Disruption of Events in PvP POT's...

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Cupid, Jun 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

I saw those types of actions too - and they did not SOLVE the problem, they just led to events taking forever while the fighting went on, and on, and on... because unless you are seriously impaired by death in pvp, you can dive straight back in and disrupt what other people are doing.

And as for the 'idiots' comment, people choose how they want to play, and they are no more 'idiots' for leaving a game that they find they do not enjoy, for whatever reasons they have, than you are an 'idiot' if you stop playing because it's not a game you enjoy .... very unnecessary insult to throw about.

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

This is where i thing having the ability to adjust respawn timers would be useful

3. Lacey

Lacey Avatar

ok so we tested if players block other players... they can still attack them as long as they lead off with magic not melee...

4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I take a lot of issue with this comment. Not all people enjoy exploiting game mechanics and it's supposed to be something that gets you banned, not mimicked.

The brand of pvp you're championing will drive people away from pvp. In fact, it's my belief that the reason pvp has been so slow to catch on here is because there are no controls and people quickly figure out that the rewards are not worth the risks. PVP is not fun in its current iteration. That's due to lack of the support from the development team, and frankly a complete lack of understanding of what makes a good GAME from some very vocal people in the community.

@Chris, Three years of development have produced what we have now. It's time to stop listening to the wrong people and start building a GAME that is fun to play.

5. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

My suggestion is to give a POT owner an instakill sceptre that only works in town.

xX_Lacey_Xx likes this.
  6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That would make people more upset than allowing them to ban people from the town. :)

I would not be in favor of that idea.

7. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I think port just needs to hire out side counsel to help impliment pvp, pots npc town pvp, bgs and arena style pvp. There are just way to many issues with pvp I realize its not recieved much attention but so far im not happy with the things ive heard/seen.

Topic specific I feel pots flagged for pvp should be open pvp. Pvp has always had griefing and attacks of opportuninty. Bdf wants the even matched pvp that should only be provided via arenas and battle grounds. These are my opinions based on the last 19years of only playing pvp games Ill admit im not a role player and I dont identify well with those events.

8. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Town owners will need to maintain a reputation if they want any visitors. A ban is invisible, turning someone to dust is not. If an owner gains a reputation for frying people on a whim not many will attend a function there.

As far as using it as a method of grief, at least it reduces the potential griefers from everyone to POT owners.

PK U likes this.
  9. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I agree 100%. Seems like you didn't understand the post. I'm addressing how to facilitate player driven events in a pvp town in a game that is pre-alpha. Hope that helps clarify things a bit.

I agree 100%. There is absolutely no reason to pvp besides pvp. I'm okay with that for a while. The best reward in pvp is killing the other guy. It's a lot of fun. :) There's nothing the devs can do to make pvp more enjoyable for a winner and rewarding losers is... well... lame :p

Balance, bug fixes, securing servers, anti-cheat methods, monitoring, and new skill development is where they'll be for a long time IMO. After that it's all gravy if you know what you're doing.

That is a hilariously cool idea. Like the crystal sword you can get an orb that only works once a real world month and only in your town... @Chris you gotta see this... I would totally use it on @Duke Lorimus every cooldown -.- LOL

10. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Yeah, I totally got where you were going with it... makes sense actually. I doubt it will happen but it's still a hilarious idea.

Minerva likes this.
  11. Lacey

Lacey Avatar

I totally want one!!!!

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  12. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Cry more and maybe they will create PvP PoT easy mode without PvP for you.

blaquerogue and Ravicus Sales like this.
  13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Pvp has received attention but mechanic wise, but the incentive is still a little lacking. Ive seen alot of open world pvp this release, and have heard of more stuff on the way that sounds interesting. I dont think blocking PvPers from entering PvP areas would help that much tho which is why i believe they made the decision to not allow PvP area owners to ban people.

Abydos and Minerva like this.
  14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I dont think thats the best idea but its alot better than allowing folks to ban people from pvp zones

15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I agree, the pot owner decided its a pvp pot. There for anyone entering should know they are at risk reguardless of guild or role play affiliation. I would like to see the town name in red though people should see easily the pvp towns.

blaquerogue likes this.
  16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Sorry my friend I dont agree with your pvp philosophy but I belive your statement has truth to it. Im of the opinion they should not listen to any of us reguard the pvp solution and Hire an expert. Keep in mind this isnt a kiddie only game and there are some of us who like both structued and unstructured pvp softcore and hardcore.

Violation Clauth likes this.
  17. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

I disagree on principle, disrupting an event should not be considered harassment. The slope is way too slippery, technically in a PvP zone anything goes players who enter have chosen to opt-in.

The flip side of opt-ing in is that is their can be loses, embarrassment, and getting pawned by a 14 year old who laughs at you, that's the reality of it. There is always going to be someone stronger than you, better than you, faster than you...and you're going to have to accept loses on occasion to those that are stronger, work harder, etc.

Now our community has established some 'norms' like respecting each others events and the like, but that doesn't mean that voluntary attitude by 99% of the current population should be mandated and written in stone and influence how the other 1% choose to play this game.

Again, what we asked for is reasonable tools to mitigate troublemakers OR to make damage stop going through walls, Earthquake, Chain Lightning, etc. then when we wall in an arena/event location it actually works.

V/R Brickbat

18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I just dont understand ? You get a PVP town, yet you dont want PVP in it? Bottom line is PVP is PVP no matter what form it is. Have guards at your events to PVP the PVPrs that come in to mess up your event. I understand its annoying, but you did pick a PVP town! The solutions are either turn your town Non Pvp, or have one PVP town and another non PVP for events if you dont want to pvp, or to have guards on duty at your events.

Minerva and Ravicus Sales like this.
  19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Fun to play is different for each person. So i cannot agree here with you. People play PVE,PVP. PKR, RP and what not, which is fun to them, personally RP is no fun for me I do however like PVE and PVP both are fun to me.

Roper Docholiday and PK U like this.
  20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Also you have to look at the bigger picture, how you treat people in the game and outside of the game can reflect on whether you become a victim. In PVP rule #1 is get used to dieing. Until your used to it you will always be upset at the fact that you lost a fight. Get revenge is a good boost for PVP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.