Welcome New Players!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Berek, Jun 9, 2016.

1. rebbieforever

rebbieforever Avatar

If I remember well you got to mention it - try typing wood or maple wood to him

2. KsAvatar82

KsAvatar82 Avatar

Hello all, I'm known as Artur Vincent in game. This is my second day of playing the the full release of SotA, I played it a bit in beta. Liking how the story looks finished now, working as a mage basically, though I have to use the other two premade decks at certain times. I really like how this game turned out! Can't wait to actually talk with other players, so if you see me or notice I'm online do say hi!

Sulaene Moon, majoria70 and Time Lord like this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Welcome back & Welcome anew @KsAvatar82 :) You will know me as "Nystal TimeLord" ingame, or a few of the other characters I play.

If you happen to find the time, I'd like to know your opinion on our game's opening welcome scenes while it's fresh in your mind :)
    :oops: Click the link below to the thread if you care to leave a comment...
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...future-or-past-of-new-player-welcomes.155257/

You can find me ingame hanging around the island of HidenVale anytime :D~Time Lord~

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @KsAvatar82. I would be happy to answer questions anytime or just whisper a hello anytime. I'm Majoria in game.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Luzgash

Luzgash Avatar

Hi from UA to every one 0/

Sentinel2 and Time Lord like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello @Luzgash and welcome. I'm Majoria in the game if I can help.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Ieliar

Ieliar Avatar

8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Welcome @Ieliar ! :) We have a large growing Russian following in the game, so "welcome indeed!"
    ~Time Lord~

9. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Avatar

Hello everyone! :) I hope to do lots of adventuring with you all!

Sentinel2, Ataniiq and Jaesun like this.
  10. Clinton

Clinton Avatar

Hello! Been playing the Game steady for 2 months now but just now having a look around the forums.

Sentinel2, Ataniiq and Jaesun like this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @Clinton to the game. I'm majoria in game if I can help.

Clinton and Ataniiq like this.
  12. Karagra

Karagra Avatar

Hello everyone been playing for 3-4 days figured I would stop by here after I just posted a suggestions thread lol.

Ataniiq likes this.
  13. Ataniiq

Ataniiq Avatar

Welcome Karagra, hope you are enjoying SotA!

14. radyogh

radyogh Avatar

Hello!

I'm playing SotA for about 1 month. I did try starting before (there was an open beta weekend or something like that) played for a few hours and dropped.

So far SotA seems very buggy, unfinished and extremely grindy, but somehow it is still somewhat interesting for me... plus there aren't many alternatives. And most people here are very nice.

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @radyogh. It's nice to meet you. Yes we are a new game and still a work in progress. Even though the game has been around quite some time most of those years were development times. We were just lucky enough to get to play while they were developing. Well lucky and not lucky in some ways. It took a lot of patience sometimes. If I can help anytime let me know. There are lots of things to do other than grind once you find out about all of them. For example the music system is a nice break from the grind. You can sync songs in group. Some players are fully into being merchants and getting your free deed is so easy now. You might be surprised if you have not gotten it yet. Anyway I'm Majoria in the game and again I'm happy to help anytime if I can. I have been here since 2013 rallying for the game as do a lot of others. *cheers* Have a great time.

radyogh likes this.
  16. knightly

knightly Avatar

1. If you had to place yourself on a scale of interest in this game at this time (between 1 and 100), where would you say is your interest right now?
    2. Can you give a short list of specific things that aren't here that you'd like to see?
    3. Can you speak a little about WHY you want these things? (Remember: There's no wrong answer here because we're just interested in your view!)
    4. Is it safe to assume that the things you speak of in #3, if present, would raise your score?
    5. If so, by how much?
    6. If we're still not at 100%, can you tell us what else is either missing, or you haven't heard enough about to decide if/how it interests you?
    7. If you could make ONE suggestion for ONE specific change that is NOT world changing, what would it be and why would you choose it over any other thing?
    8. Finally, if you could ask ONE question and known you would get a direct response that would not end until you explicitly stated your understanding of it, what would you ask?
    1. Interest atm 75% been playing a few days, so rather excited, but of course not knowing a lot about the game I have a few concerns.
    2. I would like to see my Distract skill go up :) feels like I have used it 100 times and it never goes up. Tried in and out of combat. Finally just gave up on subterfuge.
    3. would like to try out a stealthy dual wielder style
    4. I am sure I must be doing something wrong
    5. <----------------> that much
    6. Watched a random video of a past twitch stream, and the dev was making a special deal for people you get a free cape if you spend 80 dollars? Just hoping I was missing something there.
    7. hrmm so far being new I guess my suggestion would be to not have to pay to ask questions in chat. No one ever seems to answer local and I can not seem to chat in any other channel
    8. What is the meaning of life :)

9. I actually just made this post because I am stuck in game, and I can not seem to post in the bug forums. I did /bug in game and got this
    07/04/2019 01:46
    Title: Stuck in the room with Geistesser
    Reproduction Rate: 1 time still stuck
    Blocker? Yes can not get out
    Details: After going in and killing Geistesser and getting his skull, the entrence/exit I cam in is blocked by some cold energy field. There seems to be another exit but it is also blocked by a cold wall that does damage.
    Steps to Reproduce: Do quest for Esmeralda
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12) System RAM: 32697
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU RAM: 11127
    SotA.Win.64.1004.Date.07.02.19
    Area: Novia_R6_Hills04_01
    Area Display Name: Highvale Outskirts
    Loc: (73.8, 36.0, 48.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfSGlsbHMwNF8wMXx8KDczLjgsIDM2LjAxMiwgNDguNzg4KXwoMCwgLTAuMDgzLCAwLCAwLjk5Nyl8MzIyOC43NTF8MTEuNjk2MjR8MS4yNQ==
    P>S it worked I can now post in bug section:)

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome and no worries to have spend cash except to chat in game you need the orb to universe chat and that is too bucks on the store. This game recently became free to play and the orb price is set for a couple of reasons.

1)to contribute to this crowd funded only game
    2)to help prevent botting

There are other ways to chat too. /zone is zone chat. In my opinion it is important to set up a few chat windows. Just drag them out uncheck unecessary things under the blue gear and resize. I actually have 4 windows.

1)Universe chat /u
    2)trade channel /t
    3/combat window with loot and other pertinent info while battling
    4)whispers, zone chat, party chat etc.

No one says to buy with real money if you don't want to or can't Almost Everything is purchaseable in game with in game gold. It just takes time and it gives lots of goals to achieve.
    Now we get free deeds (2) in fact from doing quests. That is a pretty recent addition.

Houses can be crafted and the row house comes with a default house which can be changed out with a crafted one if you want one day.

But still the fact is this game needs funding to continue so there will always be a cash shop being the model is crowd funded. There are some coto drops but not too many.

If I can ever help I am Majoria in game. Send me a friends request anytime.

Also if you don't see me go to a mailbox and click on send mail then majoria and say hello. You can also write on a blank sheet of paper to send me a note if you don't see me. I have been playing since 2013 and I can share lots of info if you're ever wanting to hear it. Take care and have fun.

18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Check the floor where you first arrived, and click on the mirror on the floor to exit.

19. vladthelad

vladthelad Avatar

Hi, I have known about shroud for quite some time, I was always impressed by the trailers and concept art from what I’ve seen and looks to be a game I’d enjoy. However then I read the steam reviews, online reviews etc. And for the most part they’re all negative and it makes me think twice; do I really want to invest hours of my time into a game that is as bad as people say it is. Now it’s free to play I thought I’d hop in and try it, however I wanted to get some of the players opinions on the state of the game. So I’d like to ask a few questions, are the developers active within the community? Is there much of a lively player base? (The steam charts made it seem pretty empty) what is the current state of the game in terms of performance? Are there any plans for future content such as expansions going forward? Is the MTX overwhelming and or p2w (cash shop etc.)?
    I understand there is a subscription model but I couldn’t find much on it, what does this actually entail and is it p2w?

Mostly I just want someone to address the negative reviews and if a lot of the problems mentioned have either been resolved or the development teams at least doing something about it.

20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Welcome @werzal ! The best thing you can do is just play the online game and see for yourself. I have been here now for over a year and the game still seems to getting better each monthly release.

We have one of the most helpful and friendly community of any online game you will ever see. Period. Feel free to ask any questions here or in game.

All of the store stuff you pay for with premium cash (COTO’s) are mainly vanity items. Not one single thing on the store will ever allow you to be some godlike character. But it will let you make one very nice looking house or weapon and armor patterns. Again, they are looks only.

The premium currency COTO’s can be purchased for cash or bought in game using gold that drops from some creatures. You can also find them sometimes.

Steam charts do look empty because most people use the stand alone installer. I have a steam version but never use steam. I use the stand alone version.

The optional Rewards Program gives you 900 COTO’s, 3 exclusive items and a few potions every month.

Most of the negative reviews were from so long ago. At release, it was a bumpy ride. From then to now the game has gotten much more better.

There’s plans to make an Episode 2, but that’s still a ways off. You will however have to pay to play the episode 2 content, when it comes out.

Play the free game now and give it a try. Also every account gets a free Row Lot deed! Just need to finish one Outskirts area and then you can start on your new home (it comes with a default house)!

werzal and Ravenscar like this.