why people hide in friends - to avoid the griefers!!!

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by liz_the_wiz, Aug 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  2. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

@SmokerKGB , As I said...
    So, the 10% bonus for playing MPO may not apply anymore, but it did at one time. If I remember, I will test this in FO/MPO and see if it's still the case or not. If the bonus no longer exists, then playing in FO/SPO is a legitimate option for avoiding 'griefers' and not taking an XP hit for it.

3. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I looked back to r27 and couldn't find it but I remember reading it, though I don't remember where.

Daring Adventurer! I use it from time to time. (^8

4. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

The way I'm reading this is:

A Party with members of lvl 50, lvl 20, lvl 20, lvl 10 is fighting a critter that rewards 1000 points... Each member gets; 500, 200,200,100 respectfully... Then they get 10% more, so; 550, 220, 220, 110 is what each member gets for slaying this critter... In solo you get the entire 1000 points wo/ 10% bonus...

I still haven't found anything about a 10% PvP bonus and seem to remember a "we'll consider it" being said in one of the hangouts...

5. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

@MrBlight Chris didn't sound very confident about this, thanks for the link BTW, is this from Dev+? Sounds more like a test on the Dev+ server to me:

We’re also trying out a few changes we’re just referring to as “Experimental”. These are changes we expect to tweak and are just looking to see how they impact some of our metrics. The first is that players who are flagged PVP and playing in multiplayer mode will receive a 25% experience bonus. The goal is to reward the extra risk that PVP players take since we still do not have systems in place for other measurable rewards in PVP. We’ll be looking to see how this impacts players playing in PVP and also multiplayer mode. My guess is this will change into something like a 10% bonus for players in multiplayer mode and 10% bonus for being PVP in future releases.

This doesn't make any mention about "penalizing" SPO, FPO w/ 10% decline in Exp... You just wouldn't get a 10% bonus, which I would assume would make it to the "Official" transcript of the instructions... Plus, it reads to me like PvP "AND" MPO would need to be satisfied before you receive the bonus and not one or the other, it's not really clear, IMO...

I agree, that Both PvP AND MPO should satisfy the bonus requirements (I'm assuming you can PvP in FPO)..

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  6. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

The issue is not about what he has the ability to do. The issue is the additional 10% he/she gets for being in Multi-Player and being flagged PvP. In essence this player receives a Bonus of 20% to to their Experience Points not for being marked PvP, not for playing in Multi-Player, but for being a JERK.

In many cases the only so called choice someone has is to leave or change to Friends Only where you do not receive any Bonus to your Experience Points.

You have however pointed out exactly what we have known for a long time. This game is all about PvP, Every change, every move they make is to encourage, lure, and push people into PvP. Trouble is if the majority of the players had known this from the beginning, there would be far fewer players here today.

7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Except that simply grouping shows you that the exp is split evenly amongst the group or groupies, it is NOT split up by level. So your level Vs your members levels plays no part in who gets what kind of exp...

Its the same reason power leveling is so lucrative.

Ill go through the other release notes.. ( that was R36) and see if i can narrow down the changes for you.

As there is definitly Exp difference right now between FMO and MMO (unless they changed it last release) And there is most definitly an EXP boost for PVP Flagging.

Some people look at it as a *penalized for being in friends mode* becuase they do not receive the MMO bonuse.* but thats a different discussion.

Anyways, no 2 people split the exp equally, regardless of level.
    Unless this changed in the last 2 weeks..

Forums are a pain in the ass but you can see numerous threads in the PVP area regardding the changes.. ill see if i can narrow down from the devs.

Edit - and no that wasnt Dev + that was just release notes.

SmokerKGB likes this.
  8. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

When I find someone competing for resources, I usually ask if they want to party. More often than not they do and we both benefit and I have a new friend.

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Party with a flagged player, you get flagged... Then, you likely get Dead at the hands of your new party member.

10. Numa

Numa Avatar

Unfortunately, this kind of thing is going to be more frequent after release as more new people come in. Aside from calling in the cavalry (if you do have one to call in) I would recommend performing the read book emote then doing the same thing in RL for about half an hour or so. These adrenaline junkies shrivel up when faced with boredom :)

11. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

its a hard balance to strike imo.

mostly I just want to go about my biz and have fun with out people killing me and stealing all my loots.

but sometimes I really want to go fight other people... when I go out looking for pvp or a fight its rarely found or its found but the other person is just flat out better than me.

ive tried flagging for open world pvp and just playing like that but I mostly just die a lot when I just want to pewpew some mobs or chop some trees...

but I don't know...

liz_the_wiz and Stundorn like this.
  12. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I would like to have a PvP mode where all pvpers can have 150% xp PvP Bonus for gods sake and open PvP everywhere with full loot.
    But then no more pvp Scenes in MP and FMO.
    Problem solved.

All hardcore pvpers can play pvp mode and have what they want.
    And only p.... play non PvP modes.
    And when they switch to MP with their much higher skills stealing kills/xp switch to FMO.

Mixing PvP with PvE is the badest decision i am aware atm.
    There are some more bad decisions, but this one is the badest.

13. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

All i can say is there are quite a few kill-stealers arround in multi.
    Just yesterday on the Dragon in Southern Grunvald Barrens i had RED Kings and 2 of his fellows kill-steal a Dragon i enganged long before they even zoned/switched to multi (i wasn't prepared for this so they got the kill).
    On their 2nd try (again, i engaged like 10 secs earlier then them) they didn't manage to kill steal it so i had a little bit of a laugh since i was just alone/solo, they were 3 in a group :D.
    Anyways, after that i did other things in friends because fighting over things is just annoying expecially if the intention of a group of douchebags is kill stealing.

IMO they should change the mechanic to: whoever engages a mob/boss first gets the kill & loot rights.

14. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

There corrected it for you :p *cough* chair *cough* I mean.

*sigh*

Siiiieeeeeege perileux lousse !

Thank you @Stundorn I couldn't have said it better, pvp is hard, pvp = stressful and not for anyone (at anytime) = possibly glorious and conductive to the evolution of the human species but thats another story.

I've joined these boards to share a deep message from the Xorinite :

This is the age of ethicxsz, and properztv state that we shall honor diversity and to do this we have no choice but to respect TWO playerbases that grew to antagonize each other with an emotional tension that defies logic. Both playerbases need specific systems... then and only then when everyone is at ease, you can attempt to combine and invite players one way or another (by of course making sure they know they are leaving the safe side of britannia, overkill emphasis as intended)

But no, since I'm literally a nobody to anyone we chose not to listen to the freak, ha ha, he's just a nerd who thinks he's the avatar (however unlikely, as we very well see) and thus all he says must be some immature cry for attention.

I suggest communicating with the xorinite before their terms change, I'm not going to do any favoritism, life changes, we change.

Stundorn likes this.
  15. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

The following will probably paint a target on my back for all the jerks but

OK so I was in twins foothills and Ive coloured the bit I did.. I didnt even do the bit at the end with the big rock with the ore node and the 2 trees and the cotton..

[​IMG]

My toon is currently 23 days old, lvl 66 and has I think with str buffed up 435 hp. Hes wearing store bought armor and has a little copper dagger he made.

So yes, twins foothills has some popularity but, it could have gone down so different.

Option 1: What if on seeing me they said hey I wanna genocide the zone if you wanna stop there, can I group, you'll get xp when Im in range and you can loot anything I leave..
    Option 2: or they could have just left the around 7 mobs that I was killing out of it.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Sorthious like this.
  16. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

This is the unfortunate consequence of any kind of open world pvp in a game that tries to cater for both pvpers and those who don't.

Pvpers think its great and should be more of it. Everyone else just sees it as griefing. Its why UO split between Trammel and Felucca (and why Tram flourished and Fel died on its feet in comparison)

It causes huge aggro to this day - take a look at BDO's forums for example. I enjoy pvp in the right environment - really enjoyed Warhammer Online and fighting Creeps vs Freeps in LOTRO but open world pvp is a whole different kettle of fish which never works in this sort of game unless that game is dedicated to it and all the players are there for the same reason.

17. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I completely dont understand your problem, much higher level avatar with pvp come for grinding XP, if you dont want to compete with him (by dps(not pvp)) or kill kim with friends, just go to friends mode.
    From his point of view, he done absolutely right, you prevent him from gain full XP per hour and he for sure want you to go away. Also he already takes much risk, and this risk is affect XP rate hardly this why he need a full potential of a zone.
    If I understand right you solved this problem right way. So again what is wrong ?

P.S. Another thing which will help a lot in those type of situations is to make decay work in PVP, I`m completely for this step btw.

18. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Why should I (or anyone) get bullied out of a zone by anyone? especially to go to friends to get less xp

19. oplek

oplek Avatar

Read the subject line of the original post: "why people hide in friends - to avoid the griefers!!!"

Then you say, " just go to friends mode"

It's almost like you get it.

20. Numa

Numa Avatar

I've been seeing this type of avatar online with more HP (& levels) than I have but their equipment & gear are starter level. New people are coming in with accelerated toons and they lack the gameplay etiquette which is the norm for the older backers. We'll be seeing more of this I'm afraid as we near launch.

Cordelayne, Solazur, zyxe and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.