Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback - Loot/Kill stealing

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Feeyo, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

Was it Infineon from the guild Furia? He did that to friend of mine and when asked about it he said: "go play solo games".

Doesn't seem to be a big deal for the leadership of Furia since no actions are being taken.

2. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

@Solazur

Interesting, I see a pattern here.

Solazur and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

If things turn into unpleasant encounter, I would recommend to switch to party mode to focus on the hunt, then switch back to multiplayer later when you guys are taking a break.

Not worth dealing with one arsehole ruining your party night.

Hopefully the dev can find the better way to calculate the looting rights eventually.

Chatele, Feeyo and belijaal like this.
  4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I have a very short list of players that have stolen kills from me in the past. In the long run it can hurt them if they become active community members because I do not interact with them for any type of business.

I also put them on my kill on sight list, so hopefully I'll get my revenge one day. I hold grudges for a long time. Of course, they will prob never notice that I'm mad at them, but it makes me feel better :D

Daigoji Gai, Solazur, zyxe and 4 others like this.
  5. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

Sadly switching modes is the best option in that case because the griefers from said guild are never flagged for pvp. Unflagged kill-stealing is the most cowardly and obnoxious thing you can do in this game

Mac2, Kara Brae, OptikTank and 3 others like this.
  6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I do not remember his exact name, but it was not infineon, it was Beron or Baron or something like that. Either way he was not flagged as PvP so I do agree with the comment from @belijaal :)

Solazur and belijaal like this.
  7. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

there were a lot of kill stealing the last few days, but i think it was due to the double xp event... things should get more civil now

I don't think you can name people who are kill stealing @Feeyo here on the forum....

The game is designed for last hit, get exp. not most hits get exp. It's how the game was designed, so kill stealing is not frowned on.

THE HENDOMAN

8. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

I cannot speak to this issue directly because, as most in this thread, we were not there. I do know that I have felt people were "loot stealing" in the past only to find it was a.misunderstanding. I have also rarely had to deal with true loot thieves but that is when I am grateful for party mode. You cannot have a repeat offence without allowing yourself to be vulnerable.

Now, what I can speak to is the character of the leadership of Furia. I have dealt with them on a number of occassions and found them to have integrity. Remember also, the is a multi-cultural game. Language barriers have caused issues in the past. I also know, as a guild leader myself, these issues are complicated at times to deal with. You may not see from the outside what takes place on the inside.

I encouage people to be slow to cast stones and make assunptions. I am not saying something did not happen, I am just suggestion the open forum was probably never the best venue for a discussion on a specific incident or how a guild is fealing with it.

Furia is a long time guild with a strong reputation within the this amazing community.

Can I suggest that the injured party message the leadersip in a private message?
    Oh and happy Reapier Hunting all

9. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

If someone is griefing you in game - you can always let them know nicely in game that they accidentally took your mob or kill - I would imagine most of the time that's the case - and if they grief you, you can report it.

10. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Indeed... I can't find Bow Vales original post but yes.. a pattern does seems to emerge.
    The worst thing in the event I was a party to is the guy (from that same guild) was flagged with the Hospitaller Title.
    Jumped in on my fight..looted and waltz off. I didn't even realize it for a moment as I was adding him to my friends list in spite of me not being a fan of those who jump in to "help".

When I whispered them I said "seriously? did you just loot my reaper?" The reply came: "and?... go play solo games".

amarious and belijaal like this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

yes we were with a new player who did it too and it was a matter of not being aware since there is so much to concentrate on when you are brand new. But now she knows to be diligent of this if other players are around. There is really plenty of kills to go around ;)

Minerva likes this.
  12. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

OR, you can get creative. While SotA doesn't have an official bounty system in place... last time I checked it was still possible to hire help. Well. technically speaking anyway. The truly good "help" one might hire in this game is SO DBAD, they're more likely to KOS the offenders as a public service.

Ahh would that this were always the case. Sadly, we seem to have a new breed trying to emerge. When one reaches out to the offenders (at least from one guild we know of currently) you get a snotty reply: "Welcome to MMO's" or "go play solo games".
    Not much to misunderstand there.

amarious and belijaal like this.
  13. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

This thread is starting to become a flame thread. This was not my idea when posting. I just wanted to give feedback to the developers that their mechanics are not working.
    If the option for stealing loot/kills is the way they wanted it then fine.

But a note to the "Evil" players. When you are on your journey for stealing. Please flag yourself with PvP, so that I can at least attack/kill you.

14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I think most damage would at least be the best way to work it, first it is no good and killing blow is no good either.

15. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

I agree. Sometimes I accidently hit a mob with an arrow, that someone else is taking care of, because of tabbing. I immediately tab away then, but it may happen that it's the killing blow. I don't intend to steal that kill, and am very sorry when it happens. If the one who did the most damage gets the XP and loot, such accidents don't matter much.

On the other topic: Using "roleplay" as an excuse for grieving others is very immature IMO (and, among us older gamers, usually you find out that there is a very young player behind this behaviour). In my opinion a roleplayer plays evil in order to let others have a good time, not in order to make them upset. If you want to upset people, you are not roleplaying, you're simply an ass.

16. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I agree, and also let the party count as one entity with the total DPS.

Chatele, Cianna and Mac2 like this.
  17. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Some games give XP and personal loot to anyone who tags the mob. This sometimes leads to people running through and only tagging mobs but it does eliminate some of the griefing and issues of over populated areas.

18. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

To be honest, solo or party only modes are going to be the best options to eliminate kill/resource/loot stealing.

Any sort of PvM "regulation" will be able to be gamed by someone to kill steal.

Personally, I mostly play either solo or party only and change to full multiplayer if there is an event I would be part of.

Montaigne likes this.
  19. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

keep this in mind too.

A Tamed Pet that is set to aggressive can by accident just run towards any target. So if I forget to set my bear to passive or defensive first, many times me bear will charge someone else’s target on their own.

I did not say “go attack that” to the bear as tamed pets have a mind of their own.

I try to dismiss the bear quickly before any final hit is done.

Chatele, Kara Brae and Minerva like this.
  20. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

I agree

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.