1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Upcoming Live Dev Cam Hangouts!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by FireLotus, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

*kicks the thread back on topic*

Please join us on a special Monday Hangout of the Avatar where Richard "Lord British" Garriott will reveal his inner bard by discussing his vision of Music Composition for Shroud of the Avatar. The broadcast will be from 3 to 3:30 pm CST on Monday, August 5th and as always, I'll have the link for you 15 minutes prior to broadcast.

This will be the first Hangout where we are trying out a new 30 minute format, so I will primarily be taking your pre-submitted MUSIC related questions via Google Hangout at #LBSotA_Hangout. For those with an aversion to Google, you can also submit your question on the comments section of SotA.com.

2. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

@FireLotus, if the 30 min Dev Hangout becomes common and you frequently take PRE-collected questions on the specific topic of discussion, I would suggest starting a separate thread to collect the questions in, and after the Hangout, summarizing the answers. You then have a single place to get the questions, and we have an easy place to see the answers.

Thanks

amethyst_andi and Miracle Dragon like this.
  3. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

I typically recap dev chats and post the summaries in the forums. I'm happy to post it within a specific thread or it can be copied by the team to repost wherever.

4. FireLotus

The Questions can be posted on the page update itself. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=28667 I am avoiding putting them on the forums because, unfortunately, they get filled up with off topic chatter and become hard to navigate during the broadcast. Anyone with a forum account can post on the articles without having to create a separate account.

5. FireLotus

If anyone is having problems logging in to the main website to post a question, please submit your username and any error message you are receiving to support@portalarium.com . We can't fix bugs if we don't know about them! :D

6. FireLotus

Please join us tomorrow, August 6th, for a special Pen of the Avatar. SotA artist, Issac Oster will be joining Stephen Daniele as they explore the realm of 3D modeling. We'll be broadcasting at our usual time, 3pm CST, and as always, I will have the link for you 15 minutes prior.

7. FireLotus

We have a great Hangout of the Avatar planned this Thursday for all of you Unity newbs! Our own Chris Spears will be doing a live Unity Tutorial at 3 pm CST, Aug. 8, 2013. So if you have been eager to create and submit your own assets for Shroud of the Avatar, here is your chance to learn more about Unity from a pro. As always, we will also be taking questions from the SotA chat room and via Google Hangout at #LBSotA_Hangout, and I'll have the link where you can watch 15 minutes before the broadcast.

Erth, Fireangel, TheCaptain and 2 others like this.
  8. FireLotus

Our own resident 3D modeling GURU is taking over this week's Pen of the Avatar! Be sure to tune into this very special broadcast on Tuesday, 8/13 at 3pm CST.

[​IMG]

9. FireLotus

Please join us Thursday, August 15th from 3 to 3:30 pm CST for Hangout of the Avatar. As you know, crafting will be a vital part of Shroud of the Avatar, and Richard "Lord British" Garriott will be sharing some of our latest progress on the crafting system. As always, I'll have the link for you 15 minutes prior to broadcast.

This will be another focused, 30 minute Hangout, so I will primarily be taking your pre-submitted CRAFTING related questions via Google Hangout at #LBSotA_Hangout. For those with an aversion to Google, you can also submit your question on the comments section of SotA.com.

10. FireLotus

Stephen Daniele is back for today's Pen of the Avatar! Join us at 3 pm CST, August 20th as we explore YOUR ideas for Point of Interest (POI) environments. As always, I'll have the link for you 15 minutes prior to broadcast.

If you want to post suggestions/questions, please post them on either on the video post (https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=28968 ) or on Google + @ #LBSotA_Hangout. Let's try and keep this thread clean. :)

11. FireLotus

Spend a magical afternoon with SotA's Chris Spears as he explores the Magic System this afternoon on Hangout of the Avatar. The hangout will begin at 4 pm CST today, August 22nd and I'll have the link for you 15 minutes prior to broadcast.

This will be another focused, 30 minute Hangout, so I will primarily be taking your pre-submitted MAGIC related questions via Google Hangout at #LBSotA_Hangout. For those with an aversion to Google, you can also submit your question on the comments section of SotA.com.

12. FireLotus

Our next Pen of the Avatar will tomorrow, August 27th at our new time, 1 pm CST. Please join me (FireLotus) and concept artist Stephen Daniele as he creates the art of Shroud of the Avatar.

13. FireLotus

Our next Unity Dungeon Kit is staged to be released soon, and to celebrate this AWESOME new asset pack, our own Chris Spears will be hosting our second Unity Tutorial next Wednesday, September 4th at 2 pm CST. You'll get a look at the new Caverns Pack, but then we'll be venturing outside as Chris delves into building outdoor scenes, skyboxes, and how to best utilize Fog of War.

licemeat, Freeman, Fireangel and 2 others like this.
  14. FireLotus

And not to worry, we will still be gathering for our weekly art hour, Pen of the Avatar, on Tuesday, September 3rd at our new time of 1 pm CST. :)

Fireangel, rild and Koldar like this.
  15. FireLotus

The A/C is out in the Portalarium offices, and anyone who's familiar with Texas summers knows that is a bad, bad thing! By 2 pm, only stuffed turkeys and cookies will be fir for baking in that oven! :D So we are going to have to reschedual the Unity Tutorial for Friday, September 6th at 2 pm CST.

16. FireLotus

FireLotus is in bed with the plague, but as the ole' showbiz saying goes... the show must go on! So please join concept artist Stephen Daniele for an hour of art on today's Pen of the Avatar. This Tuesday, September 10th at 1 pm CST, he'll be designing a new Shroud of the Avatar Splash image, so this is one you definitely don't want to miss!

Myrcella, rild, Koldar and 3 others like this.
  17. FireLotus

Did you enjoy the last Unity Tutorial? Well, there is still more to cover, and Chris Spears will be hosting our third Unity Tutorial this Friday, September 13th at 2 pm CST. That's right... Your Friday the 13th just got a little LUCKY! So cast your superstitions aside and join us for Tutorial of the Avatar!

rild, Reigner, Fireangel and 3 others like this.
  18. FireLotus

Please join us for our next episode of Pen of the Avatar on Tuesday, September 17th at 1 pm CST. I've beaten back the plague and will be taking your questions live from the SotA chat room while Stephen dabbles with his virtual paintbrush, so be sure to tune in! As always, I'll have the links for you 15 minutes prior to the broadcast.

Myrcella, rild, OSullivan and 3 others like this.
  19. FireLotus

Our first Shroud of the Avatar Unity Scene Jam is fast approaching... Are you ready for it? We've got some SWEET prizes on the line, so don't miss our fourth and final Unity Tutorial before the whole things kicks off. Chris Spears will be helping you make the most out of your upcoming scenes in the our next Unity Tutorial this Thursday, September 19th at 2 pm CST. Cya then!

20. FireLotus

This Tuesday, September 24th, 2013, we have a special guest joining Stephen and I for Pen of the Avatar; the very talented Geoff Mellon! Geoff will be sharing his character art with us and taking in your feedback, so you definitely don't want to miss our live chat session during the show. So join us at 1 pm CST for this special broadcast! As always, I'll have the links for you 15 minutes prior to the broadcast.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.