Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Combat Focus regen rate is way too low :D

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by GrayFog, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EclipseMaiden

EclipseMaiden Avatar

I really really try not to complain but I have to agree the focus drop was WAY to extreme...I can't even heal a party properly anymore without losing all my focus and regen takes...forever! Please fix Port! xoxo

helomech, FrostII, Gamician and 8 others like this.
  2. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Bad... game decision that went way to far. I could see a 1/3 drop on regen from non-combat to combat. But 1/5? It take 5 seconds to get back ebough mana to cast a 5stach of healing touch.

Out of combat 8 per tick
    In combat 1/5 = 1.5 something a tick

Food buff 2.5 focus a tick out of combat
    In combat 1/5 = +.6 a tick

Aesthetic feedback
    Out of combat +20 mana regen
    In combat 1/5 = 4 mana regen.

Although I agree that the last two days were rediculous the other way, I had to actually try to run out of mana. This is way to much and a middle ground hopefully will be found.

helomech, FrostII, Gamician and 2 others like this.
  3. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

What size group and HP, and dmg were they taking, maybe you need 2 healers now? I don't know... I haven't done any group combat with more than 2.

4. EclipseMaiden

EclipseMaiden Avatar

a full party doing boss fights or even a two man team in deep ravens. The focus cut was wayyy to extreme

helomech, Gamician, Dariog and 5 others like this.
  5. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

So one full time healer for a party of 8? Maybe they need to exempt Healing, or somehow single it out from the crowd, like they did with making it no fizzle. but something for focus. Because single combat feels just about right with the focus current regen, to me.

Numa likes this.
  6. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

Maybe you need 3 healers, however - should you really need 3? maybe on the 28k hitpoint dragon but not in a normal group killing non-boss packs of mobs

helomech, nytus and EclipseMaiden like this.
  7. EclipseMaiden

EclipseMaiden Avatar

And I am a full time healer with all the spells gm'd too.

FrostII, Dariog, nytus and 1 other person like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I held my tongue until I got home had had a chance to try this out. Now that I have, I have to say that it's really hard to swallow, especially considering the recent fizzle nerf.

@DarkStarr
    If you guys are going to stick with this nerf then can you please consider the following:
    • Since you've lowered the base focus regeneration to point of pain, can you please boost the combat focus regeneration buff for food?
    • When we're not in combat mode (where we'll be spending a lot of our time recovering now) and we get attacked and then automatically put into combat mode, can you please make it so that we also automatically draw our weapons so we're not just standing there like morons?
    Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Rennik, Kara Brae, FrostII and 7 others like this.
  9. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

right but she said they had 1 healer, healing 7 on bosses... seems ... OP? Not sure, again, no experience with it myself, but you would think bosses might need 2 healers at least...

10. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

I don't consider anything currently in-game an actual boss mob, more like minibosses as they don't tend to have any strategy to kill other than zerg and dodge a few small attacks such as stomp.

GrayFog likes this.
  11. mercster

mercster Avatar

Game's not done, come back at release if you want fewer changes.

Retro and EDDYCORP like this.
  12. Numa

Numa Avatar

I think you hit the issue right on the head. Port probably tested the new values on single avatars - not in group play.

No problems yet in my solo adventures but I don't stack spells or heals and always have a weapon handy (primarily mage & staff config).

13. EclipseMaiden

EclipseMaiden Avatar

If it is a HUGE boss aka the big dragon or the demon then yes we take two full time healers for the party but what im saying is when we go against a phoenix or a troll and i cant even get through half the boss without completly being OOM *out of mana* then i have to get out of combact and throw non combat heals until someone gets low and i go back in combact to throw 2 heals OOM again... and keep going until party dies or I have a heart attack!

FrostII, Dariog, Lord Ravnos and 6 others like this.
  14. mikedeathdealer

mikedeathdealer Avatar

TBH i thought it was a step in a good direction with the new combat regen... No ones likes a lot of down time and wants to continue fighting.. Having to stop for a minute or what not gets to be a real drag and gets boring.... 1 step forward 2 steps back.. Ahem..

discipleofweb and GrayFog like this.
  15. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Hoping this thread gets read. I will not be playing much with this fizzle/focus nerf at this level. Even with food, my frequent out of combat rests seem to take much longer to recover. Is it the intent that we sheath our weapons after every skirmish?

helomech, FrostII, Gamician and 2 others like this.
  16. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

100% agree. Fizzle and regen this release took a lot out of this game. It's just not as fun and I find myself just walking away more.

And as someone that stacks 5 glyphs continuously with mindlock, getting out of combat is a big pain because then I have to stack and lock everything again.

Please fix this sooner this sooner rather than later.

helomech, FrostII, Gamician and 3 others like this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm sorry for you. It is going to do this. The game is being developed. Don't take it so seriously. I've been riding the roller coaster over 3 years. I do have a chilled personality though with a lot of patience. Just step back when you need. Your feedback is important I know, just be ok. :) If I can help anytime let me know. I'm Majoria in game.

18. Contessa

Contessa Avatar

So my gripe is that EVERYTHING agros on archers. I can be picking cotton with my bow put away and my party mates will shoot something, and I kid you not, it turns around and runs at me! I have to kite just about EVERYTHING. And if mages are hitting me, I can't get off regular shots. I have to use the magic shot cards. So now I have everything after me, disappearing focus, and can barely even defend myself. Maybe before it regenerated too quickly, but now it doesn't seem to regenerate AT ALL. :(

helomech, Rennik, Chatele and 5 others like this.
  19. Muldieb

Muldieb Avatar

Did spell costs just go up or something? WOW, do I run out of focus quickly now. AND, BTW.....not all mages should stand in place and just cast like a cannon....BORING!!! I prefer to run around and use other useful utility spells, but now if I dont stay motionless, I am drained of focus in a matter of seconds. It took all of 10 minutes after patching for the majority of the player base to realize this game is now broken. How long do you people test this stuff before patching? Days? You test it for days and your collective minds cant see how jacked up this patch is????

20. mikedeathdealer

mikedeathdealer Avatar

hmm its just 1 dev that tests it for a few mins. Then say's this is ok.. Approval stamp. Input patch. Once again 1 step forward 3 steps back. Think its time we need actual players who play the game to test things before they go live... Clearly the dev's have not played like the most of us and are busy doing other stuff to realize the things they change make us bored and not want to play...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.