Why SotA is not as fun as UO was. What I enjoy/dislike & overall feelings.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zylo, Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theeggman

theeggman Avatar

I can agree with some of the things you've stated to be honest. Combat seems a bit choppy and blan, it needs an injection of pazaz. Dodging is very glitchy, for exmple back flipping out of an attack is completely messed up.
    But saying that I think these kind of posts are very usefull. If everybody is saying how amazing things are, how are we to learn where things are going wrong?
    I paid for early access so I can hopefully help in a small capacity towards making sota a solid playable game and so far looking how to bones are shaping up, I'm impressed

The gathering fails, lack of fast travel and amount of exploring needed to find your way round is actually refreshing for me. I'm so tired of these games that are all cookie cutters of the wow model, where everything is handed to you on a plate. A game based around the old UO values and one where you have to struggle a little makes things more immersive for me.

majoria70 likes this.
  2. Truthveyor

Truthveyor Avatar

I don't know if it is only me, but I had to look up what "pre-alpha" means. I didn't know what "pre-alpha" means before. I found out that pre-alpha means it is before the alpha version, and alpha version means it is before the beta version, and beta version means it is before general release. In other words, right now SotA is 3 stages BEFORE general release. What's so amazing to me is that the developers are already actually listening to your inputs even at this stage! Literally you CAN be responsible for how the game will turn out later by giving Constructive Feedback now in the game's infancy.

"Construction Feedback", to me, means if you find a part of the game boring or vexing, say what it is, and suggest solutions if you can.

"Destructive Feedback" means saying this whole game is boring. The developer cannot take this feedback and improve the game. This kind of feedback just makes everybody feel bad.

Please let's give Constructive Feedback here and cut out Destructive Feedback. You probably don't like people ranting at you in life. Don't do that here either. It's impolite and unhelpful.

Together, by giving Constructive Feedback, we can all contribute to making this game one of the best games ever created. Richard has a track record of making best games. Now you and I can help him do it.

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I would give you ten likes for this one if the systerm would let me.
    Nailed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.