What Did RG Think Shroud Was Going To Cost?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaanelle DeJure, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

@Brugas ... Did you see what I posted the other day in here? Of course not... It was deleted. ;-)

How can you make a claim based on "what you see" when, by definition, what you are NOT seeing is the topic at hand?

Sure... Lots of stuff is left to stand in the forum. And I'm not one to defend just raw trolling and making no contribution of substance.

But it goes beyond that. Way beyond that. The environment is more like... If what you post has any hint of sarcasm or abrasive remark, then the whole thing is contaminated, and should be ignored.

But it goes even beyond THIS... There is the idea that the reason the game is struggling is BECAUSE of people being sarcastic and giving nasty reviews.

What I am trying to get you to see... Or at least acknowledge the possibility of, is that people being sarcastic and going on the attack is a *natural reponse* to feeling chronically unheard and dismissed.

Now we can go around forever like this because the typical response here is like: What do you MEAN the devs don't listen to the players??! That is so ridiculous, I mean just look at all these FEATURES that were requested by the players!

It just goes round and round until people start to realize that they could BOTH be listening AND not listening depending on the topic at hand.

When people don't feel listened to they tend to begin to shout. If a third party then comes along and berates the shouter for "being incivil" then they become complicit in the attempted silencing of that voice.

Spoon, Preachyr, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  2. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

It's great that you want to be solution-oriented. But we already HAVE a bunch of solutions... That aren't working.

We get copious updates, release and patch notes. We get the quarterly plans for development. We get hours and hours of Q&A and extra "tech talks". We get developer blogs.

Yet... There appears to be a blind spot somewhere. Seems to me that it's not "OK" to express frustration that so many of these "great new features" don't seem to work right.

To be fair... There has been talk of focusing on bug fixes. We shall see. Seems to have been quickly overtaken by chatter about all the "great new features" slated for Episode 2.

Me? I'm still waiting for Bludgeons to work.

Cordelayne, Xandra7 and Brugas like this.
  3. Gix

Gix Avatar

You mean like how they intentionally don't want to call their subscription model a subscription model?

Or how they were squeamish to call their "official release" an official release because they didn't want players to think that the game was finished?

Or how about their blue sparkles/waves that are "totally not" exclamation points or quest arrows? You know, the thing they said (multiple times) they wouldn't do?

What about the people who have been giving criticism for all these years only to be met with players and devs alike denying the issues? I don't wish it but the moment you'll be shown the middle finger for offering feedback, you might be singing a different tune.

After 5 years of development, why are they only NOW talking about reworking the questing system/experience when so many of us complained about it despite being told that we were wrong, that it was working as intended and that we should go back to World of Warcraft because we were babies that needed our hands to be held?

Why can't people offer criticism without having some fan criticizing ourselves as a person?

It's strange because, for the amount of people that say things like "Is the game perfect? Of course not!", there sure is a lot of resistance and arguments when someone points out any of the game's multiple flaws.

You can't just ask EA to stop doing loot boxes, but when enough people rally their pitchforks, you can get them to listen. The "anti-Port" stance is Portalarium's own creation; not only because we're technically ALL on the same side here (we all want a good game) despite a lot of us being discontent, but Portalarium's own design and overall behaviour when dealing with such criticism is driving people away... furiously.

4. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you all for your feedback here.

As a reminder, the forums here allow for criticisms when delivered in a courteous and respectful manner. Concerns about moderation should be directed to support@portalarium.com

eagell, Floors, Anpu and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.