1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 23 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

This means there's a window of opportunity for large group of people (think 4B+PPhoenix cluster+Paxlair cluster+friends) to form 8-ppl raiding parties early on, maraude shardfalls and corner the market.

*WINK WINK*

Sindariya, royalsexy and Dinsoo [MGT] like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

You have to pay a trainer to get new skills.

It's a heal of opportunity. They're not going to risk anything. They're going to stand around and wait until the odds are in their favor. It's the same impact as a blue healer.

I think at a minimum, a player flagged for PVP has to stay flagged for PVP for a reasonable amount of in-game time. None of this, turn off your computer or log out and play another account while your character avoids real pvp risk.

3. Drocis the Devious

If you can get obsidian chips outside of a shardfall, and you can, then you have no complaint about chaos magic requiring them.

blaquerogue likes this.
  4. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

okay I will organise a big run with low level chars so I can start with chaos magic from the beginning and have not to learn something else first to be able to learn chaos.

Elfenwahn and Katrina Bekers like this.
  5. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

If the only outside option would be mini bosses like Phoenix I will complain.

Womby and Ice Queen like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@Devs One thing I am not seeing is 'work orders' where we can hire others to get resources for us or perhaps hire others to make things for us. I would love to see town centers have a bulletin board like system to hire, post help wanted, or even wanted posters. I think it would add so much to the game. Please Please.

7. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

That's how I like my favorite german guild leader! ;) Eight low level chars can take on golems and eaters. Damage saturation does wonders. :cool:

Numa, Ice Queen and Sindariya like this.
  8. Drocis the Devious

I have no problem with players going into a Shardfall if the risk and reward is balanced. But what I'm reading is that it's not balanced. You have a choice, you can go into the pvp version of the scene which is SUPER RISKY or you can cut out that risk and get the same rewards. I don't care if people want to go look around in a shardfall, but they shouldn't get the high drops, and honestly because people are going to abuse the heck out of non-pvp areas they shouldn't get any drops of rare resources in those scenes because it's just going to be a riskless proposition.

4EverLost and Abydos like this.
  9. Drocis the Devious

I'm not trying to ruin your game, I just want the risk and reward to be balanced. PVP is more risk, that's just a fact. So how is that being balanced? That's my question to the devs.

Majesticon and Abydos like this.
  10. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We agree that these would be awesome

Numa, Logain, Sara Dreygon and 10 others like this.
  11. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

They already said there would not be any of the high drops in the SPO version of Shardfalls. So you can get your obsidian chips there, but at the standard rate, not accelerated like in the PVP version. No rare resource nodes that give multiples, or rare spawn mobs that give additional drops.

I believe Chris also said there would not be any exclusive resources in Shardfalls/PVP zones, only faster/more of the very rare resources. You can get them elsewhere, but very slowly.

Heradite, Numa, 4EverLost and 2 others like this.
  12. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I pushed to get all numbers out but having numbers pisses off half the crowd, not having number pisses off the other half of the crowd. So we caved to both and made it optional.

On the obsidian chips, they should also be on liches, elf mages, and a few other things. If not in for release morning, it will make the first patch.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Heradite, Elwyn, Womby and 14 others like this.
  13. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

A total fair question. Was also my first question regarding chaos magic. If it makes so much more damage that it is worth the hard costs. But chaos magic itself is already a hard balance between damage and backfire, now we have this reagent, which is really hard to get and I just saw on QA how hard the punishment in fizzle chance(70% and more) and focus cost is, if you don't have it. You can't use chaos spells without it.

Ice Queen likes this.
  14. Drocis the Devious

Is that still true? That's not been mentioned here in this thread, has it?

15. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

That is a good message. Now I can go to bed.

16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Do they have to mention it with every release thread? Did they ever say it's changed?

17. Drocis the Devious

It's an iterative process. Everything is subject to change. I don't assume much anymore.

Logain likes this.
  18. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Its all theoretical as "part of the plan" at this point. There are no extra resources (except, apparently, Obsidian chips) in the Shardfalls yet!

19. Drocis the Devious

Chris said this:
    I don't assume that means that single player mode has a different drop rate. I assume the drop rate is the same and that PVP is not being considered as additional risk.

I think they are trying to say that the "shardfall" is the same amount of risk if you are in single player mode or multiplayer mode - and I think that's wrong.

I also think that the single player mode (even if the drop rate is much smaller) will always be the preferred method because it reduces the most risk. I think this KILLS solo pvp players and almost forces them to enter single player mode - which is wrong.

Abydos likes this.
  20. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Except it has been explicitly stated previously that the drop rate for PvP zones is different in SPO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.