Feeling rather sick....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glimsharp, Aug 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks Glimsharp for sending a ticket to support. We'll get this cleared up for you! Apologies about the store being a bit confusing and possibly out of date here.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I noticed that the Knight Marshall home is now gone from the pledge page.

Ice Queen likes this.
  3. Wobba

Wobba Avatar

Wow. A lot of glods! IRL! I spended $65 an i just run about nuking [removed word by Berek] an people :D

But then, me guess me spended that in Archage easily.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2016
    Duchess Fionwyn likes this.
  4. Borinal

Borinal Avatar

I guess I'll have to take my fight to social media no one wants to help me. You guys need to make things clearer this is super confusing and is resulting in a lot of contention and hurt feelings.

5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Make a support ticket, like the other guy did. :p Or maybe Berek will pop in.

6. Murtera

Murtera Avatar

He already made a support ticket and they said they wouldn't help him. So the fact that they will help one but not another with the exact same issue is just odd.

7. Murtera

Murtera Avatar

The main issue, is that the store page still shows the house, there is nothing on the pledge page saying the house is no longer given, and all supporting links on the pledge page say you still get the house.

8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I didn't see anything that says this at all in this entire post. :) Good then!

9. Murtera

Murtera Avatar

Haha, sorry. RL friend :p

Fister Magee likes this.
  10. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Untrue. The house is not listed, and there is a note at the bottom saying homes and basements have expired.

11. Murtera

Murtera Avatar

Thats because they had JUST changed it. It was obviously there for the person that started this thread as well. It's not hard to change what is listed on the website as it did show everything and did not mention any expirations when the upgrade was made.

Milamber2 likes this.
  12. Murtera

Murtera Avatar

I know this to be the case as I was debating on upgrading as well so I was on that page a lot over the past couple days. In fact, I still have the original page up that shows nothing regarding the houses not being included.

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Actually, the expirations were previously listed at the top of the pledge store page.

Ice Queen and Sir Frank like this.
  14. Murtera

Murtera Avatar

The fact that they don't place any information on the actual pledge selection is the case. The only link they have in there, is for the 2015 update where people that were Ancestor or below would not receive all the houses that came below them. And that page stated that you would still get the house. If it was posted elsewhere, there is conflicting information in multiple sections regarding the pledges and links provided to give more information about the current pledge system. You can argue that it "was" there, but the fact remains that they are helping people that had the issue before they made the current changes, but not others.

Fister Magee likes this.
  15. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Everyone please calm down. We are working on a statement and a solution for all affected parties. Please be patient while we formulate this. Please rest assured we will resolve this fairly.

16. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I very much think is the time to have every pledge reward listed on our account pages so it's easier to tell what we're supposed to have as well as eventually a GUI in-game that says what has been claimed with a green checkmark and what items aren't yet released.

17. Murtera

Murtera Avatar

DarkStarr,

Thanks for the response and acknowledgement of our concern. I apologize for keeping it going for a while here, but just found it unsettling that one person was helped with the issue and another wasn't. Just wanted it cleared up :)

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I didn't mean that it was right, only that the information was there. I agree that they should only list the rewards that you will get when you upgrade (and it appears that they have now done so).

19. dallas

dallas Co-Founder Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We have made significant efforts to let all our backers know that all homes were expiring on July 27th. On January 28, 2016 we published the Final Wipe and Lot Selection post that announced the expiration of all homes from the pledges that would occur on July 27, 2016 [Correction: Original post stated August 1, 2016 as the expiration of all homes. That date edited on May 13, 2016 to state that home expirations would occur on July 27, 2016]. Since then, we announced the home expirations in every weekly update, and had a permanent post about it at the top of our website. Upon the expiration of all homes on July 27, 2016, we removed all references to those homes from the pledge descriptions on the pledge store, including an explanation of these expirations on the Pledge Information page linked to from the pledge store.

However, since the thumbnail used to link to the actual reward descriptions of a pledge still showed an image of the home that was expired, some backers felt this meant the home was still included in the pledge rewards, even thought it was not listed in the pledge rewards. We acknowledge this possible confusion and we changed those thumbnails today at 3:00 pm CDT to eliminate this possible confusion.

Therefore, due to this confusion, we will gift that singular home that was visible on the thumbnail to anyone that purchased a pledge prior to the removal of those thumbnails at 3:00 pm CDT August 12, 2016. The affected pledges that displayed a home included:
    • Edelmann
    • Knight Marshal
    • Lord Marshal
    • Duke
    • Lord of the Manor 2

Please submit a request ticket to customer service at support@portalarium.com and we will process these requests within 30 to 90 days from receipt of customer service request. If you have already submitted a customer service request regarding this matter then we will process it within the same 30 to 90 day time frame.

The only thumbnail that still displays the expired homes is the Lord of the Manor 2 pledge. We are still working to change that thumbnail, and until it is changed we will continue to gift the Lord of the Manor homes displayed to anyone that purchases the Lord of the Manor 2 pledge.

We apologize for the confusion and distress this matter may have caused some of you, and hope this resolves the matter. If this matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please report your concerns to Customer Service at support@portalarium.com

Appreciatively,
    Dallas
    COO/Founder, Portalarium

Stahlknecht, Saosis, Acred and 12 others like this.
  20. Borinal

Borinal Avatar

Thank you for listening, I completely understand that to some of you and definitely from the perspective of operating costs our investment is a drop in the bucket and maybe not even viewed as a direct investment. But for a lot of us, it's a huge personal investment and it's easy to feel under appreciated. It made me feel pretty crap to find out that I wasn't getting the house I thought that I had bought, the larger land is great, no doubt, but for me personally I loved the tower and that's why I upgraded.

I for one, have a very busy life and I have an extremely hard time reading through all the newsletters (not that I don't want to but I'm usually lucky to skim them or read bits and pieces and hope that I don't miss an announcement about final wipe or something) and the way that things are presented on the site were confusing to me personally to say the least. My interpretation of the wording that you have all been so kindly to point out left me wondering if I would lose my current backer rewards if I had upgraded, then it seemed like if you were upgrading you were okay, I never even realized that houses were pulled from the pledges. Maybe I need to read things better or ask more questions but I've been super excited about this game and felt like I was helping the people out making it and getting something awesome for myself. I just don't want anyone else to feel that way because I wasn't alone in that mis understanding regardless of if your organization is legally obligated or not, we can't forget that we're all people here sharing a common passion.

I was a bit of a **** about it and I apologize for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.