Why you are not playing or stopped to play SotA? Poll Inside

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wextel, Jun 22, 2017.

?

The reasons why you are not playing SotA at the moment or why you quitted?

Poll closed Jul 2, 2017.
  1. Lack of variety in pve(mobs style etc.)

13.1%
  2. Lack of pvp (Places where encounter several people and have the sensation of fight for something)

3.9%
  3. Feeling of waste time due to the hard farming, grinding etc. neeeded for all without a return.

27.2%
  4. The loot table is a nightmare(many dragons must have a genetical problem, they don't have neckbone)

7.8%
  5. Performances of the game

12.1%
  6. The crafting cause all can make all so my trader game can't exist.

1.9%
  7. The crafting due to the fact i can totally loose tons of mats and gold, even on first or second try.

2.9%
  8. I don't have fun at all currently in any aspect of the game.

13.6%
  9. Other reasons(if you want post them pls)

8.7%
  10. I'm playing, and i love it exactly it is.

15.0%
  11. I'm playing but i recognize many of the problems above.

25.7%
  12. I'm playing, I understand the game is in development and that Portalarium truly cares about its fans

16.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

* I don't have fun at all currently in any aspect of the game.

Sums up why I don't login. Issues addressed at length. Fall on deaf ears. It must be overwhelming to hear many voices while ignoring all those voices.

I speak blunt truths but the bluntest truth is too true and too blunt to mention. The end result will be the same no matter what I say. The end will be made anew, the end will be the beginning the beginning will be the end.

Perhaps future projects will avoid such things, perhaps future projects will involve meditation near the ocean and have nothing to do with video games.

Dantuin, Sir_Hemlock, Kaisa and 2 others like this.
  2. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

LOL when SOTA was announced, I was in 4th grade. Now I have 3 grandchildren. :eek:

Aside from the introduction of tons of polishing and content, the multiplayer game is no more playable now than it was a year ago IMO. Grind die decay rebuild grind lame loot grind rinse lather repeat. The game is beautiful visually but the mechanics continue to suck. At some point you just feel stupid, waiting for improvement, or for the devs to admit poor design decisions (e.g. decay) and fix objectively poor mechanics/systems.

Envane, Dantuin, Snikorts and 16 others like this.
  3. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Not really played for a while, but not for any of the reasons in the poll. I was disheartened by some of the decisions taken last year, and the implications of them for my playstyle and 'access' to the whole game, and the sudden changing of mechanics was beginning to get wearing - sure, I know, 'in beta' still, but when fundamental things like how you moved about got changed without warning, systems seemed to be gradually becoming more complex without feeling any better to play or having much advance notice, and often no subsequent explanation for the changes... it wears down the enthusiasm.

I intended to take a couple of weeks break - but found that I actually didn't want to play SotA again when I sat at the PC, other things were more appealing. That's not really changed in the last 6 months. I still follow the forums, like the community, watch as much of the telethons as I can stay awake for (they run from 6pm to 6am my time, so it can be difficult!) and occasionally buy things in the store that appeal to me (then log in to collect them, but don't feel any real desire to play, even then) , and want it to be the game I'd hoped it would be, but that spark to make me want to spend a lot of time in the game is just not there any more. Maybe, hopefully, it'll come back.

Dantuin, Budner, zyxe and 1 other person like this.
  4. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I mainly just don't like the crafting system. I find it really boring and time consuming. Even Ultima 7 had a better crafting experience. When I get bored doing PVE stuff, I turn to crafting and get even more bored and fustrated. Huge time and gold sink for little reward.

Snikorts, Aklys, Kaisa and 2 others like this.
  5. 3devious

3devious Avatar

It's always the time to work on performance. Always. But then again I am ready to bin my new Surface Pro. It's not SotA ready but for the money it should be a lot better.

If I'm not able to get at least 60fps on the husband's computer, you are dead to me @Atos Rivenwood lol

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

I selected other.

Other, because the game is not released yet. It's still in a development stage and the single-player/story based content is not done. I don't play pre-release games. I don't pre-order games. The only exception here is because of the names associated with Ultima. Once the game is properly released, then I'll start playing. However given that the multiplayer aspects have had such a massive head start, I probably won't delve into that, if ever, because I anticipate too much of a catch up or too much conflict with my sense of immersion.

7. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

It started when the PvP flag XP boost had the 'side effect' of making it virtually impossible to play as a PvE only healer in practice - got fed up joining groups for PvE content in PvE areas and finding out I could only heal half the members (or less). I was waiting to see if that was going to get better logging in from time to time to kill some bandits for halberds to cover taxes - logged in to find that had been nerfed - haven't logged in since. Kind of lost motivation to carry on doing so now.

FrostII and Cordelayne like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

OK, I'm curious, how did the 10% XP boost for being flagged PvP have anything to do with healing?

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

ahhh well here's to the best is yet to come. Try Boreas Colossus. omg it is amazing.

Cordelayne likes this.
  10. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

This is a thread where I would like to see some veteran players like @Themo Lock posting about why they stopped playing months ago. Well, Themo has some other reasons too (if I'm not wrong he had some issues connecting to sota from AU).

There are more but I cannot type the names of all of them.

Mykll and Sir_Michael like this.
  11. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

As a healer you can only heal PvP flagged people if you flag yourself. With a lot of people flagging to do PvE as a healer you could either flag yourself or go do something else. I went off to play other games that don't force me to flag for PvP to carry out my preferred group PvE role.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Ah, ok. If people want to be healed then they can unflag just for your outing and then flag again after. I don't expect that rule to ever change as it would open the door for all manner of exploiting.

13. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Yeah I understand, and whatever people say on the forums etc that's what doesn't actually happen in practice a lot of the time in game. (Nor do I particularly want to force people to take a PvE XP hit just so I can join the group and heal them). Hence I'm unlikely to start playing again unless they remove the PvE XP bonus for PvP flagging. Shame really as otherwise it was fun.

Mykll likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.