Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

What needs to be fixed/addressed

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by JOSEPHHELM, Feb 2, 2015.

?

Do you agree with the majority of my comments?

1. Yes

8.0%
  2. No

92.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Very aware of the kickstarter page. The point is; I will only ever see it as an MMO because that is the element i'm interested in whilst others will push the point about single player because that is all they are interested in.

I see little point in having ongoing debates on what the game is. The game is whatever you want it to be based upon the colour of the lens you view it.

Tahru, Duke Raas, Tarsin and 4 others like this.
  2. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

To me what will make this game a huge success is if it is a multiplayer game with an awesome story and MMO elements.

BUT without a good storyline to play through, I'm not so interested in the multiplayer stuff - has to be a win/win best of both worlds!

Tahru, TheMadHermit and Montaigne like this.
  3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Can't disagree with you. And I hope that we will all get the most out of the game.

4. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

To E n v y 's point. Here's a video that may help you better understand where we are game-size-wise and where we are going for Episode 1. As I understand it, each episode will add a new map the size of the Island of Novia. So the game world will continue to grow. Right now, in pre-alpha, we are starting to get tiny glimpses into the main game map (The Island of Novia) where our adventure will ultimately start when the game releases. Though currently we are primarily confined to The Hidden Vale, which is a tiny island to the North East of Novia.

We have been placed here during the Pre-Alpha while they work to build-out the main game world. Hope that helps clarify things.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

If anyone is trying to judge this game by what is represented at this point, they will fail. The houses are sucessful fund raisers, they are not THE game .
    This is not Ultima Online, while many things that we love from Ultima will be implemented into the game. Rich story and choices, a lot of interactive, as Richard says if it looks like it should do something it will (or something like that).

It is totally ok to voice thoughts to what you see or envision, but to realize we are not seeing a complete game at this point. That is the tough part of this stage of development for some, but it is not the end of the world, it just takes
    patience and one day at a time to allow it to get developed without anyone losing faith in it before it's even done.

Sit back and enjoy the ride or come back in a bit. Everything is going as it needs to go right now. If some come into the game without a clear idea of what the vision is for this game that is sad for them since the vision for this game is
    awesome.

For myself this game will be a playground of ideas. When the game comes out I want to hunt treasures, discover mysteries throughout the world, or perhaps I'll fish one up in a message in a bottle, or perhaps find a dead body with a clue on it.
    This will be the game. If I decide to do a quest the unvirtuous way by stealing all the quest givers gold or an item (of course I wouldn't and that is just an example) then that would be a choice in this virtue system driven world. Perhaps I would
    be virtuous and help the quest giver instead. None of this is in game at this point and it should not be here since we are not playing the game yet which is a true fact.:)

4EverLost, Morkul, Tahru and 4 others like this.
  6. Heron_Of_Alexandria

Heron_Of_Alexandria Avatar

I like the item drop suggestion at the end because, when someone drops there own items on the floor, if they are feeling boastful it does whet the appetite of the thief personalities in your world which would make them want to itch that closer to the player who is provoking his/her stash, as if they are giving unrestricted access to their own homes.

Besides, It does a few more things like add more scenery into the world and bring the thieving players closer together because of the black hole like effect = unity.

Tahru likes this.
  7. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I would not be suprised if they shift away from the Solo Part more and more with each Episode and Focus more on the MMO Area of the game.
    Money talks.

Tahru likes this.
  8. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Please God, no!

Archibald Leatherneck and Tahru like this.
  9. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

I don't agree with that necessarily. It's important to note that MMO players aren't the only ones spending money on the game: so are single-player people and then there are those who spend money for both. Now obviously I don't know the percentage but considering how there is no subscription fee, in theory upon release most of the money Portalarium makes will come from when a person buys the game.

Since you don't have to log-in for single-player offline, it'll be more difficult for Portalarium to know how many people play it but I wouldn't be surprised if a sizeable customer base never even logs on into multiplayer or only plays for a short period. In fact, MMOs are infamous for starting with huge crowds before dwindling down. So while MMO sales might drive profits in the beginning, I believe single-player will eventually balance it out.

The only reason the "MMO" portion of the game will make more is because of add-ons...and most of those will likely also be accessible in single-player in some form. After all, it'd be really bad business to not capitalize on the single-player only population of SOTA.

10. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

@Heradite

Lets just hope they make Money like hell , at the end does not matter where it Comes from. Money is Money. :)
    the more the better for all of us. :)

11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Playing UO, i avoided gate travel and recalling msot of the time. i enjoyed wandering the land and happening across other folks or some wierd adventure.

I was skeptical of the idea of an overworld mp at first but seeing all the ideas they intend to impliment with it has me hopeful. And the music they have with it currently gives me a "travelling montage" kind of feeling which i love.

Archibald Leatherneck and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.