Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

/zone command

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Musaab Osman, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Musaab Osman

Musaab Osman Avatar

Will the /zone command be removed eventually? Doesn't seem right to have it.

2. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Because ....... we would be able to easily join our friends and guildmates in game, and easily attend events? Horrors.

Tahru, Noctiflora and Lord Baldrith like this.
  3. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Hopefully replaced with mark/recall if it is removed.

Tahru, Heradite, Bow Vale and 5 others like this.
  4. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

It will be removed before release. I mentioned that they will remove it "soon", whatever they mean by that is another thing.

Tahru and Filthy Peasant like this.
  5. Musaab Osman

Musaab Osman Avatar

We should have full debug access as well.

Tahru likes this.
  6. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

That would be nice, I'm thinking of all the time it will take just to visit your favorite vendor's where people sell their goods at their homes.

Tahru, Lord Baldrith and Noctiflora like this.
  7. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Current thinking is that they will not... but that could change.

Tahru likes this.
  8. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Agreed. If the world was going to stay the size it is now, I could see how some people would think it isn't needed and the furthest they have to walk right now is from Braemar to Owl's Head. But the world as we know it right now is nothing more than a tiny island, tucked in a corner of the Ep 1 map. That's not even considering Eps 2-5 with it getting even bigger. Without some kind of fast travel, like the /zone and recall, it's going to be very unpleasant. And when someone is not having fun, they usually just don't play unless they're masochists.

I'm thinking that many of these people who keep saying recall (or any fast travel) would be bad, will be radically changing their tunes, when they find themselves spending half their play time just trying to get anywhere or do anything. lol.

Tahru, Heradite, Ice Queen and 2 others like this.
  9. smack

smack Avatar

It's been stated many times, even recently in a Hangout, that the map has regions that are gated by Control Points or other undisclosed means. This is why there are so few lunar rifts and even those are going to be strategically placed so that you will have to pass through gated scenes to go from major region to major region.

Having said that, they might offer some sort of mark/recall in the future, but it's going to come at some cost. Much like we have /home -- or had, as it's now a function of the Lot Deeds dialog (Zone to Lot button), that may also stay at launch but will come at some cost. We will pay for convenience in this game, but at least the option will be there. Just don't expect it to be free, or even cheap for certain methods of travel.

The ability to zip around the map like we do now will not stay. Much like our ability to carry infinite gear has been removed once they implemented encumbrance and limited inventory/bank slots, the same will happen with fast travel and other systems we enjoy for free or without penalty now. Like PvP combat and no looting yet, or death and not much penalty, etc. Or even travel through swamps unhindered by poison, etc.

The game is tremendously easy right now. Enjoy it while it lasts. :)

Tahru, Duke Raas and Filthy Peasant like this.
  10. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

hmmmm. I can't recall anywhere saying that it should be without cost, just that it should be there. Don't think I've seen anyone else saying that either. *shrugs* I have no problem with there being a cost.

As for those control points, it was also said there will be ways to bypass them. Else I wouldn't even be here. I have no desire to ever deal with, or be hindered by, control points. Just as I detest random encounters on the map. I know some find these to be great "features." To each his/her own. I find them to be unpleasant and un-fun.

Tahru, Ice Queen and Lord Baldrith like this.
  11. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

They have to be removed since they basically make travelling any where pointless at the moment.

I know they are great to make things easy, but it totally negates moon gates/travel/adventure.

I'm hoping these are gone, not so much in testing builds but when the game goes live. The ability to abuse these commands is huge, gather lots, /zone sell....rinse repeat.

12. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Agreed, slippery slope of hand-holding will erode the whole framework.

Tahru and Musaab Osman like this.
  13. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I hate /zone and all the / commands. Can't wait to see them to *poof*.

14. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

If all they keep in is the option to zone home, I will be happy.

I would still trek across the world, logging out/in each day as I travel, just to get to see the world. But after a few days of traveling that way, I might well wish to return home without trekking over all the territory I've covered. And I am well aware that I am in the tiny minority as far as this goes. But I have some friends who have said that they would quit the game if they take out all methods of transport.

Further, because of how the scenes/instances work, they almost have to keep in something so you can join up with party members - or else you end up in different instances, no?

Manerd, Tahru and Budner like this.
  15. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, there may be paths within a control point to avoid the heat of battle, but I wouldn't expect it to be a leisurely stroll. They need to resolve the CP design for SPO and offline too.

And I agree, random encounters are currently unpleasant and un-fun because there is barely any logic or more critically, no content for them. I expect them to remain as a core mechanic for travel but will be made relevant and rewarding in future iterations. Your fun meter may still vary.

16. redfish

redfish Avatar

It would remind me of U5 actually... where most of my time was spent travelling, and it was quite fun :>

Though like I said I don't disagree that in principle some instances there could be recall, just that there should be limits and a cost.

17. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Methods of transport in game are fine....typed in commands are not.

18. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Support you Stretch Goals!

Horse Mounts:
    Prior to meeting this stretch goal, these horses will act a non-combat pets. If this stretch goal is met, players will be able to ride non-combat horse mounts in game!!

19. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Good, let's use that as the standard. If you take away my /home and my /zone, then please give me a Star Trek transporter or at least a private jet.

20. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Nice exageration.

Obviously it won't totaly benefit you if they take it away, would even make it challenging to plan ahead.

Filthy Peasant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.