OPEN PvP vs SELECTIVE PvP ** YOUR VOTE MATTERS ** [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Hexus, Dec 26, 2014.

?

OPEN PvP vs SELECTIVE PvP ** YOUR VOTE MATTERS **

1. OPEN PvP

39.4%
  2. SELECTIVE PvP

60.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Can people still zone on you? I thought they killed that ability!? Also keep in mind that the towns where you trained skills and crafted im like 99% sure will be no pvp zones or guards kill you etc.. We should all wait to see what happens when that goes into effect, im sure it will be totally different! Just for now be on guard, when one of my friends goes to train her skill, i stand guard in case anyone wants to get jiggy wit it! LOL Then i can attack them hopefully kill them and she can continue to train her skills!! Teamwork! is where its at right now and possibly forever, one pk will rarely attack if he/she is outnumbered it will be bad odds! If they feel confident enough to attack in a scenario like that oh well some lessons are hard taught! If they killed us off, then your pretty good there, got to give credit where credits due!! "Now let me get the rest of my friends and see how fast we put you down!!"

Keira OFaolain and Sir Cabirus like this.
  2. Net

Net Avatar

Yes, they can. Though I know them already and do not wait on being attacked by them anymore so it is hard for them to beat me that way... Their favourite tactic is to stack fireballs before attack and if I let them do that it is sure way to lose, so it is best to attack first. Besides I can use /nozone and it blocks them, I hope.

Well, I know things will change, I am just providing feedback on how I feel they should change. Just because I flag for PvP does not mean I want to play FFA deathmatch:)

3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Dont you Zone on me net!!!!!!!

Keira OFaolain and Net like this.
  4. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

Actually thats a damn lie and you know it, so does countless other people. Don't come on the forums spilling lies to people because you're salty that you've been killed countless times by me.

5. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Why not? Haha He hunts me all the time, granted its more of a game between the two of us but i see no reason you cant be joined into it :p

Net and blaquerogue like this.
  6. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Well, you really can't blame him for talking trash the second time, since you did kill an unarmed merchant (even if he was flagged for PvP) o_O

7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

My kind of play.....I applaud you for this. :)

8. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I am just getting a kick out of all the people that are getting attacked while having the flag on.....*chuckles*. Its all consensual, people will have different morals and play styles, and we cannot and should not impose our morality on others. Pretty simple. I do not attack people that are afk or at a skill trainer, but I have been attacked. Is it fair, no, is it consensual, yes.

9. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

Most of the open pvp crowd have already left here.
    If you have to join PVP then why have a criminal system which is the part of open PVP that I am for.

Rufus D`Asperdi likes this.
  10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Because the criminal system doesn't cover only PvP.

Net likes this.
  11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Love this thread... it's so... belief affirming.

12. XcomVic

XcomVic Avatar

Semper Fi Brother. 2001-2013 Here.

13. XcomVic

XcomVic Avatar

You mean you've never had to pee/poop EVER while playing a video game? There's no Pause button for MMOs....yet;)

Also, alt-tabbing to calculate, look at other builds, post on forums while at Skill Vendor... It's a thing. You are in the middle of building or rebuilding your deck, and you have the audacity to say that it's okay for someone to come and gank you while you're in the middle of doing that? It's not at all fair. And what pleasure it must give that little child that has to gank people while they are conducting official business in the game(or pooping). I mean, really? Is it gratifying ganking people while they can't even fight back? No chance whatsoever? They have their backs turned with no intention to PvP at that moment.

You can't just turn on/off PvP at a moment's notice. It requires some travel and talking to Oracle Blessing statue.

TL;DR: Being flagged PvP = all for random PvP, but not while you are at the Vendors in town or the damn AFK symbol is right by your name. Not everyone has or will have a home in the game. But it's pre-alpha, so there's still a lot of game mechanics when it comes to griefing that the devs haven't put into place yet.

TL;DR#2: Kids who PK while the other person is AFK/At Skills(or any other) Vendor = Lame and doesn't even require any skill. Please get better at PvP if that's the only way you can get kills. Because in a few months, you won't be able to do that anymore, so you might want to practice.

Sir Cabirus and Keira OFaolain like this.
  14. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I have seen various variants of the claim made especially to make it difficult to unPvP. I just don't see the value in forcing a player to stay in PVP mode more than 5 minutes (for the hit and run case) if they don't want to. Further, I hope it is equally as easy to turn PvP on, perhaps even immediate.

If it is too hard to (un)mark PvP there may be a lot less PvP players, missed opportunities for fun.

15. XcomVic

XcomVic Avatar

Actually kid, I think you attacked me once at the Skills Vendor and I was Melee and I did die, /clap /clap. Then I went to a skills trainer, redistributed to Magic, and proceeded to rekt you EVERY SINGLE time after that. I did it again at yesterday's tournament. So, you got me once, but I got you plenty more times, and so do my friends, every chance they get. Sucks being a terrible PKer/Griefer with a bad rep, no matter whose guild you join. You will never change, that much is apparent child.

TL;DR: You're the salty one Smokey, you're Kill on Sight for most and you aren't even good at PvP when it's a fair fight. #2ez

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  16. XcomVic

XcomVic Avatar

Uh, no, and I won't even bother typing out the true definition of "consensual", but I am educated enough to know that if I am AFK or at a Skill Trainer redistributing my skill points, that I am NOT saying "Hey all you bad PvPers/Griefers, COME KILL ME because you can't do it any other time!"

But, then again, this is pre-alpha, I am just trying to get them prepared for when they won't be able to PK/Grief others. Let them get some real PvP skills.

17. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

18. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Debates if I should be offended...

19. XcomVic

XcomVic Avatar

I thought you were getting better though! And I know OoV doesn't allow Griefing/PKing while AFK/Vendor/Spawns.

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  20. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Haha thats why i didnt "get " offended just debated it becuse i can :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.