What craft skills do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Jack Knyfe, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robby

Robby Avatar

I'd find it annoying to have to click on all these foods and stuff to get the edge in battle!

BillRoy likes this.
  2. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

It is a pain, but after a while you remember to check your status and keep stocked.
    It's funny that after playing like that for a long time and changing games you feel like something's missing for a while.

3. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Help me remember here - was there an initial list of crafting skills posted by the devs or discussed in a hangout somewhere? I've been searching around trying to find it and I am beginning to think I dreamed it.

4. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

My wife found a list and showed me, at the begining of the year when we signed up. But but that was a long time ago and I don't remember where it came from. It was on this site somewhere though...sorry I don't got more info.:(

5. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

I was thinking it would be nice to have something like the engineer in Battlefront 2.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Have some things in the game that are placed somewhere that can be built or repaired like the picture above.
    So maybe the smith could fix/build something of metal.
    The carpenter could like build a hut or house or something that could get destroyed but repaired again later.
    Or maybe your wagon/boat got destroyed and you would need someone to repair/rebuild it.

KrojinKin and BillRoy like this.
  6. KrojinKin

KrojinKin Avatar

I think any type of skill that further "Customizes" Items or yourself, a

"Tatooer" for example creates art on skin and he could also stain pelts and stretch them out on a canvas.

"Taxidermist" Pretty self explanitory, but for example a stuffed animal can be placed in your house for show.

"Dyer" someone who can dye your clothes hair and other things.

"Fine Carpentry" for the ability to carve designs in wood , guild crests ect.

"Artist" Explanitory from molding clay to painting portraits.

Every single one of these skills should have a side skill that has to do with research, exploring and finding new ways or inspirations from portraits for the artist to variations of colors for the Dyer.
    Everything needs to be found rather than automatically obtained from skill gain. (Oh at 65 I can make a dragon spitting fire!) No, you need to explore the world and obtain knowledge of it and expand your mind. Exploring dosn't neccesarily mean fighting or combat but finding beautiful scenery, using agriculture to obtain information about a land mass and maybe some of the colors it has? Using the colors in different ways to create new ones. Call it science whatever you'd like but i'm tired of this scaling automated crafting system I find in every game.

"Agriculture" where you actually research things about the land you live on and what grows there. *Increases crop yield or a chance to obtain more then normal*

NirAntae likes this.
  7. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I think crafting skills should be seperated into gathering & crafting.

Gathering should not require skills but experience like:
    Skinning, Hordiculture(farming), Herbilism(plants & trees), Prospecting(mining, gemology).

Crafting skills of: Woodworking(sculpting), Carpentry(furnature making), Tailoring, Smithing, Tinkering, Metalurgy(forging, smelting), Tanning, jewelry crafting, Enchanting, Scribing, First aid, Brewing, Cooking, Baking, Stoneworking(sculpting), Bowfletching, Ceramics(potery, glass blowing).

I forgot Alchemy....

BillRoy likes this.
  8. Favonius Cornelius

Favonius Cornelius Avatar

Trading or negotiation to get away from any pesky fees or get bonuses with NPCs. :)

BillRoy likes this.
  9. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I like that, it's especially good if you aren't a crafter and due to that don't make quality gear/stuff to use, and don't have things to sell or auction other than found loot.

I'm not a crafter.;)

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Very nice list I agree. I would like to see all of this. Also fishing with some excitement to it to break up the monotony. Finding treasure and surprises. The sea serpeants were cool diversions.

11. Knoxinn

Knoxinn Avatar

I'm not a huge fan of fishing up sea serpents. I just don't want to fish in full armor. As a compromise, I would offer that the percentage of snagging a sea serpent is next to zero near a V/T/C but increases as you get out in the wilds. I mean in the wilds you would be in full gear anyway. This way everyone wins. ;) Also throw in the standard treasure map/SOS type of bottles to get you out to those dangerous fishing spots in the first place.

BillRoy likes this.
  12. Mavro

Mavro Avatar

Love to see add/create remove poison, have always tried to use and find this skill. I realise it maybe in potion making but I prefer to see it as crafting skill on its own, maybe apply poison as well. Also more typical ones like pick lock, create traps/snares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.