Consensual pvp???? Stay a While and Listen Why this is no fun.....

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by gonzo9002, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

it can be quite a risk to approach a flagged person, most of the time they attack me, they probably think I'm coming to get them maybe and decide not to wait, regardless, i try not to hold fault or grudges especially at this stage of the game, i have found trying to befriend other flagged people while flagged to be a challenging endeavor but a rewarding one as well. and yes, I enjoyed hanging with you yesterday as well :)

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  2. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Maby its becuse im a women so others dont treat me the same as a man flaged for PvP, but I honestly haven't had much of a problem. I have only had one person try to attack me out of the blue. Surprisingly enough I managed to win. lol

Net and Moonshadow like this.
  3. Murdock

Murdock Avatar

Many PvPers have an odd obsession with playing female avatars. Some reason i've heard are;

1. i stare at the character all day, may as well watch a female body instead of a male.
    2. i like killing people as a female because the victim will feel more insulted.
    3. nobody will expect a female to do evil deed x.

At any rate, i don't think many PvPers are going to cut a female any slack...unless of course they're able to confirm gender through voice. Creepy :)

Keira OFaolain and Moonshadow like this.
  4. Net

Net Avatar

I have noticed manynon PvPers to use female avatar as well.

Some are females^^, but many are not, I am quite sure that the number one reason (for males) is the same though.

Anyway my experience with Open PvP is more or less positive, I was 'griefed' only by 9 people which is much less than I expected. Majority of PvPers I met were good guys who did not attack me when they met me.

Moonshadow and Keira OFaolain like this.
  5. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Well as I said i really havnt had any problems. In a way im kinda disappointed because I flaged just so i would be attacked. Im not going to learn to pvp by not fighting. Not saying come kill me over and over either... but fighting someone other then guildies who i know for a fact take it realy easy on me would be nice :)

Net likes this.
  6. Net

Net Avatar

*writes a note to kill Keira over only once*

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  7. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Yay :) only Kelsar has done so, so far. Other then the one random person i mentioned before.

Net likes this.
  8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Also if your pve then PVP cannot attack you, if you are PVP, and you dont like being attacked, then i ask you, why even choose PVP as an option? PVP is optional. I am an avid PVPr, not a Pk! I have been surprise attacked while setting skills and buying crap from vendors! It is just the life of a PVP, im sure when game is live, the guards would jump on a Pkr in town the minute he starting killing someone! Thats just my guess since these devs are not strangers to that type of action.
    What do i do when im actually trying to set skills or need to trade with vendors and i keep getting attacked? I go to single player online do what i have to do then come back to multi player, or i have someone guard me while im doing this stuff in multiplayer. Just another thing this game is trying to do, get people to work together! no harm in that and its a social interaction which is one of the highlights of this game.

9. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

its about we want open pvp in every zone with every player + proper economy + roleplaying ability + no fast travel in pvp world and no map ,hope they will drop bessed and unblessed players in separated intances in the future except towns.

i mean the game should get enough players to fill the pvp and non pvp hex ,some players like it more hardcore others like to have everything super easy mode , i mean how much players the game have per hex maybe 200 ??? we want other rules ,a more cautious world ,thieving and more. and pvpers might want to have a house aswell !!! and for sure not in a non pvp zone

10. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

Not we want - you want. This makes a big difference! SotA is designed to satisfy most people, not only you! If you like to play full PvP just flag for open PvP. If you don't like PvP just don't flag for this. If you like to follow a story, just follow the story. If you don't like quests but more to play in a sandbox style as a crafter you are able to do this.

This is a unique feature offered by SotA

no other game than SotA has the potential to cater all possible tastes for a rpg player. And this is a very big point and makes SotA so unique. And OK, we all have to make some compromises, but that's life! Even I needed some time to realize that ;)

Fox Cunning, Xandra7 and Duke Arradin like this.
  11. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

What you describe is a COMPLETELY different game. Design 2 different games, one for your play style and one for everyone else.

Proper economy - does this mean a well designed economy or does it mean an economy that props up your play style.
    Roleplaying ability - Roleplaying is independent of game mechanics. It helps when the mechanics support the roleplay of your choice but never should be at the expense of game play.
    Fast travel - currently there are methods to fast travel, are those going to be in the live game, probably not.
    No map - the map is very key to the entire structure of SotA. How could this possibly be removed without scrapping that structure and making a different game all together.
    Blessed/unblessed segregation - recently someone has been posting some quotes from RG about this. Shouldn't be a surprise that segregation is viewed as counter productive.

To give you what you expect is to create 2 totally different games. The longer the games run the farther in difference those worlds would be. The need for 2 different devs teams would happen.

12. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Reality is he wants the people in game that are not interested in being attacked.

All of us want super easy mode if we don't want full open PVP full loot....the logic in that statement is so flawed it's not even worth arguing.

Silent Strider and Net like this.
  13. AceBenSuited

AceBenSuited Avatar

So what you are saying is the town guard will kill you for attacking someone in a safe town? Sounds good to me.

14. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

You are right! The benefit of arguing is, that you can simply link for the next one instead of typing the same text over and over again ;)

15. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Will do that in SotA with the current design. The guards are turned off on purpose currently.

16. cariac

cariac Avatar

Can i get wild and savage pvp please ?

17. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

totally different games ??? just mentioned it would be best to separate pvp from pve players in different instances ,and some very easy 5 minute coding tweaks to make pvp world more interesting

by just tweaking the rules a bit that the pvp world would feel better for pvp ?
    most easy thing to do when you leave a zone it load the next tone without you being able to walk on the minimap + open pvp is what pvpers want and loot, at least me ,who was a big fan of ultima online

18. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

maybe , but because a lot of pvpers already call this game ..... and are not present here in the forum because they expected smth different from lord british

19. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

http://realmzero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=122

maybe this guy will make it who knows , wish lord british would have gone this way, ultima online in 3d !!!!! all skills copied !!!! , the map too XD with free aiming , is it a 1 man crew ? who knows but it looks interesting for me. anyone tested it ??

20. tcjennings

tcjennings Avatar

I've seen a lot of delusional statements in these threads, but this takes the cake.

This guy thinks "open pvp in every zone with every player + proper economy + roleplaying ability + no fast travel in pvp world and no map" is a 5-minute coding tweak.

I'm confused by most of these PVP threads. This is a selective MMO. From day one, the design plan is that you play alone, with friends, or with a small number of algorithmically-chosen strangers. Even without the flag, there is no non-consensual PVP, because if I don't want you to, you're not going to appear in my game at all !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.