Consensual pvp???? Stay a While and Listen Why this is no fun.....

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by gonzo9002, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

hoped singleplayer only gold wont be presistent in the online version.

ok then this cant happen , and game cant be save from those mechanics like botting to get a good economy sad :(

2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Then you need to research what the differences in Single player offline vs SPO/FPO/OPO

Silent Strider, Ned888 and rune_74 like this.
  3. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

Actually, NO, you don't get forced into the same instances. Forced implies a lack of choice, and same implies you'll even encounter them. I dare you to find ME once the system is fully implemented. Seriously. FIND me with your PvP flagged character, reveal to me some identifying clue in forum from baronandy and in character at the same time, and I will give you 10 gold. It'll be like a free PvP kill on me. You gotta be flagged, you gotta prove it's you. I seriously am throwing down the gauntlet.

4. stuntvisor

stuntvisor Avatar

FULL Lot!! Is it Very important.
    100% adrenaline.
    La genre que no quiere botín completo es aquella que juega a la mierda de wow( asco de juego porque para que matas? Si no te vas a llevar nada) y también los que en uo eran unos mancos y lloraban y se dedicaban a matar bichitos.
    Conclusión pvp en todo el mundo y FULL lot es la solución para que el juego llegue arriba.
    Saludos

baronandy and TemplarAssassin like this.
  5. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

not too forget no full loot = broken economy tell me 1 game without full loot who not had botter ?? and then tell me how many sandbox games with full loot have them

i dont know what all these pve guys doing in the pvp forum. they reached there goal they can have pvp optional !!!
    i think the most important thing is to separate pvp and pve guys in separate instances depending on how they are flagged or half of the players wont install the game

so pvp players get full loot /botsave economy and balanced pvp an world where you can live as a crafter
    and pve guys get there non loot world, full of botters, broken economy where it dont make sense to have a crafter or vendor or house.....but where they can play savly through the story

people can dcide where they wanna play and have freedom (only logical solution for the problem in my opinion)

dont understand why pve guys get all mechanics tzhey want and pvp guys not even the option to get separated ,something like that i thought would be self evident for a game from lord british, who brought out the first sandbox full loot game

6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

can this thread get locked already.....

Time Lord, jiirc, KuBaTRiZeS and 2 others like this.
  7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

nope! It hasnt become a bloodbath yet! :):mad: but...... Winter is coming!

I would like full loot PVP separated from PVE. Whatever happens ill make it work or quit, one or the other! Oh wait i cant quit! Damn!

Arena/Gladiator Tourneys "Gladiator Games"

8. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

lol no but as you have stated, this has been hashed over and over and over in countless threads, and this on is stuck on repeat :p

9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Good entertainment for those long boring nights at work!

10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Dealing with botting is the job of the devs not the players. All forms of enforcing the ToS and EULA should never be put into the hands of the players.

11. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

just that they cant be online all the time ...

cant stop them they use vpn programs and whatever

why should it be why you are here if you dont care about pvp , dont enjoy it and can give creative feedback.....and dont be pvp or pker in uo, why you are feeling attacked by us pvpers if we want full loot in separated instances, if it is already told that for sure the pve guys will have no loot

why should pvp and pve players not separated , 2 times more houses everyone get what he want and can play his playstyle.

i want to roleplay like i want and how i did in uo now i cant this roleplay game like in uo so its a downgrade for me.

delaing with bots is the work for the devs but i have seen so many games and it never worked XD i am trusting more in players that kill afk guys and loot them.
    especially the feeling if you encounter a bot in a non loot game or non pvp, you cant stop them they resurect go back to the spot and repeat this make you angry. in mortal are no botters and if , and you encounter one you would feel very happy getting all the ore he farmed the whole day

12. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I'm amazed that this post is still alive. It's almost an army of Straw men...

To be honest, i'd love to see the next non-consensual PVP full loot game by Richard Garriot (i could go as far as permadeath). I also acknowledge i got a bit mad when i found out that SotA wasn't going to be one. But i kept reading, and found the devs exposing their reasons not to make a non-consensual PVP game with some sort of limited loot, and i understood they don't want to do that kind of game. It's just like that! I won't build up the arguments for it since this has been circling for lots of pages in lots of posts. Instead of hopping in the carousel, i'd like to give my opinion about the most popular ways of claiming this play mode.
    1. Split us in two servers so everybody gets what they want! Richard already exposed that shards were a byproduct of sudden success of Ultima Online, not something intended. Selective multiplayer (and the Blessing of the Oracle, for this matter) will actually achieve that without the need of keep running two (or more) separate instances of the game. You'll never face an immune character in your roundabouts, because once you're adventuring, you won't meet with them. Why splitting the community in two when you have this solution?
    2. The economy is unstable because there are no full loot - full pvp! because all PvE oriented games lacked economy in some sense and full loot full pvp games had it, it doesn't mean you can't make a feasible economy without full loot and full pvp. The system should give us reasons to fight each other, and to make sure death costs money without the need of you getting strip naked. It's true that PVP could be good to an economy, but not for the way devs want us to play. Let's not forget they don't want us to fear about immediate gear loss, because that will mean most people would leave their best gear at home (before somebody says "i wouldn't!", i wouldn't too, and let's just remember that anecdotal evidence isn't valid as part of an argument), and they want us to swag our enemies out.
    3. The economy is going to be unstable because non-PVPrs are going to farm out as much as they want! I really don't understand this point; to me it emerges from the irrational fear to an unbalanceable situation. I think it could be balanced (got plenty of ideas on my own), and i trust Portalarium enough to think they have also some ideas to cover this point. I acknowledge it needs to be addressed, but because it hasn't, we can't start shooting in the air.
    I know i'm leaving a couple out, but i can't remember then and i prefer not to sail through the straw men army to find them. Sorry if it sounds a bit harsh, but it makes me sad seeing members of the community focused in ranting about not getting what they expected instead of accepting Consensual PVP and not full loot as the start point to propose new and interesting ideas of getting the game closer to what we want. Nothing have been said about social dinamics; the reasons to fight against each other, the situations where we will fight against each other. Nothing have been said either about loot in a definitive character, and a lot can be suggested using the ransom system as base (take as example this wonderful post by Myrcello).

It's just that i think it would be better if we focus our efforts into producing good ideas related to what we have right now, instead of so much Full PVP Full Loot or GTFO.

13. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

That is unless you want dogs sleeping with cats, reigns of blood and fire etc.

blaquerogue likes this.
  14. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

1. Split us in two servers so everybody gets what they want! Richard already exposed that shards were a byproduct of sudden success of Ultima Online, not something intended. Selective multiplayer (and the Blessing of the Oracle, for this matter) will actually achieve that without the need of keep running two (or more) separate instances of the game. You'll never face an immune character in your roundabouts, because once you're adventuring, you won't meet with them. Why splitting the community in two when you have this solution?

dont told split them i just told separate them in different instances depending on how they are flagged people could meet in town. 2 times more house spots . happy community both sites would be happy pvp remains consensual and we can have full loot

at least all farming materials need to be dropped weapon and bandages and potions should be lootable fast and looting armor have a timer so it can be interruptet. when someone res he should have the looot remained in his corpse in his inventory if you die through con lost in pve

The system should give us reasons to fight each other, and to make sure death costs money without the need of you getting strip naked
    that robs every fun. i woudnt do pvp if i cant go rome and have a chance to come back to my village as a rich man. i woudnt be interested in pvp if i cant roleplay pvp. i cant play the bandit collecting taxes when someone farm infront of my house, im forced to murder him.

1. The economy is going to be unstable because non-PVPrs are going to farm out as much as they want! I really don't understand this point; to me it emerges from the irrational fear to an unbalanceable situation. I think it could be balanced (got plenty of ideas on my own), and i trust Portalarium enough to think they have also some ideas to cover this point. I acknowledge it needs to be addressed, but because it hasn't, we can't start shooting in the air.
    it totally destoy the economy , no armor crafter or weapon smith would make sense to skill him up if he can only repair stuff. it woudnt made sense to have a vendor selling armor sets.
    and when there durability is low and they break apart after 2-3 pvp rounds why not make the game full loot. it is just absolutly no fun and no reason to do pvp without loot , i could play chivalery or any other arena game if i cant roleplay pvp.

15. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

for me arguments i cant beleave the devs wrote them wow..... seems like they never played mmos just coded them. and i cant beleave they are behind tzhe mechanics they used in ultima onliune

in full loot game , there are so many different ways to win a war, its not all about who is the stongest in pvp.

for exemple about knowing there farm spots, prventing them to get gold, rich guys could hire other guilds, ,aking money with pvp xollecting taxes just some exemples.

16. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

It's hard to remember all 19 pages of this thread, so apologies if this is covered. I propose a simple solution:

People ought to be able to make two simple choices when they play. You should be able to modify these choices at any time.

1) Do you want to participate in PvP or not? If not, you're safe, wherever you go. Nobody can attack you. If so, proceed to next question.
    2) When you PvP, do you want no loot, or full loot? If you choose no loot, PvP with impunity. You lose a battle, you can't be looted. You win a battle, you can't loot. If you choose full loot, then you and your opponent(s) have the opportunity to full loot - whoever wins gets to loot the dead player. If there are multiple players, it's first come, first serve.

I can see using all three options - no PvP, no loot, full loot - at various times and in various circumstances.

blaquerogue likes this.
  17. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I'm confused, I am pretty sure that weapons and armor will degrade if you PVP or PVE....why would it make a difference to the economy in that regard.

18. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

There would be no reason to open yourself up to full loot when there is any risk involved. It's the same reason people will seek out gear that will not drop (soulbound) over the best possible gear. This is the same mind set that people have when they seek out the cheapest possible gear to avoid loss in full loot situation.

Full loot players will never wear their best gear. They will wear gear they do not care about. This not only hurts the economy. It turns crafting into a bland process of making equipment that the crafters do not care about.

There is no solution for gear that PvP full loot players will wear other then making that gear impossible to PvP without. Then it turns into the WoW style gear grind to be viable in PvP.

The economy is better when there is a motivator to use a diverse set of resources and crafting is more entertaining when rare resources are used to make worth wile end products.

Remove the full loot and the gear grind doesn't need to exist and craftering thrives.

19. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

If you opt for full loot, you're opting in with other players who are taking the same risk that you are. If you have inferior gear, you're more likely to lose but won't mind as much being looted. If you have superior gear, you're more likely to win but will regret being looted if you lose. So there's some balance there I don't think you're considering?

For me, I would PvP mostly without an option to loot, because 1) I suck at PvP lol, 2) the satisfaction I get from PvP is from the battle, not from the loot, and 3) I don't like having to replace stuff, buy stuff, re-equip, etc.

But some PvPers, a small minority of the total population I would think, will want to spice things up with full loot. Why not give the option?

As for the crafters, if there's a market for PvP gear (which I think would include BOTH low-end stuff AND high-end stuff), then it's good for the crafters. As a smith, I'm happy selling lower-end weapons and armor to PvPers, as well as enchanted items. I would argue that crafting would thrive more with full loot, than without.

blaquerogue likes this.
  20. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

Hello everyone! Wow this thread is getting long. I'm an open-PVP fanatic that doesn't want to impose my play-preference on everyone else, and I'm trying to find a happy balance with reasonable rewards through a little design concept discussion over here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ligious-declaration-reasonable-rewards.15435/

In this post, I begin the discussion at the root "why do PVPers need full loot?" and suggest an alternative reward. I would love to hear other's critiques and ideas. I honestly think there is a possible balance out there that encourages players to toggle for PVP, even if they don't want to fight. Thanks! Carry on. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.