With all the cool things don't forget

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by majoria70, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The new scenes we are getting are so amazing. In lieu of all of this I just want to say, while I really like the clockwork stuff a lot, I'm still a huge fan of medieval and dragons that breath fire and ice, and daemons, and medieval
    creatures to terrorize us.

Already we are going to be such a mix of a game with asian/shogun theme, medieval theme, viking, kobold, obsidian and while this caters to many tastes and is I'm sure story related don't forget the dragons that come in different sizes and types and don't forget the quests that bring us to these marvelous locations over and over again.

So what is still missing for all of you
    , and please this is not a combat thread or a pvp/pve thread or balancing thread, but a what's still missing .
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I would like to have Werewolf and Vampire encounters at night.

majoria70 likes this.
  3. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Please make some of those dragons intelligent (i.e., able to converse with players and send them on dangerous quests for which they will be either be a) rewarded with a powerful item or artifact from its treasure hoard :rolleyes: or b) slain by the duplicitous dragon :eek:) Heck, a really nice, ancient dragon might even teach the player a powerful and unique spell not available anywhere else as a reward... ;)

4. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Creepy scary forest sounds in the night

majoria70 likes this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh I would love that too. I am a vampire fan ;). They could have followed us from earth ;)

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I would love to hear some creepy forest sounds in different locations and creatures that jump out at you, well occasionally ;) Atmosphere is an important part of a game. ;)

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I thought we would see more focus on dragons than we have had. A clockwork variety is well and good but we waited so long for dragons and then they didn't get expanded upon except for the clockwork variety so far.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ive posted a few times a list of ~50ish D&D creatures that I would love to have in the game. Its so buried now that I probably cant find it. Not sure anyone even read it since I had "Lord Voldemort" listed and no one said anything.

But there is no doubt we not only need a ton more variety like say female mobs... but for example mage mobs that do more then cast fireballs (which they all seem to do).

9. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I definitely feel like the amount of different styles and designs makes the game feel a bit disjointed and piecemeal. Like Majoria said, I'm sure that it fits the lore and story, but it definitely gives an overall impression of a lack of cohesive design. Medieval, feudal japan, vikings, etc, etc, AND clockpunk... feels a bit much. Especially considering the fact that the world itself doesn't feel nearly large enough to justify such a wide variety of civilizations.

10. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Well, I'm doubling down on this comment at this point, because... SotA now has guns.

:(

11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I cant agree with that. To me it feels like regions are more dynamic.

Now, allowing various houses of different themes in various areas does.

12. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

That's fair enough. In my opinion, however, the world is much too small to support so many conflicting styles. It feels forced.

Lord Baldrith and majoria70 like this.
  13. redfish

redfish Avatar

Well and then you have 18th-centuryish (some of the furniture, pirates) and Victorian (gothic mansion) stuff in, too. Err... and then you have bone armor.

We knew some of this would be in from the start, although some of the new updates have shifted from a lighter hand to a heavier hand (Asian-ish to definitely Asian). Still, even with all the variety of styles, I still have to say the stuff that makes it feel most disjointed is not any of the regional styles but modern Earther stuff like snowman and pumpkin decos.

Lord Baldrith and Bubonic like this.
  14. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

... I don't disagree with the earth stuff, its all so over the top that I just wasn't even going there ;)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.