What to do with all those empty Shardfall PvP zones ...

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by addrox, Mar 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addrox

addrox Avatar

These are the most pointless worthless zones in game that if new players who may at some point want pvp will receive a cold hearted "theres no pvp here all zones empty".

What the point?

What shall we do to them? Shall we get rid of all those unused zones? Can we make them worthwhile? Make each zone each own PvP game type like FFA Last man standing or capture the flag for example?

Can they be turned into hunting spots? PVE? Can they be destroyed and used as kool no pvp fishing spots because fishing is all that matters now? FFS people why go through all the time and money to make them and they are EMPTY ... you cant hunt farm or even pvp there. New persons who daringly venture into one zone will find out the only reason they are scarey is due to HOW FKN BORING AND EMPTY they are.

DEVS CAN I EVEN GET A DREAM OF WHAT MAY BE DONE TO MAKE THEM "GREAT AGAIN" within the next 10 years?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Spinok, Dhanas and Rada Torment like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Sure.

3. addrox

addrox Avatar

i should have titled this ShardFAIL PVPless zones ... can't even hunt in them ...

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

LMAO gp explore in them you can gather resources, farm critter for loot /exp, it is in every Sharfals.

Some even have Bossse and progressive Spawns.

You do risk a chance at meeting a PLayer who might want to kill you but that is the choice of PvP zones.

SOOO go use them they are not not being used because they are worthless, it is just that it deos not appease PvPer because they do not bring in more shpep.

Cest Le Vive

FrostII likes this.
  5. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

shhhhh

some of us frequent these scenes entirely stealthed, except when we pop out and chop down a tree, or nab a beetle from a cotton bush

and we stay stealthed, watching you run by, thinking youre all alone...

6. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I like shardfalls. They can be a bit empty and unimaginative, though. I think they could definitely use a redesign.

Verdantis has trees and angry elves. Could use some more variety in swamp critters.

Quel shardfall has a treasure puzzle and a secret lich boss. (That boss needs redone, howeverm)

Grunvald has three dragons, but the rest is completely empty.

Paladis shardfall has a random high level monster that spawns..... and sometimes something very special! (No spoiler from me.)

Those are the ones that come to mind. Surely, as the OP said, they could be better, but I think the improvement is likely to come through PVE rather than PVP specific content. The Fall is popular, after all, not because of its convenient location and seaside views.

I don't PVP but I also love shardfalls.

The Hendoman and addrox like this.
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Invite your friends to play. The game is free now. More players means more players in the PvP zones, and they won't be empty worthless anymore.

Black Tortoise likes this.
  8. addrox

addrox Avatar

I hear you but i am merely stating that even if i go into a shardfall (except that one that has dragons) with a group of friends ... we will sit there as the PvP zones have HORRIBLE PVE and no PvP. So we cant even go in and PVE and wait to get ambushed. They are just worthless zones and at this point could be turned into Large fishing lakes and no one would care (maybe fisherpersons would get happy).

And then if I advise someone to log in ... and they want a taste of PvP what would they get if they venture into a Shardfail? They look fantastic but they are devoid of hunting and PvP. Normally what happens in Games like UO or EVE or Darkfall ... people go to a zone because its good for hunting ... pvpers go to hunt the hunters ... other pvpers go to hunt the pvpers hunting the hunters and the cycle continues. THERE IS NOTHING in these Shardfails ...

I'd be impressed with even a ROAD MAP as to what possibilities are being thought of and how long to wait ...

I mean fine make 500 fish masks ... no problem ... seriously ....

but at some point address the lack of PvP in zones ... "designed" (if that is a proper word for the Shardfails) for PvP.

9. addrox

addrox Avatar

I do ... and for regular hunting the EXP or Resource gathering is horrible ... I rather just go to the Fall/Rise/Deep Ravenswood, UT ...

10. Dreadwhisper

Dreadwhisper Avatar

There should be a +X crafting station within each different Shardfall that gives a better bonus chance but takes longer to craft. This would allow for players to flock to zones for better chances at crafting and create a little more diverse interactions within PVP vs. PVE players.

Dhanas and Spoon like this.
  11. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I agree that the shard falls need a change and here is my two cents...

It really sounds like PVP need some changes before it will be a regularly scheduled event or something to do when bored. So they need to start focusing it more in a controlled environment to fine tune the elements that people want out of it. They should focus all PVP in the obsidian trials until the can get that worked out. The current PVP only scenes should be turned into normal scenes where people who want to explore and adventure can do so. People who still want PvP can turn their flag on and still get the bump to exp in all scenes.

By doing this they would give themselves a controlled environment where people who want to PvP can go and try it out, give feedback and even get some rewards. By narrowing the PvP locations hopefully people could actually find people to PvP.

On the other side... the PVE population that is now getting low on new scenes would have more places to explore and adventure and it would give use to a lot of cool artwork and time that the devs put into a number of scenes that are rarely used.

Once they get people hooked on PvP and three fine tuned the obisian trials they could start adding different PvP rewards from the trials.

They need to focus on keeping the population they have and bringing new players in and that involves having things that someone could do while playing that fair their mood. Even now if I wanted to PvP in the trials it is always empty when I check.

The Hendoman and Rook Strife like this.
  12. Vero

Vero Avatar

I would love to see some different 'pvp rulesets' in shardfalls / have devs use the shardfalls as 'testing area's for possible new pvp stuff.

perhaps test the 'party pvp' stuff: in a shardfall

or

perhaps test some different skill/AL capped stuff: in a shardfall. a 'no-cap pvp' shardfall, a capped shardfall, a full loot shardfall etc. etc.

Dhanas and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  13. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I've seen people in the shardfalls. I have an alt that I stealth around all the time in them. Cut down the occasional tree, stealth again. Rinse and repeat.

My alt is just tough enough to handle them. But if someone wants to take me out, they will be sad. No goodies other than the basic resources I've gathered there. After that, I just leave and go somewhere else.

I really think we need some kind of karma system. Maybe bounties?

Either way, people should feel the pain (eventually) of what they have done.

Black Tortoise likes this.
  14. addrox

addrox Avatar

Thanks everyone ... you have all made some excellent points ... Even if they just bump up the mobs, nodes, and mini bosses in each area to attract people and maybe add the PvP testing and mini games. Anything would be nice at this point. Spread the word ... We need everyone to comment on this and let the Devs know we are watching and hoping for a continued successful SOTA+!

Dhanas likes this.
  15. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

We suggested it, and I think it's on the table from what I hear. One or more of the shardfalls may be tested as a no ransom zone. I think Opalis is already a skill capped zone?

16. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Having something else to do than gathering and killing monster would be fun too. Shardfalls are like the trophys to the lack of imagination and game mechanic.

Black Tortoise and Dhanas like this.
  17. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

all of that for sure DC, but the no ransoms means no consequence. Maybe we will get some people who want to try playing :) And yes, Opalis is currently capped, skills are reduced to 100 max, and adventure level is knocked down to 80.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  18. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

)shardfall blood bay and fall high danger pvp zones with ransoms -
    )Ruins mid danger pvp zones with no ransoms -
    )opalis e obsidian trial pvp zone with no ransoms e level cap -
    )rest of scenes safe zones

winwin ))

addrox likes this.
  19. addrox

addrox Avatar

But I am also hoping with some SCENE redesign or change of mobs and nodes ... we need to pull people into these areas ... bosses ... exp bonus ... mini games ... something

Cant just have an empty zone and expect people to come just because ...

20. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Maybe the answer lies in what a lot of people have commented on: bring more mobs / PvE into the Shardfalls. This will entice players to go in (those that dare) and it will provide a chance for more PvP. Right now we have a PvP game-mode, and it's the Obsidian Trials. Bringing some type of permanent PvP mechanic to the Shardfalls will not change anything. However, I would agree that a random event in any one of the Shardfalls periodically might be a better choice (so, yes, a "Capture the Flag" type scenario or something similar, on a periodic "event" type basis might be a good idea).

Jason_M likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.