will add a + - 10% on those 2 first metrics will be completely invisible to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.