Viking Home ADD-ON

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by G Din, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezaviel

Ezaviel Avatar

So, this sounds like it partially answers my questions about how the "rent-free" part of a citizen pledge works in relation to this.

Am I correct that the plot is "rent free" not the house? So do Citizens get 1 rent-free plot, and purchasing the Viking House just gives us a house deed, not a second rent-free plot?

2. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Do you think that the Viking house will also be available to work towards in game as opposed to buying it through the add-on store or will it be exclusive to the add-on store?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

3. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

One hint for the Devs.

Watch out about adding a too cool looking house ( with more space) as add on, and then alot cheaper as the knights level.

I catch myself already thinking: 50 dollars ( special over) only for viking house comparing it with 250 for knights upgrade.

What could help is soon to have a comparison to Viking and Knights House.

Right now i have the feeling the viking houses comes close to the Knights House space, but only 50 Dollar instead of the Kngihts House with 250 Dollar.
    200 Dollar diffrence is not peanuts. :)
    I mean if you look at it like 100 Dollars to 250 Dollars, it is diffrent.

But this special one month over with 50 Dollars does give the Knigths Level investment a little "?" to be solved.

Hope to have direct comparison soon.

Viking house has very large bottom space and also stairs to a secondary floor.
    I am aware of the Unique Item we get also as Knights Level.

One more thing:
    I am in no way trying to make the Shroud of the Avatar Team a bad time pointing this out. But i think it is important they know what thoughts we have. :)

They made very cool nice homes for us, the viking house loooks very very cool!
    And that is the problem...it is so cool tempting maybe some of the Knights Level Pledgers to rethink if they should have waited. :) :)

I think you get a very nice package for the Citizen + 50 Dollar Viking house at the moment.
    Can´t be overlooked.

Juvez and Gemini like this.
  4. Gemini

Gemini Avatar

That was my concern, it is why I personally would not spend $50 more now and am concerned about my current pledge.

5. Vaultarn

Vaultarn Avatar

My concern is the limited housing plots. If a whole heap of people purchase this house, many of them may never get the chance to use it because all the plots might be purchased. Would not be much fun to purchase it to only have it rot in your inventory. Or am I wrong?

Mordecai likes this.
  6. Sir Edreamer _MGT470

Sir Edreamer _MGT470 Avatar

So far, non of the add-ons have counted to the total pledge (eg the Tracey Hickman book) with a special exception being made for the Hearth of Britannia pledges between 10th August and the end of the 24 hour Telethon weekend

7. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

How does this compair in size to a village house, I don't remember ever seeing a village house yet

8. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

9. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

10. Grogan

Grogan Avatar

Titles cost money. The additional $200 is so people will call you Sir/Dame. In addition, the Knight house is unique.

11. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

So after release no one can get knights house anymore? Well that is diffrent story. Thank you for clarification.

12. Falstaff05

Falstaff05 Avatar

How would this work for someone with out a house currently? Im only at the $150 level. I would just have to find a plot to buy, and pay plot and rental fees?

13. Grogan

Grogan Avatar

That's my understanding based on the word "unique" used to describe the house. If I'm wrong, please someone correct me.

14. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I don't believe it's correct to say the knight's house won't be available after release.
    There will probably be some feature on the Founder Knight House that makes it different from the Benefactor Knight House, and another minor difference for the post-launch Knight House.

There's a picture somewhere that shows 3 models of the Knight house.

What might be Founder exclusive is the Knight's Lighthouse for waterfront property.

Koldar, skinned and Myrcella like this.
  15. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Yeah I'm sure there will be similar houses to work towards bit not the exact same house.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

16. Gemini

Gemini Avatar

I have been looking unsuccessfully on the site for the picture of the knight (and other higher tier houses) if you have a link it would be useful for several of us i imagine.

17. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Koldar and Gemini like this.
  18. G Din

G Din Avatar

They also show the Knight's house in the 3 Month Demo Video. Not sure if thats just the village level, I think it is, but it looks to have 2 floors plus a useable roof. So, I feel it still warrants its higher pledge level. Plus, your not just comparing 1 house to another. The Knight's tier gets more rewards and extras for that increased cost.

19. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We are hoping to release another housing update next week that includes more formal images and info about the Knights and Edelmann's house

20. Hartsblade

Hartsblade Avatar

This is the same boat I'm in. I'd love to lay out the $50 for the Viking House because I think it looks awesome and is all I'd really want/need for a house in SotA, but I'm only at the $125 Explorer pledge level and there is no way I can swing a $500 pledge to secure a plot.

My big concern is if I'm not a "power player" and only have limited time to play, will I ever be able to own a house in SotA? The way it reads now is that the casual player is out of luck when it comes to getting housing, I guess that's my real question...

What expectations should casual players have when it comes to housing if they can't afford a Citizen level pledge?

I would love to toss another $50 in this month to secure the Viking House, but if I don't have a realistic expectation of ever being able to use it then it would be silly for me to spend the money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.