1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

R53 Livestream: Sales & Stretchgoals Changed

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

[​IMG]

Lained likes this.
  2. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I made sure to use the store well after time was running out, as long they consider bows "not worthy" i will not consider adding to the stretch goals statistics!

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

OK. We already got the crossbow though.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Would you like a bow to salvage, Pounce? I'll take an inventory and see what I have.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The only longbow patterns that I know of are:
    • Founder's Bow (not available)
    • Royal Founder's Bow (not available)
    • Thorn Bow (not available)
    • Virtue Ice Bow (not available)
    • Ancient Elven Bow (not available)
    • Ornate Elven Longbow (elven town bundle only)
    • Elven Woodwind Long Bow (salvage from loot)
    Is that it? Did I miss anything? The only one that's actually available is the Elven Woodwind Long Bow.

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Every time I've complained about the lack of bows in stretch goals, the devs have pointed out "there's a crossbow." Then they wonder why they get feedback after a telethon saying that they misunderstand questions that were asked. I stopped asking about it, and presume I will be using this woodwind pattern forever.

Barugon likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There are also no add-on store bows, crossbows or patterns for such.

9. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, purchasing NEW store credit during the offer period works just fine for the $5 minimum requirement. It's only existing store credit from before the offer period that does not count.

So if you added $5 on Thursday in the hopes of counting towards the goals on Friday, that unfortunately wouldn't apply. But if you bought $5 new store credit during the offer period and then used that to buy something else in the store, you are still ok to receive the rewards because of the original $5 purchase.

Rentier and Jaesun like this.
  10. Lapis Dragon

Lapis Dragon Avatar

@DarkStarr @Berek Adding the auto-updating goal tracker to the front page was a great idea for the new telethon, fundraiser, whatever these are called now. I do have a few suggestions for the next event.

1. Include either a link to or a pop-up for the list of stretch goals near the tracker.
    2. Incorporate a countdown timer for when the sale event ends.
    3. Add configurable notifications (browser based and/or email) for sale started, stretch goals as they are met, sale ending soon, and sale ended with goals reached.

I suspect these will help the community members be more engaged during the sale period.

Rentier likes this.
  11. EvilGypsy

EvilGypsy Avatar

Ty for the clarification kudos Sir.

12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

@Pounce, would you like a bow? I have some I'd be willing to part with*:

[​IMG]

* Not the Ancient Elven.

13. Floors

Floors Avatar

There are not enough bow variations compared to the other weapons, I agree. And it would be nice to see some more period appropriate bows without recurve.

Daigoji Gai and Rentier like this.
  14. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

I dont think there are enough variation of ANY weapon, cept ONE hand swords.... those for days

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

True Statement. I believe you'll also get the same complaint from the Pole Arm aficionados.
    I understand the desire for a straight staved self bow (which is what I assume you mean). I own one... a hand carved Ash Longbow that pulls 82lbs. at 30 inches... I'm curious though, in the context of New Britannia, what does "Period Appropriate" mean?
    There is a mix of Dark Ages (Viking), Medieval (European and Japanese), Steam/Clock Punk (Kobold), and Elven... So far... There have been rumors, signs, and portents of Roman, and Pirate is pretty well established now as a thing. (Piracy in the Caribbean began in the 16th C, spanning the 17th and 18th, to mostly die out in the early 19th.)
    A Yumi might be interesting. It would also be interesting to see a Real Yew Longbow... Though I don't know if there is a Yew equivalent in Novia.

Rentier and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  16. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah, I thought someone might call me out on that. But while it's a fantasy game with various cultures influencing it, I still like some stuff that's more realistic and from you know, 11th to 14th century europe, thats all.

17. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

How about more wands... I'm really bored of the twig... :( #morewands

18. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Strange choice of words, since all of us who have been here since the Kickstarter began are 'investors' in both money and hope so we pretty much all speak 'as investors' on the forums, but I don't think your plan there really holds up. If they are not trying new designs, testing out new graphics and processes, and actually bringing new things to the game all the time, SotA will surely go nowhere at all. You can't innovate in any way unless you are prepared to try things that in the end won't work out - only doing what you 'know' will work (which actually means 'hope' in these types of decisions) and doing what is 'safe' gets you yet another stale product, and gaming has way too many of those already.

The key, of course, is 'significant' time - but if the people running the show think trying new assets is not 'significant' enough they'd not be doing it all the time. Clearly, since they regularly run the livestream/telethon/whatever goals, and add in new things to support charities and special events, they think it is a solid part of their plans and one of the attractive features of the game.

19. Floors

Floors Avatar

Well I certainly wouldn't have bought anything if I didn't want a couple of blue and red electric swords, so :) It works...

majoria70 likes this.
  20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Your Account is from 2018 so i guess its only fair if somebody tells you we got much more bows than crossbows during the years.

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.