Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PVP death looted armor in storage!

Discussion in 'Release 33 Bug Forum' started by Briar Vesper, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briar Vesper

Briar Vesper Avatar

I equipped just my underwear, artisan tools,and pledge reward robe. I simply wanted to harvest trees. Well I soon became cannon fodder for the griefers and after 10 deaths I said ok. Time to leave. Well I looked at my price of the Oracle and my last item had my hand plus one item. My bronze leggings +1 I specifically removed were in the window for buyback 879g!
    Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a bug ensuring they get a random item you own from anywhere??

Acred likes this.
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I'm not sure this is a bug... It may be that should you choose to become a "Naked Miner" in a PvP zone, attempting to subvert the system to minimize your losses by carrying nothing that might be ransomed, then dipping into your bank to find something of worth might actually be a feature. A feature I would support.

I also have no problem with those in the PvP zone killing you repeatedly... You're attempting to game the system and I wouldn't count this as griefing, but proper punishment for poor behavior.

And I say this as one of the largest, most public and vocal Care Bears in the game.

Addendum: Additionally, I hope those resources you attempted to collect were also lootable and looted. Improper behavior should not be rewarded.

(I wonder if that thump, thump, thumping sound I hear in the distance might be the jaws of the PvP+ community hitting the floor as they read this)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  3. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

I don't think farming risk-free in the PvP zones was ever intended. And I don't think killing people in the few designated PvP zones qualifies as griefing. The zones are resource-rich specifically because there is a risk involved.

Flesh2, TranZdog, EtherBunny and 7 others like this.
  4. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

I would say that entering a PVP zone and getting killed isn't being griefed at all. That's a condition of entry that everyone agrees to before entering those areas ;)

Personally I don't like dying at all but I take my deaths with a laugh because it's only a game. I can always recover, learn and become stronger.

Flesh2, Acred, Halvard and 1 other person like this.
  5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Are you positive it was in your bank, not in your inventory somewhere? If it was in your inventory that is fair game for the ransom system. IF it pulled from the bank, that is a bug, and you need to report it.

Flesh2, KuBaTRiZeS, Acred and 9 others like this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Do you have a screen shot do did oyu report it as a bug if not then do so if no data this is just hearsay do it again I have tested it and has not yet happened to me.

Acred likes this.
  7. Toff

Toff Avatar

I would also agree that getting ganked in a PvP zone even over and over is just par for that course, however I don't believe the OP was subverting the system by doing this without gear on to loose. If a man wants to walk out into the woods naked to chop down trees that his business.

Acred, Ice Queen, GraveDncer and 4 others like this.
  8. Toff

Toff Avatar

I would like to know if loosing his gear from the bank was a bug or a misunderstanding by the OP. Who knows someday I might give up on naked farming and try Naked lumber jacking.

Acred likes this.
  9. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Plus, dem PKs is starvin' for some lamb! *chomp*

Acred likes this.
  10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

But he wasn't naked... He had a non-lootable axe, and was wearing non-lootable clothes.

In my biased and immoderate opinion he was clearly gaming the system, risking nothing for gain.

11. redfish

redfish Avatar

Sorry, but if a feature, I think its a bad idea. While it might make some hardcores happy, it would just lead less people going into PvP zones. And really, we need a better death penalty even for PvE, where there is no loot at risk, so that if you're out even doing PvE you don't want to die, and are risking dying just by going out naked or fighting with poor gear. The same penalty and risk of death from PvE would carry over to PvP.

But there's nothing the devs have said that would lead me to think that this is something other than a bug. I guess we won't know unless its reproducible or the devs can confirm.

12. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

It seems like since you are able to wear unlootable clothes to enter the zone, he was only playing the game as it was designed.

Acred and StevieD like this.
  13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

This is the same argument the Thief in Richard's story presented. I don't think the OP was acting any more properly than the thief.

Briar Vesper, DancingShade and Acred like this.
  14. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

A long ago megapost by Starr

• Loot & Ransoms: Our initial plan is when killed by another PVP player, a random item(s) is selected from the player’s inventory (50% equipped / 50% from inventory). The dead player is given a “Player X will take Y unless you pay a ransom of Z” where Z is based on the dead player’s level and the value of the item. You get the option to let them have the item, or pay the ransom. The ransom can be paid from bank funds (and possibly Guild funds). The default for this can be set to “Yes” if a player chooses. We also think that this exchange would have a 1 hour timer till it is final, so the dead player has time to assemble funds. For group PVP, this would use the same sorting algorithms as party loot. We want to explore various options that include providing the killer a list of items to choose vs. selecting only one and/or varying the number of items based on circumstance (i.e. Blessed PVP players might be able to loot more from each other). We will have to put in checks to keep people from gaming this system by loading their inventory with worthless items or running around naked except for reagents. One possible check could be that if there is no loot of X value the loser automatically has to pay ransom.

15. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I always assumed the thief was using Speed hacks.

"As we left town, suddenly *ZIP* a thief flew across the screen at speeds I could hardly understand"

Acred likes this.
  16. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I just want bones to grind under my mortar and pestle muhahah

Acred likes this.
  17. redfish

redfish Avatar

Acred and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  18. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Why would you strip down naked to go into a PVP zone? Sounds like what the other guys that are ganking are doing... you know the guys that kit out in pledge armor and pledge weapons so they don't have to worry about losing anything when they PVP. You're a credit to your kind... keep fighting the good fight, warrior.

Acred and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  19. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

this is exactly why I proposed that pledge armor and store bought items should have a "social" tag and not be able to be worn in PvP areas. If one enters a pvp area wearing pledge or add on store items then they drop into the backpack. Seems fair and gives pvp balance. No one wants to fight a person with unlootable gear.

Tracker, Acred and Duke Avery like this.
  20. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Ravicus Domdred, I just think its an unimportant problem to solve.

Right now in PvE, someone can die repeatedly and not worry much about it and keep on grinding. So even if I go out PvE naked with pledge gear and fight mobs, there's little risk. That's the problem to solve.

You're always going to be able to loot the resources the guy went in to the PvP zone to collect, anyway.

KuBaTRiZeS, Acred and Ravicus Domdred like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.