1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Upcoming Live Dev Cam Hangouts!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by FireLotus, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rustic Dragon

Rustic Dragon Proprietor of the Hearth

Hear ye! Presenting...
    On-the-Fly Level Creation with Chris Spears

Join us as Tech Lead Chris Spears takes input from the community and creates a playable map, start to finish, based on your input to be included in R6! Feedback will be fielded via SotA chat.

Tuesday, May 20th
    5:30 - 6:30 p.m. CDT
    (Streaming link will be available fifteen minutes prior to broadcast)

2. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

Be sure to join DJ FireLotus on Friday, May 23rd at 2 pm CST as she takes over the Moon Tower in Owl's Head! I'll be hosting the Ultimate Avatar Party from Fire Lotus Tavern to celebrate Release 6 and will be broadcasting live on Avatars Radio! There will be trivia, in-game prizes, fireballs, and of course, dancing! See you in New Britannia!

3. Rustic Dragon

Pen of the Avatar
    [​IMG]

Join us for Pen of the Avatar tomorrow at 12:00 p.m. CDT. Lead Concept Artist Stephen Daniele returns!

Come to SotA Chat, armed with your art-related questions for Stephen!

Coming at thee:

Tuesday, June 3rd
    12:00 p.m. CDT

Duke Violation, Khloec, rild and 3 others like this.
  4. Rustic Dragon

Pen of the Avatar
    [​IMG]
    Join us for an extra special Pen Paintbrush of the Avatar this coming Thursday, June 26th at 3:00 p.m. CDT. Why paintbrush and why Lord British? Tune in an see!

Come to SotA Chat, armed with your art-related questions for Stephen, Rustic, and Lord British!

Coming at thee:

Thursday, June 26th
    3:00 p.m. CDT
    X

Duke Violation, Khloec, Mata and 9 others like this.
  5. Rustic Dragon

Pen of the Avatar[​IMG]
    Join us for another two hour Pen of the Avatar next Tuesday! Lead Concept Artist Stephen Daniele will be working on the arch rivals of New Britannia!

Come to SotA Chat, armed with your art-related questions for Stephen!

Coming at thee:

Tuesday, July 1st

6. FireLotus

Prepare to enter the arena Avatars! Join us for the next Hangout of the Avatar if you DARE...

[​IMG]

Join us for the next Hangout of the Avatar if you DARE! We're gearing up for Release 8 with a PvP Developer Roundtable hosted by our very own Chris Spears! On Thursday, July 10th at 3pm CDT, I'll be taking your questions about PvP and combat in the chat-room, and in advance on ShroudoftheAvatar.com for what should prove to be an exciting, revealing, and high energy hangout!

kadumel, Umbrae, Fireangel and 12 others like this.
  7. FireLotus

Join us for the next Hangout of the Avatar this Friday, July 18th at 3pm CDT. Starr and Richard will be having having an in-depth discussion about Player Towns in Shroud of the Avatar, so you definitely don't want to miss it! I'll be taking your questions about in the chat-room, and in advance on ShroudoftheAvatar.com.

[​IMG]

8. FireLotus

Join me tomorrow, July 24th at 4 pm CST for our Release 8 Dance Party. I'll be spinning some classic dance tracks via Avatars Radio while I check out your dance moves IN GAME at FireLotus Tavern! So take some time from all the death and carnage tomorrow afternoon to come get your boogie on with me!

9. FireLotus

Join us for the next Hangout of the Avatar this Monday, August4th at 3pm CDT. Richard, Starr, and Chris will be chatting about Release 8, recounting their favorite moments, and reflecting on the R8 PvP and combat experience, while also looking ahead to Release 9. I'll be taking your questions and feedback about R8 live in the chat-room, and also in advance on the forums here...

I'll have the link to the broadcast posted Monday shortly before we're set to go live. :D See you then!

10. FireLotus

Join us for Pen of the Avatar tomorrow at 12:00 p.m. CDT. Lead Concept Artist Stephen Daniele returns with Dungeon Entrance Art! Enter if you dare, and hang out with me in SotA Chat, armed with your art-related questions for Stephen!

[​IMG]

Tuesday, August 5th

Fireangel, Myrcello, smack and 7 others like this.
  11. FireLotus

Join DJ FireLotus tomorrow, August 22nd at 2 pm central IN GAME as I ventures out to the Vengeance Coast for a smoking hot beach party. It's my Birthday this weekend and I wanted to shake things up a bit, so we'll be dancing down by the waterfront by one of the hottest PvP areas in Novia! I'll be spinning my favorite combat tunes on Avatars Radio and we'll be shaking our groove things in the PvP safezone (for those of you who want to dance instead of fight)... but we'll still have a great view of all the carnage taking pace inland. It'll be our most dangerous, I mean, spectacular Release Party yet, so plan to be there... if... you... dare! :cool:

To find the fun, just type, "/zone vengeance" in the chat window. I'll have plenty of ale for everyone, and look forward to seeing you there!

12. FireLotus

Announcing the next Hangout of the Avatar ~ Release 9 Postmortem

Join us Wednesday, August 27th at 3pm CDT for Hangout of the Avatar! Richard, Starr, and Chris will be chatting about Release 9, recounting their favorite moments, and reflecting on R9 Team PvP and the latest additions to the SotA combat experience, while also looking ahead to Release 10. Don’t forget, I’ll be taking your questions and feedback about R9 live in the chat-room and also in advance on the SotA Website.

I'll have the link to the broadcast posted Monday shortly before we're set to go live. :D See you then!

[​IMG]

Fireangel, Arianna, Myrcello and 10 others like this.
  13. FireLotus

Hangout of the Avatar ~ Nature to Nutrition
    A Community Roundtable with Lord British

Curious about consumables? Want to craft delicious delicacies or mix up creative concoctions? Then you should join us this Thursday, September 4th at 3 pm central for our Roundtable Discussion; From Nature to Nutrition. Richard “Lord British” Garriott will host an in-depth discussion on the reagents and recipes that will be used in creating food and drink in Shroud of the Avatar. Several of our very own community members will join Richard live during the hangout as I, FireLotus, share your questions and feedback live from the chat room! We’ve also got a few other surprises in store, so be sure to tune in!

As always, I’ll have the link to watch posted about 15 minutes before broadcast, and will start taking your food related questions over on the main SotA website starting now. [​IMG]

14. FireLotus

Join us Tuesday, September 30th at 3pm Central for our next Hangout of the Avatar! Richard, Starr, and Chris will be chatting about Release 10, recounting their favorite moments, and looking ahead to Release 11. Don't forget, FireLotus will be taking your questions and feedback about R10 live in the chat-room, or you can post them in advance on the SotA website. We'll see you then!

[​IMG]

15. FireLotus

[​IMG]

Join Concept Art Lead, Stephen Daniele and Community Manager/Writer, Gina Dionne Tuesday October 7th at 12:00PM CST for Pen of the Avatar: Character Armor Variations II! We will be sharing community input and focusing on the process of bringing one of last month’s suggestions to life!

You can post your questions in advance on our website here and/or join us in the chat room for our usual banter! Cya then!

Miracle Dragon, Net, Jynx and 6 others like this.
  16. FireLotus

Don't forget to join me, DJ FireLotus, for the Release 11 Dance Party. I'll be broadcasting LIVE, IN-GAME from Firelotus Tavern In Owl's Head and, as always, you can listen in to all the fun on Avatar's Radio! We kick off the shenanigans Friday at 2 pm Central, so be sure to log in... and tune in tomorrow afternoon!

[​IMG]

17. FireLotus

[​IMG]

Please join us Wednesday, October 29th at 3pm CDT for our next Hangout of the Avatar! Richard, Starr, and Chris will be chatting about Release 11, recounting their favorite moments while also looking ahead to Release 12. And as usual, I’ll be taking your questions and feedback about R11 live in the chat-room and also in advance on our website in the comments section!

18. FireLotus

[​IMG]
    Join Concept Art Lead, Stephen Daniele and Community Manager/Writer, Gina Dionne November 4th as we explore the Tower of the Shuttered eye! As always Stephen shares his passion for creating art through insightful demonstration of tools and techniques in a fashion easily accessible for novices and professionals alike. Community involvement is a must as input and commentary are shared throughout the show. Pen of the Avatar is live and unscripted. Add your voice to the creative vision and join Shroud of the Avatar!

Please make note of the new time for the broadcast. We'll be starting at 1:30 Central.

You can post your questions in advance on our website here and/or join us in the chat room for our usual banter! Cya then!

19. FireLotus

[​IMG]

Please join us Monday, December 1st at 10:00 AM CST (16:00 GMT) for our Cyber Monday 12 Hour Telethon celebrating our Steam Early Access launch and raising over $5 Million from our amazing backers! Richard, Starr, Chris, and the rest of our team, as well as various community members will be live on air throughout the day , hanging out and answering questions. As usual, I’ll be taking your questions and feedback live in the chat-room and also in advance on the SotA Website.

Schedule (tentative): All times and content are subject to change
    • 10:00: Welcome, R12 Post Mortem & R13 Preview
    • 11:00: Meet the Devs & Office Tour
    • 12:00: Community Spot: Music
    • 13:00: Deep Dive: Story & Single Player
    • 14:00: Deep Dive: Crafting & Economy
    • 15:00: Community Spot: In Game Events
    • 16:00: Deep Dive: Player Owned Towns Templates
    • 17:00: Deep Dive: Combat, PVP, & Death
    • 18:00: Dev Team Table Top Gaming Session
    • 19:00: Community Spot: Awarding of Orders of New Britannian Empire and Royal Warrants
    • 21:00: Community Spot: Hearth of Britannia
    [​IMG]

Hourly Prizes: If you are registered on our website (no purchase required) you will be eligible to receive one of the many prizes we will be giving away every hour including:
    • Plantronics Headsets / Earbuds (1 per hour, 12 total)
    • $100 Store Credits (1 per hour, 12 total)
    • Release 13 (December 18) Opening Weekend Access Keys (10 per hour, 120 total)
    • Alienware Desktop Grandprize for the the final hour
    [​IMG]

I'll have the link to the broadcast posted Monday shortly before we're set to go live, and a new link every 4 hours when we change the broadcast feed.. [​IMG] See you then!

20. FireLotus

Here is the first link for our Cyber Monday Telethon of the Avatar!

And part 2...

Jynx, Koldar, Arianna and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.