Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Thoughts on the current trend

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by kaeshiva, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

As long as mobs drop loot it's going to be possible. The devs can nerf this place and there will just be another. They would have to wipe out all the valuable loot drops (which I guess I might want to do) but then why are there loot drops? This is something that plagues all these games, if you give players the ability to print their own wealth by killing stuff then you can't be surprised when some do it very efficiently.

I think the point someone made about the loot drops being unbalanced right now was a good one. But I'm not how it can ever be balanced. Other than it should take more time to gather stuff than it takes to kill and loot stuff if the economy is going to work correctly, in my opinion.

2. Sway

Sway Avatar

yes that is what i'm saying

3. Sway

Sway Avatar

you said you haven't mined so yea that's done but i can tell you you cant make the gold your talking about from hunting .... unless you know of a bug that you haven't reported

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I would just have to argue that I doubt that's what is happening here. The devs can see what's going on on a macro level. Where we see.. I can mine X amount an hour.. they see how output of a zone in its entirety. We see 50 ore per hour.. they may see 50,000 ore per hour cause 500 people are mining across the world (yes I'm just throwing out numbers). Point being we're often looking at issues from different perspectives and the devs have a lot more information than we do.

5. Drocis the Devious

I agree, and the devs agree, and that's why the devs in the last hang out they talked about how the MEDIAN average during R31 was like 2 to 3k per hour. And they said some people were making 5 to 6k per hour. So they're looking at it that way too, but they understand that some people will be creative and efficient and come up with ways to be more successful (without exploits) which is the case with what I'm doing. Now if I explained it in full, many people might be doing it too and then they'd have to reign it in. Why would I want that to happen? I did my homework and now I get to see the fruits of that labor.

There are many ways to do this in the game however, and I would encourage people to think about how the game works and how it doesn't work to come up with their own solutions.

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

How's that any different from not being logged in?

7. Qwark

Qwark Avatar

If selling reagents in owls head was so lucrative, the same single bunch of curing salt wouldnt still be on the vendor 3 days later...

8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

First of all.. *I* am not the one talking about making money. And as far as not having mined.. I said for THIS release.. which isn't entirely true as I've been mining nodes as I go while out chopping wood and I only just recently explained I don't mind 8 hour mining stints. The very post in fact you replied to stating I clearly don't mine or hunt.

You seem to be getting me confused with Drocis.

9. Sway

Sway Avatar

i am logged in but wile i'm sitting still waiting for silver to spawn i can look up the forums and once in a wile i hear the noise that a ghost has hit me

10. Sway

Sway Avatar

you said you haven't mined hilt ( because i asked) and you said you can make piles of money so yea i'm talking to you

11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Then that's not the same as what I asked you were saying. :p Which was that you are there doing 'nothing'. In either case, confusing me with someone else and claiming I neither mine or hunt because I'm not in-game this very instant isn't very convincing.

12. Drocis the Devious

Correct.

The players don't realize they're being gouged, and that's why the price keeps going up, because they keep paying. But if someone were smart and built awareness around that, they'd buy from wherever it was cheaper.

This is more sophisticated than just "putting it on a vendor". That's other game mentality. This requires actual skill and strategy. You don't get an easy win button here, you have to be a real business minded person.

And hey, I'm not digging at you with that, I'm being honest. If you don't have those skills then you should buddy up with someone that does. Go into business together...you do the heavy lifting an the other person does sales and marketing.

13. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

No.. I said Hilt isn't the only source of silver.. and I did NOT say a single thing about making piles of money. Drocis is the one making that claim.

14. Sway

Sway Avatar

you clearly stated you haven't mined
    really ?

15. Drocis the Devious

You can make piles of money...although I tend to spend it all on a million different things.

And making the money is boring as sin. I fall asleep at the keyboard half the time.

16. Qwark

Qwark Avatar

My point is i dont craft at all in owl's head, and i bet many other people dont either. No one will craft in areas where costs are high. i am not going to the public vendor for fuels, i am going home where costs are minimal. So no one will be making money in owls head on fuels.

17. Sway

Sway Avatar

i am saying i thing you don't hunt because reading what you stated your simply outdated or just making stuff up

18. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I clearly stated I haven't had the chance to in R32.. that's not the same thing. I also clearly stated that for most releases I've played I've made my own gear.. which includes mining, smelting and crafting start to finish.. and how would I know that I don't mind mining for 8 hours if I didn't mine?

Despite the fact that we haven't been talking about hunting at all? At least *I* haven't with you or anyone else in this thread.

19. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

@Bowen Bloodgood I do think he is confusing you with Baron Droc. Not sure how he got mixed up but it matches up with what the baron was talking about.

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  20. Drocis the Devious

Oh I see what you're saying. Well I don't think that's true.

Supply and demand doesn't work that way. I mean if people are living in Owl's Head, they're crafting there. They might bring in supplies from somewhere else, but the really smart ones would hire people to just bring it to them. Or they'd know all the traders that hop between towns and when they were going to be there.

Eventually there would probably be some kind of triangle trade between towns like Owl's Head, Kingsport and Central Brittany, just as an example. So you buy the cheap reagents in Kingsport, find people to sell them to in Owl's Head, and then buy up whatever is cheap in Owl's Head (probably the crafted goods from individual craftsman) and take it to Brittany for sale. Then you use the money you make to buy up reagents and do it all over again. Something like that. The winds of the economy will change and you have to be ready for that so you can adjust.

The point I'm trying to make is that if you think you're just going to live in Owl's Head and Black Pearl will always cost 6 per for the rest of your life, that's not going to happen, and it's the people that learn how to maneuver in the economy that will be the most successful at making a profit from it. If you don't have the skills to do that, or the desire to do that, well then you might want to think about finding another way to make money (there are a lot of them, but not all of them are as lucrative as trading).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.