1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lord British Birthday Telethon 2017 Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Here are the questions that we did not have time to get to during the LB Birthday Telethon. I tried my best to answer these (with help from the rest of the team) but some we just don't have details yet to provide. I probably won't have time to do any follow ups to these. The community did a great job assisting us this telethon to make sure we didn’t miss a single question. July is a crazy busy month for us with R43 just having gone live, RTX, Comic Con, and the Seed Invest campaign. So please forgive the brevity of some of my answers.

Also please note I deleted a bunch of duplicated questions and also deleted any questions that we answered with the Q3 post or with the release of R43. I also deleted questions that were super open ended, were super vague or were needlessly confrontational.

Brugas: Will there ever be more spell scrolls added to the game with the current spells system and perhaps new & unique magic and/or ancient spells (similar in nature to old UO spells).
    We add new abilities (including new spells) to the game about once per quarter (sometimes more often).

Murphy: Do we have any news on Coat of Arms items ingame?
    We hope to return to work on this in Q4.

Billy Bologna: Will we see barbers in the game allowing us to change our appearance? Or maybe a magic mirror?
    There are several “New You” salons in the game in major cities like Ardoris where you can change anything about your appearance.

Billy Bologna: Great job on the mail system! Will we see a “sent mail” tab in our mailboxes in the future?
    Yes

Animosh: Does Esteben “SorcerousSteve” Zaldiva like Iron Maiden and can he shred it on his guitar?
    SorcerousSteve said that yes he does and yes he can. This is because of Libris Ruins isn’t it?

Infernal: Any plans for vary resource intensive craftables, for example, town and city homes?
    Yes eventually

Datendrache: When am I going to be able to get Berek’s skull??
    Soon!

Leonard Llywelyn: Another on the same line: can overworld map be updated for adding the new assets "like cherry trees" and regional stuff, and more, to make some cities (like Brittany) to better resemble its shape and buildings?
    Yes. We have been continually delaying a seriously needed polish pass on the overworld that includes this amongst a host of other needed changes.

Valor Bastagio: The smoke chimneys on POTS that indicate whether players are in the POT. Currently if they are in friends mode, multiplayer will still have smoke. Do you guys intend to separate the two? It would lessen load times on finding friends, or victims.
    Good suggestion

Lord Andernut: Have they considered very high value items for gold in-game as a goldsink or for people to purchase in-game for people to chase after?
    Yes we need more things in addition to the property lottery.

Nevets: Would you consider having a vendor in single player offline that would by obsidian gold crowns for in game gold? example 1 gold crown = 2000 gold
    Good suggestion

Ravnos FelRidden: What are the planned strategies for ensuring regional based economies flourish? ie. regional resources only available in certain areas, and no where else, etc
    Regionally denser vs scarcer resources and Control Points along with limits to teleporting for constricting travel are the main ones.

Ravnos FelRidden:Has the team ever considered doing a "red" flagging system for PvP (ala UO) to enhance the current system? If so, after episode 1?
    We definitely want to do something like this for Episode 2 but most systems like this are rife with abuse, exploits and edge conditions (as it was in UO) so we want to be careful. This is why you will not see something like this for Episode 1.

Aiyarree: If you can track so much stuff in case my account gets hacked - can you finally undelete my avatar? Because that's it where a lot of time goes into.
    Unfortunately when you delete your avatar you delete it for good so no.

Infineon: Can we make salvage other source for getting minerals, like If you salvage a Iron Sword this will give a few Iron ore?
    We can consider

aesowondah:is it possible, to create a way to have "group duels"? If there were 2 groups of 4 people, for instance, and the leader challenged the other leader to a "group duel" and have all the members become initiated in a duel against each other. It could be quite useful for the future of sandbox PvP. I believe that us players have so many tools already at our disposal to create the greatest sandbox PvP games, however, slight tweaks to certain things could change everything for the better. Such as the Battle Banners - if I could set those to private or have them set to reserved for only one specific person to change, then we could start running PvP war games much more smoothly. That is just one idea of many that could revolutionize the way we PvP
    Neat idea. We can consider

Black knight: how about bows, will there be more craftable types or patterns?
    Yes

Grave: Are patterns moving to a light armor/heavy armor compatibility model or are they going to where cloth patterns must be used on cloth armors only and not any light armors?
    Patterns are only useable on the specific kind of armor or weapon they match so you cannot disguise leather armor as cloth armor. The missing information is that we do not show players the kind of armor or weapon in the tooltips, just the type. So all light armor just says light armor instead of telling you it is cloth or leather. All blades just say blades instead of saying short sword, dagger, longsword, etc. We will be fixing this over the next several releases starting with Release 45.

PabloRSA: is there any file verification system with the client or a command line argument
    There is currently not a file verification system

Kaffien: what software is used to generate models for SOTA. Is the modelling done within Unity as well?
    We do not model in Unity (except to sculpt terrain in scenes). To model objects and characters we use 3DStudio Max, ZBrush, 3D-Coat, Marvelous Designer, and Substance Painter.

TamionHardwald: Question: how can it be that one can kill Solo a dragon, the phoenix. . . etc. ? Nevertheless, this cannot be a sense of this play?
    We try to make that almost impossible but there are some players who will always outsmart our AI.

lizkimber: please please can we have an easier way to sync dancing
    Eventually

Umuri: Will we ever get the option to price goods in player vendors by unit price and sell from stacks? I.e. putting up 10k gold ore at 60 apiece, and someone comes and buys 2000 so you have a stack of 8k left
    Yes

Ravnos FelRidden: Are there plans to limit the amount of times folks can teleport via scrolls, or is it intended to be a way to skip Overworld content? ie. 1 hour timer, etc
    Yes

Chatele: when will character creation get more hair styles, and lip color etc
    Q4 hopefully

The High Priestess: Will there ever be a way for zone to adjust to population with spawn rate? For instance, if I am alone in an area, could the spawn rate slow a bit? Sometimes, the spawn rate is just overwhelming.
    Perhaps

Lord Andernut: Can we get a town chat for all residents living in a town? It is difficult to converse with a group of players living in your town without forcing them to all be in your guild.
    We can consider but there is already a scene wide chat (/zone)

Umuri: Will we have more effects from the celestial alignments? For example, crafting crits on necromancy during a syzygy, lunar enchantments get stronger during eclipses, etc.
    Yes

D0C_H0LIDAY: what is Richard's most memorable Birthday Present he remembers?
    Richard: My most memorable present was a Christmas present made by my mother. When I came down in the morning the entire living room of our home was covered with a GI Joe encampment most of which was hand crafted by my mother. She made barracks with bunk beds, candelabras with real candles made from bits of birthday candle, machine gun emplacements made with curtain hooks, and many many more items. Plus it included a dozen GI Joes (some I still have) and all the regular manufactured Jeeps, trailered guns and such. I was in heaven, and still often reflect on the amazing things my mother did.

grumpykrabnevir: when they let us reset our quest lines, can we also redo our character appearance?
    You can already do that at New You Salons around the game.

Boris Mondragon: Can we have 2 additional training classes in the focus tree for Magic Resist and Physical Resist This would avoid extra training in other schools for resist and also allow additional physical resist. i.e. GM = 25 pct resist for both magic and physical attacks.
    Would decrease the power of specialization so unlikely but we might consider

minnesotajason: more gambling games to play with others, cards, dreidel etc…
    Yes

Fruck: Will there be a pass at boss mobs around magic resist? pretty much all big mobs are immune to all/most schools
    Yes

Black knight: any plans for a "bring a friend" recruitment drive, with some symbolic rewards when we get to release
    Pierrenard: can we get a reward if we refer a player to play the game ?
    Yes. Q4 at earliest to be closer to Commercial Launch.

Dariuas: A former MMO I played eventually introduced the ability to build custom houses, is that something you guys would ever consider?
    Probably not

Dereck Visaard: When the rent system is implemented in R44, will landlords be able to establish rent rules for tenants that resemble how the tax system works? For example, as a landlord, I grant a player tenant permission, assign them to a door in my inn, and then can I assign a COTO/IGG payment schedule, with eviction rules for non-payment? Pretty much like the tax system.
    There are no near term plans for automatic payment / eviction rules. You will have to do those manually for now.

DarkBlueMonkey: If you have a bucket of milk in the inventory, and jump up and down, can you craft milkshake?
    No

Fonsvitae: when will the magic skill trees get a full balance pass, to the point where the major magic trees are each more diverse, satisfying and effective as standalones (or close)?
    Q4

Aesowondah: I am but a peasant, yet I am one of the wealthiest peasants. Will there ever be a way for some no title, no good, good for nothing peasant like me to gain title through amassing wealth?
    Yes

Liz_the_wiz: can we get an option to buy tax free upgrades to deeds to convert them from taxable?
    No. That was a pledge exclusive and if we offered that now everyone who paid for that exclusive reward would understandably be upset.

Crazy Teeka: Will we be able to play in the grass and can we have emotes to help with this?
    I have no idea how to even answer this. :)

Alley Oop: can we have the option to NOT clear everything on a claimed lot?
    Yes eventually

Twofoldsilence: Can we get an audible notification when other PCs whisper to us, and would it be possible to eventually have microphone support in Shroud directly, so I can talk to folks that I am playing with in a party?
    Yes

Umuri: Can we get a wax cylinder pack of "The devs sing"? Also, can we get another of Scotty reading stories?
    Yes and yes

Aiyarree: Can we please get more wood pulp per crafting? The way it is now producing books is quite annoying. It take me almost the same time to produce the books that i takes me to actually write them.
    We will examine

Obsidian Tempest: If we upgrade a bundle say from row to city do we get all the things in the village and town tier bundles. (Houses, basements, etc?)
    Lots, houses, and basements do not stack.

Scoffer Kada: Will the cost of tax on deeds be looked at? When the prices were originally set gold was easier to get but with patches and balances the Value of a lot of the loot drops have changed.
    We will examine

Tailz Suvorov: When will the next telethon happen? Fall or Winter at this point? What month?
    Fall. No ETA but likely within the next 3 months at most.

Liz_the_wiz: can we get some cooking pots/pans/teapots etc for our houses?
    Yes

Leonard Llywelyn: when we will see food as decoration? Not only raw food, I mean complete and prepared plates of all sorts?
    No ETA

Tila Tenderfoot: Will there be more combos for Range? Chaos currently has the most combos.
    Yes

Three Eighty-Six: Could we get the emotes draggable to the utility bar and clickable buttons?
    Yes

Juvir: Are there any plans for crafting tables in between the current base tables and the expert tables? Or the ability to upgrade base tables?
    No plans for “in between” tables currently.

Jiirc: Can you quickly review when the Oracle test resets (midnight CT, ET, or 24 hour from login)? Same question for XP Bonus. Would you change the XP bonus to the same cycle as the Oracle?
    Midnight Central Time is when Oracle test resets. We will consider changing XP bonus to coincide with that.

Lord Andernut: When will the 2014 Lord British cake produce a "random item", so far they only give fireworks, and fewer fireworks than a fireworks box. People who purchased it expected it to produce something perhaps rare or rarely obtainable. What is the list of "random items" it may produce?
    We will revisit loot table for the cakes.

Dereck Visaard: Can we get a clockwork rat in game with a default name of Scamper?
    We can consider.

Benjamin Hroth: When will SotaMap be updated? Associated with this question... can others help assist in the updating of SotaMap if Jakub is taking a break from it all?
    We are working on this.

Asbury Baker: Would you consider in-POT dungeons? Crowd source + Monetization path: Allow users to design the dungeons. Put low-medium level loot and a mini-boss at the end. You could entice POT owners to invest in a dungeon by offering the possibility of a drop of a semi-unique low-level artifacts (pick color, etc from a template for this purpose). Size of dungeon/crypt, difficulty of mobs, and standard-loot or possibility of mini-artifact scale based on $ invested by POT owner
    We can consider and we have talked about this since we created POTs.

Robert Frost: Since we already have Puke and Belch emotes, can we please get a couple of good Fart emotes and a Fart Reaction emote ?
    Hmm.

Gwek: All these new POT upgradres - can citizens move their homes to the upgraded POT w/ no coto cost involved?
    POT upgrades do not require moving.

Hornpipe: What about a placeable crystal sword replica as decoration ?
    Not that but we are going to provide a way to use the hilt to create a Crystal Sword decoration

Pierrenard: will music instruments sound be fixed? some sound terribly wrong
    Yes

ElainaStrongbow: Key Rings that function like Key Bombs
    No idea what a Key Bomb is

ElainaStrongbow: (lol) Question: Can I get Serafina's Tattoos for my character please
    If and when we add tattoos as a character customization option

keldonlighthand: will/can you make alcohol have the the place it's made in its name like Brittany Beer, Bearan's Reach Ale
    Neat idea

Arieus: Will anyone who owns an inn get a title of Innkeeper?
    Interesting idea

Ravnos FelRidden: Is there a plan to upgrade the image on the ornate mailbox to look embossed, instead of pasted on? Otherwise, great art!
    eventually

RPEZach: Can we get some poison smoke potions to create a AOE poison cloud?
    Eventually

Paulie Walnuts: Any chance we could get a Marimba as a musical instrument :):) would also love to have a portable instrument with more octaves since instruments that players can carry seem to not be able to handle the complexity of music the Pianos can.
    Will consider.

Aesowondah: Can mail be removable from inventory? I sell A LOT of stuff. I also need to keep all my receipts for posterity (Novia Lottery and what not) I found myself unable to play the game a couple weeks ago due to the weight of my receipts on my body. I had to bite the bullet and destroy them all. This NEEDS to be fixed.
    Vendor transaction receipts ARE placeable in containers. Mail however is not an actual object, it is just data. If you want to keep receipts of direct transactions you are making via mail you will need to do that manually yourself.

Bekido: any word on when the steam hunter achievement will start working?
    No ETA. The problem is that Steam changes their API constantly without announcing it to us developers and we have trouble keeping up everytime it changes.

Arieus : Could we get an in-game house item of a miniature Soyuz TMA-13 for deco? [​IMG]
    Unlikely

falconslantern: Question: Could we get more patterns for weapons?
    Yes. We add these as often as we can, at least once a quarter, if not more often.

RPEZach: Can we get a kind of Binder? Like a book that holds a certain amount of papers like a container?
    Yes

Dunreave: Can we make it so that wall mounted items are placeable one rocks and blocks
    Not easily done because those item can rotated so unlikely.

Lace: Currently on books we have the import text option which allows colored text in books, on the new bb flyers, and on regular sheets of paper there is no IMPORT option so you can not do underlinging, colors etc .. any chance we can have the import option extended to flyers and pieces of paper
    Yes

Kambrius: Will taming ever be improved so that Avatars can capture (and not beat up!) baby versions of combat animals and have them 'grow' to adult versions over time as they level and gain abilities in order to create a more believable simulation (obviously would require baby and juvenile versions of the animals as well as progression mechanics for combat pet skills). Episode 2 maybe? Pretty please?
    Yes eventually

Charlie Chaos: At one point we could dye plate when can we expect to see Plate Armor and Chainmail dyes back ingame
    Hopefully Q4

Daigoji Gai: Are there any chances for a future app or web interface to manage property (rent, taxes), mail and or merchants? While I do make an effort to pay attention to paying taxes, a few times I've lapsed and had things sent back to the bank. Being able to check in and manage (while I am at work hint hint and being a productive employee) or commuting on the rail after work from NY into CT.
    Eventually.

Kambrius: Will bandits ever be more fleshed out as folks who are trying to provide for their families through desperation that Avatars can either help or eliminate based upon Virtue choices instead of simply being mobs to kill?
    Yes

Black knight: is there hope for an option to preview wearable items when buying?
    Yes

Infineon: can we make a healing tree with bandage like UO for warriors ?
    Eventually perhaps

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Could you please make Duke Wall mimics that would eat players that walk by?
    Ha. Funny. No

Hornpipe: What's the use of Thaumaturgy ward gem? Resist heal?
    Good question. Spoke to Bzus about this. Life resistance for Life magic isn't very useful since it does not have aggressive spells. We agree that the gem isn’t very useful. We could remove that ward gem but we would likely then get a bug of “why isnt there a ward gem for life magic”. Not all resistances are equally useful since not all spell schools are the same from an offense/defense spell perspective. Life resistance for undead would resist destroy undead but not much need from a player perspective right now.

Twofoldsilence: Why can't POT deeds be used in PRTs, as PRTs appear very empty house wise IMO.
    Because the number of Place Anywhere deeds needs to allow for players wanting to place them “anywhere”. The number of lots in NPC towns and PRTs reflects that. If we allowed players to use POT deeds in PRTs then there might not be enough lots for players with Place Anywhere deeds. At least half of the Place Anywhere deed owners have still not claimed lots.

Pierrenard: can it be possible to place outside items inside houses as smaller items so it fit?
    No

Aesowondah: Can we get a schedule or timeline of planned fixes? I am sure I am not the only one who believes some things are a waste of time to fix in comparison to some of the more dire issues or more credible requests.
    Things are not just prioritized on how severe the issue is, they are also prioritized on what programmers are available, what new features we need to work on, how complex the problem is, how reliably reproducible the issue is (or is it even reproducible), and several other factors. The schedule for fixes changes constantly because we have to first get internally reliable reproduction cases in the editor, not just the game client. Only then can we determine how complex it will be to fix a given issue. That means the schedule for fixes is highly unpredictable and needs to be constantly adjusted. Giving you a schedule would be quickly meaningless and outdated as it literally changes on a daily basis.

Umuri: Why can't you make a magic mover option to import the walls? Have it pre-set on the server?
    We hope to do this eventually

Umuri: Can we get an import/export option for decor? Or for POTs? So people can design/test on offline mode?
    That is highly unlikely. We keep a very strict firewall between offline and online modes because of hacking and cheating.

Jaan: Can we can some way to poll the actual backers, rather than just forum members, marathon watchers, etc?
    We could use services like survey monkey but as a rule we don’t run polls.

Rufus D’Asperdi: With the recent great strides in performance that’ve been made, when might we expect an increase in Deco Limits for POT?
    We now have POTs at minimum acceptable framerate. We have to get them to “great” framerate to increase the limits. We hope to do that by end of Q3.

Rufus D’Asperdi: Might you make available 4m width walkway/roadway pavers? At least craftable in-game if not in the Add-On Store. These would be the equivalent of the Large pavers where the Walkway pavers are Small, and the Roadway pavers are Giant.
    We can consider

Rufus D’Asperdi: When will we be able to drop a stack of items on a Player Merchant, set a price per unit, and allow the customer to buy as many of the stack as they’d like? (Shift+Drag)
    Hopefully Q4

Rufus D’Asperdi: Can we have Public, Resident, Tenant, and Member permissions added to objects that are used in game like Crafting Stations, Printing Presses, Planter Boxes, and the like, please? Please including the Remote Bank Access Device.
    That is long term plan

Rufus D’Asperdi: When will the new Ornate Moondials align properly to the Heavens?
    The moondials are simulations of the sky, not a tracker of the sky’s exact positions because each scene has different positions on the earth. As Undone posted here in a similar thread on the topic “To clarify: these aren't really designed to "align" with the actual sky. The moondial's ecliptic plane is parallel to the ground while the ecliptic plane of the scenes may vary. They should be considered a tool which allows you to see where things are in the sky relative to one another.”

Hornpipe: Could you please allow us to place long walls as we can place long roadways in POT now?
    We will consider

Duke Greagoir (LordG Dragon): can we please have a Static city water lot in the island POT template statically placed on the long dock by "Side Dock 1" so I can place my water Keep home?
    Unfortunately that would mean that unless you had a city deed you could not claim the lot. So sadly you will need to wait until the actual feature comes online for dynamic lot placement.

Fonsvitae: if we reach the LB moondial, will it come in all sizes?
    No it will be in a single size, similar to the Darkstarr Moondial and Ornate Moondial in scale.

Paulie Walnuts: Is mid tier loot coming next release? And what kind of loot should we expect? Mid tier economy seems to be struggling for gold aside from mining.
    Some will but it will take us multiple releases to get this right.

Aesowondah: Can we create a portion for backers on the website to not only come up with ideas, but be able to group vote on them to see there attractiveness/vailidity to the playerbase/game?
    You can create polls on our forums using the forum software.

Rafael: Can you make musicianship a leveling skill with various perks, titles, instruments, and/or buff?
    Maybe eventually

Rafael: can you make craftable armor for combat pets?
    Eventually maybe.

Twofoldsilence: Why can't me as a Row Lot owner use my land as something other than a house such as just planting pots.beds, a Tent, Campfire, etc.?
    Two reasons: 1) We use row houses for performance culling so not drawing a house would defeat that purpose. 2) One of the main advantages of a village lot over a row lot is the ability to use the land.

Spoon: could you please please please let the NPCs placed in basements be active regardless if the owner is present. That way we could have pets zoos and training dummies in basements which can be visited by others
    Yes eventually

Bushmaster: Can we get the ability to place hats on mounted head? A wolf would look good in a wizard hat.
    Ha! Funny.

EclipseMaiden: Will the in game ankh ever have any attributes and the ability to be seen when worn in game?
    Not seen and but we should make it enchantable.

EclipseMaiden: Did yall decide if resurrection will have a purpose for gaming? like more health back? less xp loss?
    Yes it has a purpose, you don’t have to run back from the nearest resurrection ankh!

Lace: We have crocodile heads as drops in game, any eta on the wearable hat like the bear, stag and wolf
    No ETA

Asbury Baker: Will POT town animal resource critters be implemented? (POT owner places a duck next to a pond... respawns every hour on death, etc)
    We hope to have placeable decoration spawners as well as animal husbandry as part of agriculture eventually.

Jaan: Moon Magic has a counter to Death Magic, but Life Magic have none. Is this intentional?
    We continually add new spells and balance the various schools against each other.

Katrina Magincia The game Star Citizen is going back on their old ships armours, etc.. and working them up to the quality of their newer ships and armour. As our armour, house deco etc... to grow in quality, will SotA also go back on older models and increase the quality.
    We have already done this multiple times, in fact we did it years before Star Citizen ever did. You can go read some of our previous updates (ex Elven Armor) or release instructions (ex Epic Cloth Armor) where we featured these changes.

Mal Hari: When will we see Alliance Chat?
    No idea what this refers to.

Bekido: whys the elder wyrm weaker than a dragon?
    Because he’s old and weak. :)

Spinok: Any plan to make arrow crafting reasonable, or plan to make poison possible for usage by archers?
    We will look at balance and yes we want to make different ammo types including poison arrows

Janus Trask: Any plan to incorporate more indefinite articles in creature names a la "an energy vortex"
    Sure

Joe: Any plans for different basement entrances? The hatch doesn't feel right in some situations
    Yes

Kigu Starfish (Kor): When masterworking/enchanting why can't one of the options be "none of the above" so that we can re-risk the item for different results?
    Interesting suggestion. Will consider

Coral LLTS: Any plans on adding more mines in different areas of our world?
    Not for Episode 1

Valkaryie: is there any plans or mentions of being about to keep the armor that you switch to and from in the original bags they were in before deck swapping.. Instead of bringing them to the main backpack?
    No plans

Hornpipe: Can we imagine to get a CITY size gustball soon ?
    The gustball court is a specific size agreed upon by the Gustball leagues so we wouldn't make a different size

Numa - Question : Could we have compartments or pockets in the backpack so we can separate items, especially those we want to leave untouched during trade or combat?
    You can put containers inside your backpack but you have to run in “bag mode”

Vesper-Question: Can we get an option to increase the buff effects size to make them easier to identify perhaps?
    Interesting suggestion

jason silverain: world/map building is it free form or do you guy meets and make concept maps??
    We have kickoff meetings and weekly reviews

CrazyPhil: Any town unclones on schedule that can be talked about? Early brainstorming perhaps? Yew gonna be a tree city?
    Yew will definitely have a tree theme. Currently polishing Aerie and Vertas. We have not yet identified the next cities we will unclone as we are prioritizing uncloning adventure scenes next.

Grave: Question for worldbuilding - Can we get the Shogun styled pavillion home shown in Celestis on the add-on store?
    We will consider it for sure!

MacGaellen - just bought a viking inn, and I love it. question: Can we get some number signs to put on the doors to make it easier for tenants to find their rooms?
    Browncoat Jayson - Question When they implement doors for renting, can we assign the doors a label, so on mouseover players can see room "numbers" or names? Very useful for running actual inns.
    Good suggestions. For now you can just use flyers for this purpose

macnlos (Elaina Strongbow)Question: can we get utensils in the game
    Yes

trevour: Last couple releases have seemed darker. Brightness all the way turned up and using the light spell and still game is hard to see (at night). Is this being improved?
    We will examine. Not intended

Elier deRoq: Is there tech to put scenery at the periphery of maps? I'm thinking of Celestis which is surrounded by mountains but now feels like a sea island map
    Actually Celestis was always meant to be an island in a lake

NotableJoe: Can we get containers with multiple sub-containers? For instance, a dresser where each drawer is a separate container. Also, can we please, please be allowed to place empty containers inside other containers?
    Yes and yes. No ETA on either

Stryker Sparhawk Are the bundles still going to have the coils?
    Yes

Lady Caelee: Can we either get a stage that is smaller in size that can fit in houses that aren't so wide or make it so that pianos will go on a stage made of tables or boxes?
    We can consider

Gix: Are there any plans to add content for the lower-level characters so that they can quest their way up and eventually do the main quest without getting murdered?
    Yes more side quests and guide you to play all three paths at same time, not just try to power through 1 path at a time.

Browncoat Jayson Question: Molds and other craft gear currently lose durability, but are cheaper to replace than to repair. Are there any changed planned for these?
    Perhaps

Umuri: Where's the promised gigantic POT sized duck gotten via a quest we were told we'd get during the duck telethon?
    Still going to happen, just low priority versus main story and Outskirts maps

Omen Crow: Can we get a magic wishing well with an emote to toss in a coin and it responds back with some of Lord British's little ditty's
    We already have wishing wells but they do not yet playback devs singing, not sure we want to inflict that on anyone.

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos Question: Instead of NPC Guards can we please get magical defense towers? This would be easier to balance and implement, correct?
    Perhaps

Vladamir Begemot Question: 10,000xp per day makes quest rewards pretty small. Are you going to be uppen the xp for quests?
    Perhaps

Vladamir Begemot Question: Did you guys know the turn right/left buttons take 7.5 seconds to turn around one time? It's unusable.
    For character? For deco? Can you be more specific and can you please report in bug forums and not ask as a telethon question?

Krullen Question: what's the plan for dropping items, like anywhere in the game and not just on lots?
    We want to do this eventually

Kigu Starfish (Kor): How is it the case that your server architecture can (according to your seedinvest interviews) support tens of thousands of concurrent players. But you can't handle more than 50 people in a zone - isn't that why you cancelled the dev pvp event?

That’s not the server, which to date has never experienced any significant performance issues. That’s the client which we know needs more performance work. Also on that specific event some trollish players were intentionally spamming the scene with some abilities that we know have performance bugs.

shadowvice (Maykie Antear) QUESTION: Will or Does dodging (by keyboard) have an in game affect against incoming attacks
    Yes we want to support this but there is some architecture work that needs to change to support this and performance work is going to take higher priority for now.

Umuri Question: Are the artifacts still planned to be salvageable for patterns? Torch of jerik is overdue since it was first said it was getting a pattern.
    Yes.

Mortanius Question: Is there anyway possible to add a Death skill to summon creatures from created items in which the summoned creature will inherit stats from that item? I think it would be another way to stimulate the economy
    Interesting suggestion

Dinsoo: When will I be able to eat people?
    Starr: Never. Richard: Soon!

Majoria: Please say that we will get a fantastic in-game achievement system for some of the reason to play and reason to log in the game like things mentioned in this link. We could even earn points to get cotos from completing achievements.
    Eventually but that is a HUGE system to implement so not soon

Majoria: I sooooo love the Boreas Colossus area and the dragon there. Please can we get more interactive epic creatures like him that could give you consequences for wrong answers? I think I know he killed me and I did deserve it since that imp accidentally hit him or I did.
    Yes

Majoria: Can we get paper to show up better on the bulletin board you craft?
    Yes

2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I can appreciate this, but that requires everyone you speak to be in the same zone. Just like as guilds can connect with eachother without physically being in the same location. A POT is another organization in the game that can communicate and plan and coordinate.

It is difficult to coordinate plans/events/activities/ask for help as a governor or with neighbouring residents if your town is not a "guild" town but is instead a place with many people of multiple guilds.

I think this is just one more way the game can help pull people together and give a sense of community with those you live with and make the world feel less empty/more full.

Mortanius, Chatele, Rhiannon and 4 others like this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Thanks for answering these questions. It's very informative and I hope this exercise is beneficial to you too. (as it provides additional feedback)

I submitted over 70 questions during the telethon. I went back through all of them to see if they were all repeated, answered, super open ended, super vague or confrontational.

I didn't think they were any of those. At least not all of them were. :)

I think it's more likely you never saw the questions, so here they are:
    Question: Can killing a watcher result in giving players Mechanical Parts?

Question: Have you considered adding more player skill to the combat system to help balance out the need to be highly trained in all the magic schools in order to have high magic resistance?

Question: Can you please consider making different kinds of fire damage? For example, "Dragon Fire" could be its own special class of fire that would not be resisted in the normal way.

Question: Will NPC's ever effectively use cover to attack from range?

Question: Could you please balance torches, the light spell, and night vision so there's a reason to use a torch?

Question: Once we have NPC guards, would it be possible to have ritual magic that allowed us to create a skeleton (guard) using skeleton bones?

Question: Are you still planning on making a "giant robot system" for guilds to fight over in PVP?

Question: Black Pearl was originally only suppposed to be harvestable during a full moon. This would make it more rare than it currently is. With this in mind, shouldn't NPC's sell it for a much higher price? Will players ever get the ability to "grow" this for themselves using hydroponics?

Question: Do you have a JIRA for players to be able to make their own NPC Golems (guards)? Iron, Copper, Diamond, Obsidian, Silver, Flesh, etc...

Question: Could we change the recipe book so that there's an indicator on every recipe that shows if you know the recipe of the component you need? For example, if you don't know how to make iron ingots it would be red.

Question: If you ever have a D&D play session during a telethon, can you please consider having a few random players join the team as characters? (maybe contest winners?)

Question: Will we ever get rid of the "poop" emote that is used as a general placeholder for many spells and for recall/teleport? (it's horrible) I'd love to see a new generic emote for magic that was more subtle and less "your entire body is straining to do something".

Question: Could we get an Obsidian style basement in the mold of Desolis?

Question: Any plans to modify durability of items so that when they're yellow and red they decrease durability at a faster rate? And if yellow or red they decrease in effectiveness?

Question: When will we be able to craft and enchant robes?

Question: Have you thought about providing under populated towns (both player owned and non-player owned) with special incentives to drive traffic and population away from Owl's Head, Brittany, Ardoris, and the Eceter to Xenos to Arie regions?

Question: How much decay does the player with the most XP lose per death?

Question: Does DEX impact your ability to hit using magic rays or touch attacks?

Question: What percentage of total players are over level 100? Percentage of active players over level 100?

Question: Would you please consider a "rolling hard cap" on levels or skills in place of the decay system? (this would be based on the total population of the game and would only expand as more players grew more powerful)

Question: Could we please get the ability to use permissions on gates and fences on POT property so that they could be locked? (these gates and fences would make sense to be used in conjuction with an "open lock" skill)

Question: Why do you begin new releases on Thursday's and not Monday's? Wouldn't this give you more time to patch after a new release before a weekend?

Question: Have you reached a decision on how producer XP might decay? Have you considered making it decay on successful creation of an item? The more powerful the item created, the more decay?

Question: All POTs were recently given "fast travel" functionality. But POT owners were not asked or given the ability to opt out of that functionality. Can I opt out of fast travel for my town? If you add future functionality to POTs will you allow POT owners to opt out?

Question: Could we please get more in-game maps of areas in the game so that we don't have to use the 3rd party Sotamap? I like your maps better and Sotamap doesn't make a good decoration (like for a war room, or for roleplaying sessions where everyone is looking at the map).

Question: I love the traps! But could you consider making them manually reset using an NPC to walk around and reset them? It would be more immerssive and interesting. Even allowing players to reset them would be cool too. But automatically resetting is a bit odd and we miss an opportunity to make a more lasting and memerable gaming experience.

Question: Bzus said during the last telethon that he would take a look at the balance between staves and wands. Has he been able to do that yet? If so, what can we expect to see in the future to ensure staves are as powerful as having two wands?

Question: Could we please get a list of all the PVP POTs in the game? It would also be nice if you could mark the PVP POTs on the map that you provide each release. (maybe you could put the PVP POTs in the color red?)

Question: For Lot Access UI, could you please make it so POT owners can set a default configuration? I have 100's of row houses and every time I move or place a new one, I have to click through all the UI to set the permissions. It's an incredible chore. I'd like to simply set a default and place the lot.

Question: During your next round of polish for Obsidian Homes, could you please fix the ladders on the roof of all the homes? There are still hatches that you click on instead of opening and this allows players to enter these homes even though the permissions are set to keep them out.

Question: Are moon magic spells working as intended or are you aware that there are problems with stealth working properly and balance? I've reported problems with moon magic for years and this never seems to get fixed. Can you please make this a priority for R44 combat balance? I have an entire list of things that need fixed in moon magic. I can provide this list again upon request.

Question: Will you be making public versions of the bulletin boards, and how will it be decided what towns they are placed in if you do?

Question: Will you please consider making a new monster that likes to move around objects and then instantly disappear and teleport somewhere else? Like a leprechaun, don't take your eyes off it! :)

Question: Could you please make more choices for POT owners that distinguish on POT over another? Right now you can go to almost any larger size POT and get the exact same experience. The only difference is some POTs have more active player vendors.

Question: The castle walls in my POT do not load fast enough or soon enough. The result is that players see things behind the walls and could ponentially go beyond the walls if they're fast enough. Can you please adjust the order in which castle walls and fences are loaded (giving them top priority) to avoid these two use cases?

Question: Now that we have the in-game mail system, can you create a support address that we can send questions to? I would assume that for security reasons any account change requests would still need to come from the email address on file.

Question: Can we have an option for two-factor authentication?

Question: Since Animal Charm, Moon Beams, and Dazzling Rays all effectively do about the same thing to animals...could you consider making animals immune to Moon Beams and Dazzling Rays? This would make Animal Charm necessary and viable in ways it is not currently.

Question: Can you please consider making gems a part of a refinning process? This might lead to specialized recipes involving magical scrolls/potions/items, etc..

Question: When the brewing system is added to the game, will players be able to "name" their drinks? So that you can go to a bar and order "ale" but it's named differently from one establishment to the next.

Question: Can we get a gelatinus cube pet that will wander around our homes and clean our floors? (maybe for a telethon reward?) Perhaps it might randomly have "stuff" that can be found inside of it (once a day, like some of the other items in the game provide)?

Question: Will the summon lich spell ever get another polish where it will cast spells like the boss liches do?

Question: In an effort to fill out loot tables, could you please consider creating short "passages" of lore about each of the artifacts in the game? This would be fun to collect and add to player libraries while also being an easy way to build on the existing lore of the game.

Question: Where are we at on custom duke heads? Do we have the tech ready yet? How many do we think will be completed per month in the future?

Question: Can we have a way to knock on the door of a home to see if anyone is there? Sometimes more than one person shares a home and it's not as simple as whispering to the owner.

Question: Could you please establish a time when the overland map will be locked for POTs and towns will no longer be able to move around? It seems a little too opportunistic for some POT owners to constantly move their towns around to wherever the "hot" spot is on the map. It also seems to be in poor taste to allow players that have thoughtfully decided on their map positions to suddenly get new neighbors that may be taking advantage of the hard work done by the other towns in that area. To be fair, it seems wise to lock down the map and prevent changes at some point.

Question: When a town is under siege, can you please consider making teleport and recall scrolls stop working in that town?

Question: Now that we have mushroom decorations, can we begin to GROW mushrooms as part of the agriculture system?

Question: I will probably regret asking for this, but...Could we please get an additional shipping option for mail? The current fee is kind of like an express shipping option and for bulk items sitting in a local bank this can be very expensive to ship. Can you please consider creating another long term shipping option that substitutes TIME for GOLD? For example, make the shipping take one month to complete, but charge almost nothing to do it?

Question: To avoid players using dummy decks to obtain all the buffs with maximum stacks, can we please make it so whenever you switch decks all buffs are removed? This would be an incredibly positive change for balance and competition.

Question: Can you please consider providing an additional type of PVP flag that DOES NOT allow someone that is unflagged to attack you? I feel the current flagging system allows unfair attacks of opportunity that prevent me from flagging for pvp and it removes my choice of consent for a reasonably fair fight.

Question: Can you please consider adding a way to view more information about a POT on the overland map? Information like number of available lots? Perhaps a brief description of the town theme written by the owner? If the town is PVP or not?

Question: We currently have potions that provide 10 minutes of +50 resistence to Elemental or Magic schools. This is extremely powerful in PVE but it's almost a must in PVP. Can you imagine if players had a potion that provided +50 resistance or avoidance against all physical damage? It would be outrageous. Can you please consider making attunement negatives that go with these potions so no one can cover every spell attack? Or perhaps make a potion resistance for each individual school of magic and not four at a time?

Question: Can you please consider lowering the effectiveness of stacking avoidance (between armor, items, skills, and spells) as this is how players are soloing giant bosses or going in groups and barely being touched as they farm bosses? Ideally if someone is going to dodge, evade, avoid, all of the damage, then when they actually take damage they should probably be getting killed as a way to balance out that kind of defense.

Question: There are some artifacts that provide +50 attunement increases. Some of these artifacts can be held in each hand giving +100 attunement increases. Since players are supposed to be making the best items, could we please rethink the artifacts that give such high bonuses. They're being used in place of player weapons so obviously the weapons players can make are not better. (espeically in pvp where a negative cost to reagents is immaterial)

Question: Players currrently hoard resources because there's no incentive for them to sell now verses later. It's like a shop that sell fruit that never expires, that never goes bad. The inventory is always filled. Do you have any plans to reduce the incentive for players to hoard?

Question: Can you please consider making ghosts and other incorporeal undead immune to physical damage that does not come from a magic weapon? This would incrrease the need to buy magical weapons from other players, and be more consistant with fantasy genre expectations.

Question: Is there a report in JIRA that could be shared and searched on by the community prior to submitting bugs? I've noticed that many of the bugs I've submitted in the past have not been addressed, and it's difficult for me to know if I should resubmit them during a new releases or not. I understand you have a small team and have to prioritize, but having a more robust list (no, the "known bug list" is not sufficiently meeting this need) would help players track what's already been reported.

Question: In an effort to reduce clutter on the overland map, could you see a scenario where current POT owners could transfer their POTs to new areas that might open up in Episode 2?

Question: Can you please reduce the effectiveness of Celessital Blessings during the early stages of leveling up the spell? All the power is given in the beginning at level 1, and now it lasts a very long time.

Question: Can we please get anti-virtue devotionals for towns?

Question: Can we please rent housing for COTO's?

Question: The cover system is awesome! But sometimes "damage over time" and other secondary effects still do damage even though you're under full cover. Is this intended?

Question: Summoned skeletons can be healed with life magic, is this by design? (I hope not)

Question: I don't feel SOTA development gets enough (read: any) credit for using an open development model. The fans don't always seem to understand it. The open nature of the work you're doing is often overlooked. The information you provide is often misquoted or used to further detractors agenda's. Have you considered using a closed development model in the future? I hope you haven't, I personally really enjoy the open model you're using, and I appreciate all your hard work to provide that to the backers of the game.

Question: When a player is inside of a POT basement, does it show that they're in the POT on the overland map? I noticed that basements do not say "Governed by POT Owner Name".

Question: I've never been a big fan of the ribbons on summoned creatures. I'm not sure what value that's providing. Is this something you guys have considered remomving? I think the summoned creatures would look much better without them.

Question: Are we planning to do anything special for our 1 year anniversary being persistant?

Question: Now that players have super long buffs and are using them all at the same time. I've noticed a huge increase in people selling larger quantities of rare drops (daemon hooves, phoenix talons, dragon meat, etc...). I don't have direct evidence that the changes to buffs are the cause, but I suspect that's that case since the timing appears to be identical. Are you guys looking into this possible correlation and if so, what are you going to do about it?
    I know it's a busy week for you, and this is a ton of extra questions! So it would really just be nice to know that you at least read through the questions and considered them. Thank you!

4. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I agree, also think this could be expanded to NPC towns as well, such as a "Brittany Estates" channel, etc.

5. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Alliance chat was suggested to exist when guilds could form alliances.

Probably would exist when you get around to implementing better guild functionality.

6. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Wooooooohoooooooo!

Emeraldsoul and K1000 like this.
  7. DarkStarr

Good point. Will add to our task list

8. DarkStarr

Hmm. Sorry. These were not added to the questions doc for some reason. I will circle back with the team and figure out why they got missed. As you noted there is no way I will get to these before I have to leave for Comic Con but I have at least now seen them.

Mortanius, Chatele, Retlaw and 2 others like this.
  9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Thanks, Starr. I believe what you'll find is that I provided these questions directly to Serafina because there were so many. Laz took over for her towards the end of the telethon, a which point I believe Sera had said there were "27 pages of questions", mine probably making up about 6 pages alone.

Because I know you have more important things to do, and this is a butt load of questions. I will totally understand if you don't answers these. I'm really good with you simply reading through these and using them as general feedback. But anything you want to answer, please do! I love getting more information. :)

10. DarkStarr

Yeah looks like they got accidentally put in a separate document. I will try to answer them next week perhaps, maybe while I'm on a plane to California.

11. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

Are you sure the Oracle know this? Reading this means to me that I take the test at say 6 pm Central Time and should be allowed to take the test again after the reset which would be anytime after Midnight Central Time the next day. However, what is really happening is that I have to wait a full 24 hours from that 6 pm Central Time when I took the test in order to take it again on the next day. If real life causes me to take it at a later time that next day, then my wait period is now extended to 24 hours from that time and not Midnight.

Am I just not understanding the definition of the reset?

12. DarkStarr

You cannot use it more than once per 24 hours and it resets at midnight but you cannot access it for 24 hours.

13. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

Thanks for the clarification.

Berek likes this.
  14. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

This does make sense, but might be confusing. So I'd like to give one example.
    After the first 2 days because the "not within a 24 period part affects the first 48 hours", then this situation will work:
    1. Monday - log in at 9pm, get the test.
    2. Tuesday - login at 8 pm, get the test.
    3. Wednesday - login at 7 pm, still get the test.

This is not what the daily 10k XP bonus does right now because there is no reset. The Oracle test works this way because of the cumulative time gap created after initial test, then the reset, then 24 hours. So after 2 days time, you can login at earlier times before the next reset and still get the test because you are on the "not within 24 hours" part of a previous day's reset.

The daily XP is currently set to 24 hours only. So if on Tuesday above you logged out before 9pm, you would not get the 10k XP until your Wednesday login. And then 7pm is your new timer.

Correct me if I am wrong. Thank you.

15. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

@DarkStarr It looks like the first and last of my "clarifications questions" was asked, but the rest were skipped. These were related to the stretch goals for the telethon:
    I only asked because having a traditional magician wand (smooth black with white tip) and a top hat that matches the tuxedo would be nice, rather than having to sub in my lesser wand and Question Mark hat. :)

16. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

Sneaky chaos wizard, that's *YOUR* skull, buddy. :)

- Amused Engineer

17. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I must be missing something, because this doesn't make sense to me. Why reset it at midnight, if I can't access it for 24 hours since my last test. If I understand correctly, I am on a 24 hour cooldown every time I take the test. Resetting at midnight doesn't accomplish anything, I still have to wait the rest of the 24 hours before I can take the test again. If the oracle resets at midnight, shouldn't I be able to take the test right after that? So that if I take the test at 11:59 pm and the oracle resets (by my definition resets means the flag is cleared), I should be able to take the test again at 12:01 am. What am I missing here? I don't understand why the reset happens if I have to wait the rest of the 24 hour cooldown? Isn't it really a 24hr cooldown? The reset is misleading.

18. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

When is crafting getting a pass? Half the skills in gathering are useless and refining is nothing but placeholders. Even if you're satisfied with the half finished 'main' crafting skills, those need to be finished.

19. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Read #14 and see if that cleared things up or made it worse.

20. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

I do...with emotes! HEY @matpsch!

/daydreamkick - lie on your stomach, propping yourself up on your elbows, with your head on your fists, idly kicking your calves back and forth while looking up and/or off into the distance.
    /daydreamlie - lie on your back, with your arms up cradling your head in your hands, looking up into the sky, with your feet crossed (as in /liedown), occasionally wiggling your feet at the ankles.
    /daydreamclouds - lie on your back, similar to /daydreamlie, except one arm is down at your side, while you occasionally gesture at the sky and speak as if you're pointing out the shapes of clouds or stars.
    /flop - sit down on the ground, your legs straight out at 45 degree angles to your torso, with your arms behind you, propping your back up with your hands.
    /kneeflop - plop down on your knees, with your butt sitting on your feet. Hands on your thighs as you slightly put your weight on them.

@Mal Hari is referring to the previously-teased-at Guild Alliance system, which allows multiple guilds to coordinate as one, with an extra chat channel that only members of the participating alliance can see.

Think raid chat, but with guilds instead of parties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.