"Your post has been deleted"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Korim Rackham, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Just curious does this mean it was found inappropiate? 1st time i have ever had a post deleted, and as far as i know i havent really posted anything too offensive. Interesting.

2. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Why don't you post it again and I will let you know if it was too offensive. J/K... probably some rule violation.

3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Don't worry about it too much, just move on to next thing. I got those messages from time to time, sometimes I didn't even know which one they deleted especially on some big threads.

4. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

ahh ok, well it wasnt my intention to violate any rules... funny thing is thats the first time in 20+ years of playing MMOS, ive had a forum post deleted. haha

iansmellios likes this.
  5. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Could be a deleted thread. For example I recently had 4 different WTS threads going and combined them into a single thread, and deleted the older threads to avoid market confusion and forum clutter.

6. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, generally it is an offensive comment. The notice should have informed you of the reason, our apologies if it wasn't clear. I'm happy to discuss it further via PM.

Mykll, Numa, SmokerKGB and 1 other person like this.
  7. iansmellios

iansmellios Avatar

I was posting to a thread earlier and when I hit post that persons post was gone already haha

Could have been yours haha.

Censorship ya know how it goes...it's for our own good...

Korim Rackham likes this.
  8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

'Censorship' is an abused and usually misused word around here. Although they tend to be a little strict around here lately. There's always a reason.. either a rule violation or just keeping the forum neat and tidy. Despite all claims of censoring I've never found that to be the case.. or I would've been banned for disagreeing with the devs multiple times by now. :)

9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Exactly.
    If it wasnt a personal attack at someone thats actually mean, could have been someone posting same thread 5x n they just closed it or something.

iansmellios likes this.
  10. iansmellios

iansmellios Avatar

Hehe I was pokin' fun..forum moderation is no easy task

11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

If you get deleted with no reason given it is more likely that you quoted something that got moderated than that you were the offender.

x_Selene_x and margaritte like this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Or the thread was deleted which Weins did a couple of times recently. It's not necessarily anything to worry about. I have just seen the op post debating the issues. :)

13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

If an op poster deletes his own thread that you have responded to then you get no notification.
    At least I've never seen any the way that you see moderators doing a 'delete'.

x_Selene_x likes this.
  14. Gix

Gix Avatar

I wouldn't say it's "censorship" as much as it is "favoritism" and I've come to the understanding that they pretty much do it on a whim.

I've had posts deleted while more vile posts remains.

I've had posts deleted because it was deemed "nonsensical" by the moderator.

I've also noticed that they don't moderate posts/threads that encourage hate towards other communities but, if you ever accuse those people for brewing hatred, you're "attacking" the community and they will silence you.

Talking to a moderator in private does nothing as they will request specific examples... examples, which, you can't show since the post in question was deleted in the first place.

If they're going to be strict, fine, but be equally strict to everyone. "There's always a reason", sure, but that's like all things in life. This post will most likely be deleted because it's a violation of the forum rules; but I figured I might get my voice heard one last time before my 15-mins spent gets vaporized into oblivion.

15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Aye, get used to it. I have had several posts deleted that I scratched my head at to.

They really gray the line between responding negatively in an argument you are having with someone directly and actually attacking the person. I've had comments deleted where I really hammer the persons point harshly (but do not in any away attack the person personally) and they delete it. This is not any harsher then I do in my position as a Director at work in a pretty politically correct environment. In my opinion, they go to far some times.

I also agree with Gix, I see a *lot* of favoritism in the way this is done at times.

the best example I can give is that someone here posted a video of a SOTA reviewer that I thought was absolutely terrible. The guy had only played the game a few hours, maybe made it up to adv lvl 10. The guy probably barely made it out of one 1 skull area... didn't see 99% of the game and yet hammered the game. I could elaborate another 50 issues with the review here. I hammered the review and only the review and they were deleting my posts.

16. Berek

There is 0 favoritism, let me be very clear there. It may feel that way when you post something that's been moderated, or you feel that someone else should have been moderated, but wasn't. It isn't a black/white on/off system. We take each case individually and as seriously as the last.

Use the Report button if you feel something should be moderated, it's a great resource and very helpful to keep us informed!

17. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

With all due respect.. that's a load of ____. If it were even remotely true I wouldn't have had one of my posts deleted a few days ago.

In fact, most people who find themselves at the negative end of favoritism.. as I have observed over the past few years.. just don't seem to get it when they're out of line..

I'm not saying mods are perfect.. but a lot of people just refuse to accept that they did anything worthy of moderation.. and yes I have had 2 warnings before and messages deleted when they could've been moved (when others had been moved) over what I consider very minor infractions.. so I've done my fair share of head scratching. but even so I find accusations of censorship and favoritism to be absurd.

So another way to look at it is you were hammering a guy who was providing honest feedback that happened to be negative. Depending upon HOW you did it I can see that getting moderated.

You know every once and awhile there's always someone moaning and groaning about moderators.. and there always will be so long as there are moderators. And for everyone who complains it's always the moderators fault.. always.. it's never theirs.. even the worst (and for most.. obvious) offenders who just don't get it.. it's the moderator not them.

It's a thankless job and it really shouldn't be. So I tend to take accusations with several grains of salt.

18. Gix

Gix Avatar

Censoring yourself is a violation of the forum rules. I've had one or two posts deleted because of that.

Lets see how long your post stays up; if it DOES stay up... then I hope I would have proven my point. The ENTIRE post, that is. Because, yes, I've had ENTIRE posts deleted with the claim of foul language (when I myself censored my own post as you just did) even though they could've easily deleted a single sentence... or word... or, you know, ask me to edit it.

If your post stays up (without any modifications), what is then the reasoning behind it?

With my experience with THESE forums, the "how" doesn't change anything.

The issue is when you frequent countless forums and only have issues with how a single one is being moderated. This is the only place that have completely discouraged me from coming to the forums and participating (I made an exception in this particular thread due to the issue being discussed). I only blame the moderators in how they handle the situation.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  19. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Moderators are biased in this forum imho... Moderation has spawned at least 2 places where people freely trashtalk the game, devs and community constantly... I guess those ppl aren't even playing anymore, but the way they've been dealt with here kinda generated more hate and still motivates them to trash the game...

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  20. Berek

If there are ever concerns with the team, moderators or developers, please bring it to me via PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.