1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

New Pledge Rewards, New Pledge Tiers, Player Owned Towns & Stretch Goal Store Megapost

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

The horsie has found the stable :) Now, when will the other stretch packages be available?

Kaisa and rild like this.
  2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Haha - image coming soon is available for purchase!!

@Portalarium staff - Lord Marshall is showing 2-story Basement. Should be 5 :)

This is new!

Pledges annotated with (white F) are Royal Founder pledges and with (Yellow F) Founder pledges.
    Pledges with annotations in red are part of payment plans, listed below.

Jatvardur and * Envy / Midian * like this.
  3. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

From the airport 30 minutes from boarding... this is worth giving a thank you...
    "Pledges annotated with F are Royal Founder pledges and with F Founder pledges."

I just noticed the upgrade to pledge information in our account pages. Excellent!

Mishri likes this.
  4. Cabrens

Cabrens Avatar

Actually, the bigger the lot, the fewer placement choice, since there are fewer lots, and some bigger lots are unavailable in some villages.

Since placing first and lot selection seems so important for many players, i think Knight is preferable to Knight Marshal, Knight getting priority over village lots while Knight Marshalls get the crumbs of what will be left of town lots.

5. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

You can use your deed to take a smaller lot. So a Castle can take a keep or city or town or village... possibly a row lot as well I suppose.

Since Knight Marshals and Knights place at the same time, the advantage of going with Knight Marshal is you are guaranteed to be in the first tier of placement for your era. (See the lot selection post for more info on that).

herradam likes this.
  6. Cabrens

Cabrens Avatar

So you get to place like Knights if you take a village lot (no lot upgrade) or place what s left of the town lots....nothing that would motivate an upgrade if placement is a concern. Remember that 400 USD could actually double the cost of what a knight actually paid if he sponsored his way to this tier.

Eriador likes this.
  7. Maeryck

Maeryck Avatar

I've been going over the new pledges on the main page, and I've noticed that the Royal Artisan has the "exclusive title" reward double-posted.
    I also still see a lot of "Image coming soon" in all pledges. Why not replace this with concept art or even a quick pencil drawing?

Also from the kickstarter page:
    So when we take the numbers in the OP, Lord British will have 2128 maps to sign.
    Why yes, I AM looking forward to that time-lapse video \:D/

Khloec likes this.
  8. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

It wouldn't double the cost, it would be 1.5x the cost. or half again. For some, house placement is the most important thing. Now you are argueing the opposite point of your first post. First you were saying the loss of priority with a knight marshal pledge made it worse. Now with the idea that knight marshal could take a top village lot that doesn't work either. Some Lords were thinking if they can't get good spots for their town home they'd go to a village. that is double the cost of the knight pledge and some were (might still be) willing to do it.

If where you live is very important, Knight marshall is a good tier for the village spots. If where you live doesn't matter that much, Knight Marshal is a good tier for the town spots.

Prime real-estate locations in games are very valuable, people have spent thousands on locations.

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Or buy a town. :)

Mishri likes this.
  10. Cabrens

Cabrens Avatar

I wonder sometimes if my english babbling is too difficult to understand or if an opiniated poster actually fails to read what s written : by "what a knight actually paid" i mean that if he got sponsored several times, he could have lowered his cost from 705 (750-25-20) to something between 300 and 400 USD. You know that fairly well since you were a serial sponsor.

I don t see where what was claimed is contradictory, in both cases, his situation is not desirable. If he chooses a town lot, he will get the leftovers, if if chooses the village lot, he will get the same priority as other Knights, that paid UP TO half what he paid.

Is this more clear now or do i need to clarify more? oO oO

Walkerhart likes this.
  11. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

12. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

it's all coming up slow

13. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

I wonder if we will get a clarification on if we will be able to convert/melt our base pledges into credits (without loosing royal/founder/benefactor status on the account).
    At the moment it seems as if we cannot.

If we get that possiblility I know at least some people will be happy.
    That would enable people among other things to:
    *perhaps choose a cheaper pledge level but purchase some new add-ons that are of interest.
    *perhaps move credits from one account into another.

Chances are at least some people would put in some new extra $ at the same time as they convert, and being happy the entire time.
    (If one has already begun collecting/using some perks, like maybe some Dukes and Lotms have, then one should not be able to downgrade in my view)

14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Me too. :)

15. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

And it's June. :p I get the distinct impression that this whole plan of having Richard sign everything was Starr's idea. ;)

Maeryck likes this.
  16. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Woohoo 1 x Player Owned Village - Purchased :D

17. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

This is misleading. Probably a quarter of a percent of the population has more than 10 referrals. Yeah, someone could have gone to Knight, or Lord, or even Duke - but a Duke takes 200 referrals, A Lord 60, a Knight 30. There was only so many referrals given out. Sure, it's possible a Knight got there for $400, but the vast majority got there full price or with a handful of referrals included.

Kaisa likes this.
  18. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I have a question regarding upgrade prices. If a founder knight who has $750 invested (founder price for Knight level) wants to upgrade to Knight Marshall will it cost them $400 or $450? I mean if they are at Knight level now, the next level is $400 more. However if that person only has $750 invested to attain founder Knight, would they only need $1150 total to attain the Knight Marshall level? Additionally, using the 10% RG birthday bonus, would they only need to invest $360 to become a Knight Marshall? Has anyone upgraded and found the price to go to Knight Marshall quoted at $360, or is it $400?

19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

That was always going to be the case. To be honest I still think 32,000 is an impressive number based upon people willing to part with money before getting the game.

rild, Soleidad, Lord Andernut and 4 others like this.
  20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

$450

I just paid it. There's been quite a bit of conversation around this subject throughout this thread, and the Dev+ thread that preceded it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.