You're losing PvP cause..

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Antrax Artek, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Soooooooo, stack crit and movement speed. Play this thing like a FPS knife fight?

PvP can't be that bad...

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

This is a video from last month...
    Skip to 35 seconds...

Any questions? (of course it's that bad)

3. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Does it add the part about how you suck because you need 3 players to kill the dragon and his pet does more dps than your party? If it does, that... might... be a bug. :rolleyes:

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Caree Death like this.
  4. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I am talking about "Figuratively laughing out loud" and it's not a bug,it is a secondary effect of Necklace of civility.

Grave Dragon likes this.
  5. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

What's your in game name? I want to meet you (It's not a threat, just curious about your character)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  6. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

it's a game :p you can't threaten him lol...

Necklace of Civility ? I think I lost that a looong time ago :p

7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

oops sorry, I meant ultima collector :p

8. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Lol someone tries to even threaten in games. Just to be clear hahaha

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  9. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

oh yes thats happened alot... like doxxing... but we're not allowed to talk about that :p an invitation to a duel won't break the necklace of civility :D

10. Gix

Gix Avatar

Funny... there's no mention of the Subterfuge tree in the list given...

... Magic allows you to see in the dark... or are you saying that sacrificing an offhand to wield a torch balances it all out? Magic allows you to heal during combat but I guess you're saying that drinking a potion is good enough.

If every player ultimately has to use a few particular skills in any given build, then you can't claim that "everything's fine and balanced".

It's so easy to just turn that sentence of yours around and say it's BECAUSE of all the other variables that magic is so op... but I'm not here to argue. You're the one who knows best.

Ravicus Domdred and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  11. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Must agree again :p

If we go the skill tree way instead of true classless system, then we should at least give them enough skills so that one can be truely specialized :)

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  12. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Okay, i agree with some stuff you are saying, but i have beaten you a few times In New britannian market ;) i am the reigning Virtue League Champion, thats not me bragging, thats me stating a fact. theres so much more to pvp than just having lots of high skills etc..

King Robert and Antrax Artek like this.
  13. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

You know that bragging is literally stating facts that are favorable to you instead of being humble and using a different argument ? :p

14. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

People know around these parts that I was the best PvPer in UO, thats a fact :p

15. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Let me correct: ranged speller not ranged sorry.

Blind, Fireflies, Night Vision, Light, Tap Soul, confusion, douse, celestial blessing and gust are helps/accessories and can be combined to obtain viable different classes, are simplified with those names and put each in a branch but basically for examples: A thief can use blind like sands in eyes, same skill can be a sun ray in eyes from a sun priest. It's just your imagination. Same for confusion:a warrior can confuse target yelling, the warlock can confuse them cursing but it's the same skill. Maybe names are bad but not effects they're only accessories for different classes.

For my thoughts they must be collected in a new tree called "special abilities" with no attunement releated, but this is another story, i don't want off topic.

PS: Cannot really understand your problem with resists lol, every player must have resists vs many schools as possible, damage resist and avoidance, if not you're dead meat.

Dhanas likes this.
  16. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I think what people often forget is that a person that just knows magic would also have to find ways to defend against melee attacks. That part is relatively balanced.

antrax1990x likes this.
  17. Gix

Gix Avatar

I never claimed that Subterfuge was a must, I pointed out that you excluded it from your list... despite your claim that everything is balanced and that anyone who complains should learn to play. Had you had a build that focused on Subterfuge, your post might've had more weight.

I don't play with Magic. Why do you think I believe magic is so OP in the first place? Non-magic is gimped. Being able to play pure warrior or pure archer doesn't make it balanced.

"Potions are much better than healing skill"? What are you smoking? You know what? Don't bother answering. I've read all that I cared for from you.

18. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Tested many times in pvp and while soloing boss full plate+sword and shield with potions is superior to any other tank/healer with magic skill build your mind can create, i do not need to give you more explanation about this.
    Maybe there are more viable solution in pvp but not better and not skill based like using at the good time differents potions and poisons (you can also confuse without confusion skill with the right poison).
    I'm pretty sure you do not use different types of healing/restoration pots in different slots (non combat bar)...So you can't always have heals available without magics :)
    I will never tire of repeating it: If your brain works, your character will also work

19. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

My point is that your ignoring the fact this player probably has more exp in those magic skills for the attunement, then the person whose attacking them.

So you cant claim they use no magic.. when it plays a massive role in their character, even if the *spell* isnt in their deck to fight you.

Edit.
    Potions are superior to the life tree... in what aspect?
    I know people who can also solo bosses using life magic. Because u can do it with potions.. in what way makes it superior?

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  20. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

except that false beleifs come from personal persons :p lol...

I'll let you hold my hand if you need :)

antrax1990x likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.