Want your poetry or Fan fiction read as a podcast?

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Caveloot.com Owner, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stile

stile Avatar

Echoes from the Cavern, a joint project between Lord Baldrith and myself are now offering such a service.

Please contact me with any poems or fan fiction you would like read, the title of the piece, and what name you want attributed to it.

Note:
    1- your own work only!!!
    2 - must in some way be related to SotA
    3- Larger pieces of fan fictions will be broken into multiple weekly pieces
    4- You have to understand this is a volunteer project, we are not professionals. We do the best we can, but when mistakes happen you cant beat us up for it!

Background on this project:
    A few weeks ago Lord Baldrith started doing news casts. This week he also did a poetry reading. Willing to include a piece of fan fiction as well!

He does these on Friday, weekly. Keep in mind this just started 3 weeks ago, so hes done 3 news casts and his first poetry piece tonight. In short - Were still adjusting to things! I expect that in more time things will become more polished as Lord Baldrith is more comfortable with it, and gets more use to the software.

If you haven't heard anything, he has a fantastic voice!!!!

Hes doing all the podcast work as far as the recordings. I assist in with the publication and community side of things. As well as providing him encouragement :)

The Podcasts are published on Itunes, and there is a subscription feed for non Itune podcasts users.

Visit www.thecaverns.net to see tonight's podcasts/listen to them. We do have a website specifically set up for podcasts, but its more of a background and archive page (to clean a clean feed for one thing), and everything does syndicate over to the main caverns site. If you want to visit the sub-site though it is at:
    http://thecaverns.net/Podcasts/divided-souls-poem-by-houston-dragon-narrated-by-lord-baldrith/

Cir, Doppelganger, rild and 11 others like this.
  2. stile

stile Avatar

P.S. - Amber Raine is currently also playing Lord Baldrith's podcasts on the Avatar Radio.

Thank you

3. stile

stile Avatar

P.P.S. - I am also willing to publish podcasts for other people, if you want to do your own reading and want it feeded.

4. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

This sounds very interesting, indeed o_O

5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Sir Stile Teckel... a brave man embracing the brave new world...

"Customs Are Built, From Those Brave That Challenge!"

Come we to the sanctuary of where free air can truly be ours
    Feed that which binds us in customs for we to enjoy for many hours
    Set a pen to adventure's words to rend humbly to all ears
    Take quill and parchment freely expressed Fore customs make years
    Place a set beacon for we all to beckon for even more joyous times
    When freedom becomes a wind that blows our adventure's chimes
    Take all hearts here to the stage where our stories can all ring
    Far from any censorious courts of any oppressing in the name of our King!

"One Land, One King! Grand Bards Come All! And Welcome To New Britannia!"

*the Time Lord loves this*
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

6. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Since I cannot write poetry easily in English I already spent my whole energies in the "Valentines reading day". But I will follow you!

7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops:
    "Pod Cast SotA Player Fiction"

If we had a reader, to read stories in other languages, I would love to hear the first one... because it would be the first one :D
    What Sir Stile Teckel is providing is not a contest.... it is a place where SotA stories written by players, can become "pod-cast".
    As long as there were someone to read it (in any language) then a good SotA fiction story will be great to listen to, in any language!

8. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Well, reading stories in another language may not be a bad idea...We'd need a volunteer or two :)

9. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Well, Spanish sounds a little bit like latin...

10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

" Theater in the Sphere "

Shakespeare had his plays in a round theater, that had a round stage where all that came had a centered view of his play's workings. How strange it is now that we here in SotA are provided not just a round stage for our plays, but a stage built in a perfect sphere, where all angles have a front row seat.
    I hope we can complement our Stage Manager Sir Stile Teckel, with plays fit for our King!
    And remember, Shakespeare was not famous because he was only a great writer. Shakespeare was famous for being a great writer that taught Kings better, and portrayed them as they were...

The common public figures can be fickle to the press, but victim to the slanderer. Yet when they are already on a stage, they can do no more than to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, and... get on with the SotA play! ;)

11. stile

stile Avatar

Thanks everyone for the great feedback! It's great to see people like this! I also appreciate all the kind words, but want to add Lord Baldrith is the star of this thing. I have a lot of work on the front end but beyond that he will be the one making sure this keeps happening with his voice, which is truly amazing for this type of work!

As far as other languages go, Lord Baldrith called it perfectly. If someone is willing to read pieces in other languages we can make sure they g out on the podcast services.

If anyone is interested, contact either one of us. We will send you the pieces we have permission to do podcasts on. You would then record it (mp3 preferred, but we can convert audio formats) and send it back to us, and well get it published for you!

12. stile

stile Avatar

This is fantastic Time Lord! Love it! Can we use it on a cast? *grins*

13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Oh come on *blushes* You can use anything of mine you ever like ;)
    I can't write long stories, but I love listening to them!
    Feel free, live free and use anything you like of mine for free for whatever you want anytime and any way you want it!
    the Time Lord chr belongs to everyone to trash out how they wish ;)

14. stile

stile Avatar

Awesome Time Lord!

15. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Ok, maybe I can try it. But I think I have troll voice.

16. stile

stile Avatar

Would be fantastic Eriador! Email me at stile@thecaverns.net

Also lord baldriths email is at lordbaldrith@the caverns.net

Well get you what you need and then get stuff posted when done.

Anyone wanting to send anything shoot it to etiher or both of us! I might be better inital as im storing all this into folder archives to keep track of and forward to LB. Lord Bladrith is really the star though! Hes doing the recordings and readings.

Hes also playing around with different tools right now to improve and

Submissions email me at stile@thecaverns.net with the author names u want used, title, and content. Ill forward to lord B and hell work it into the schedule.

His mic is down right now but he has one on order.

Hes posting it initially and you can listen to it at any point after that, as its not live.

After he posts it, ill tweak it so that it also publishes to itunes and the feeds for anyone subscribed to get it.

Ill also drop Amber Raine a note and shell play it at dif times on Radio.

Im not sure how soon. lord Baldrith does the reading and recordings as hes the man with a voice! So im letting him set the schedules as works best for him. Hes been doing them in fridays but i think he mentioned maybe doing extra recordings on fridays and posting more often. We are getting a lot of participants, which is great!

I also am always telling Lord Baldrith to not over extend on time on it. What he can fit into his schedule easily :)

You can watch www.thecaverns.net for them. Or go there and choose the podcast menu option. It will take you to the podcast site where they go up first. Theres also links to subscribe by email, and the feed link to put into a podcast server for those who use that is there.m

On itunes search for echoes from the caverns.

On the caverns.net site, under about and syndication are 9 other syndication locations as well. So you can get news/posts/podcasts using your favorite method if your interested :)

The podcast site is the first post with it though.

Thank you guys, this will be great! I really appreciate the compliments and love the interest. i told Lord Baldrith i felt this would be a good project and well received. Im glad it is going that way.

I also want to say its an honor to work with him on this! When he signed up doing news posts i was excited. Hes also been an invaluable help on getting time sensitive news published when i cant.

I knew he had some vocal talks in the past so when he agreed to do this I was thrilled.

Seeing it working out and growing is fantastic! Its only going to get better as he gets more comfortable with it and gets more polish on it.

Its my hope that Lord Baldrith becomes as associated with audio podcasts as the awesome Mad Hermit is with video!!

To be able to get to play a role in that with him is fantastic. What i love about this project is every author that is willing to let him read their work, becomes a part in building this project. Something a lot of people get to help make a great resource and source of entertainment for all. Love this community, it never stops amazing me!

17. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Let me know if you need any help Eriador. I'm learning Audacity for the editing/recording software. Any USB mic works. Even tho I've had nothing but trouble with my first mic I have another one on order as a backup.

18. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I can try to send you a small text, a personal letter to Don Quixote. As you know is the story about a man that was crazy and believed that he was a knight and wanted to kill the monsters of the world. But, in my point of view, was the world what was crazy, not him. He was nice.

And mixes perfect the theme here, and also... Well, avatars are a little bit like him, right?

19. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Avatars radio would like offer air time on top of our already enjoying sharing Lord Baldrith's podcasts in this. If such would be of interest :) I have a feeling our listeners would enjoy it and as it is community work which is what we were and still are all about. :)

and i would like if i may offer my voice. if you need a female one in anything :)

20. stile

stile Avatar

absolutely!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.