Amber Raine, of Avatars Radio, is "Feeling Improved" she CHERISHES your well wishes! Update pg 9!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brazen Spirituality, Jul 7, 2017.

?

How much has Amber Raine affected your life, in game or out?

1. She made me smile

45.7%
  2. She made me cry

10.0%
  3. She made my day

28.6%
  4. She helped me find my way

15.0%
  5. She helped me find a new friend (or more)

17.1%
  6. She made me want to dance

22.1%
  7. She introduced me to Avatars Radio, and opened a whole new world!

39.3%
  8. She was a good friend to me

20.0%
  9. All of the above, and more!

45.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

Hi, Amber,

I am glad you are out of the hospital now and have help to manage your illnesses. It must be emotionally trying for you and I'm sure that's an understatement. I have not met you in game and have only heard a few of your sermons on Avatar's Radio. I do remember attending Lacey's memorial in game and you giving a very beautiful sermon/eulogy for your friend (again another one of the wonderful personalities I have sadly not met in game). You have brought a lot to our community and I can imagine that you wish your symptoms could subside so you can get back to it and spread more of your positivity to those you know and to whom you have yet to discover. I wish you the best of health and a speedy recovery. Please don't feel down because of your challenges. Keep fighting the good fight. So many are in your corner in the real and virtual world. Keep shining that light!

2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am struggling with this post, and have rewrote it several times.

I believe in you and in my heart I am with you. I could say that you are a huge part of my SOTA experience, but that is but a fraction of the truth. When I read you, I read myself. When I hear you, I hear me. I truly love this soul I know as Amber.

I am fighting along with you. You can do it.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

this is so sad :( I feel for you dear Amber, you're too rare to die !!!

I have many friends who had similar combinations of illness sometimes with fibromyalgia and sorry if its not appropriate to say here but, cannabis has resolved most of their pain, helped them eat and they healed faster and slept better.

No they didn't smoke it, it was a pill given by the doctor... but they had to go to a private clinic.

My personal experience with cancer also made me very wary of the public health system, they always wanted to knock me out too... with opiates and noone wanted to even let me ask for the god given plant.

my friends had to smuggle it inside... and the doctors kept asking me why I didn't use any morphine. I didn't need it anymore...

4. Lace

Lace Avatar

Amber,

My first introduction to you was hmm was almost 3 years ago on your birthday no less. I shyly joined phoenix republic chat as I had only been playing the game a week or so running around hopelessly lost. YOU WERE SOOOOOOOO DRUNK and it made me know I would love this game ROFL!.

I miss your Saturday morning sermons, most of all, and the joy and enthusiasm you bring to each and every release party.

I hope the doctors can get medications settled out for you because Novia is a little less bright with out you.

Love
    Lace

5. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

6. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Hi Amber!

Unless you're living with progressive illness and chronic pain it's difficult for other people to really understand how much it affects you EVERY day. Doing things that sound simple to others, often are much more complicated for folks dealing with chronic pain. Things we always take for granted just take too much energy and it's difficult to focus on anything other than your pain. Then there's the side effects from the meds which add another layer of complications on top of your existing health problems. I'm supposed to be on fentanyl for chronic pain but can't take opiate type meds without getting severe reactions to them. I essentially boycotted marijuana for 15 years but after seeing my aunt deal with breast cancer, it was the only thing that knocked her pain down enough to allow her to sleep and have an appetite. I tried medical MJ over the last 2 years to reduce my pain level and I have to say it was a life changing event for me. Didn't realize MJ had pain relief properties. I don't use it all the time but when I do it gives me a break from my pain. It was also a peace of mind thing for me, was too scared to take the high powered opiate meds. I've heard there are medical MJ (CBD?) pain patches that can be effective for managing pain but haven't tried them yet. Just wish insurance companies covered it as a medication.

My family and I are sending positive thoughts your way and really hope you can find something that will work for you and bring you back to your normal self! Best wishes and hope you are able to recover soon! You're a huge part of the community and hope to see you back in game when you're feeling better!

Ancev

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh I'm so sorry to hear more of the struggles Amber Raine is having with her conditions. I am so much in favor of going natural as much as possible and avoiding side-effect laden medications when ever possible. My first step is always to look at natural ways to help myself if possible. So here is an article that gives a few ideas of some natural things if Amber is interested. Sending another wave of good vibes your way Amber Raine for some relief. Take care of yourself.
    http://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-for-lupus.html

8. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

Amber, again I am really hoping you the best in your recovery and hope you are back soon. You are obviously loved throughout this community and everyone here has their thoughts and best wishes in mind for you for a speedy recovery.

I can't re-iterate my previous point enough though about assistance and help; I can't personally imagine the pain and challenges you are currently going through right now (I count myself rather lucky health-wise), however if there is anything you need from this community please reach out (No matter how small). If there is one thing I have learned is that this is a very strong community of people who are there for one another and ready to help out those in need where possible. Please get well soon!

9. Spartus

Spartus Avatar

Absolutely--thanks for putting this in context, Ancev. Reminds me of the poem:

"Don't sneer at the man who is down today
    Unless you have felt the same blow
    That caused his fall or felt the shame
    That only the fallen know."​

I don't know you Amber, but I just played your recent podcast and read the transcript, Church of The Dark Star - Life, The Universe And Everything because of everyone's well-wishes.

I can tell that you believe in the importance of what you are saying and was quite surprised to see segments of profound meaning:

Oddly, it does have significance to me. You had dwelled on 42 and Hitchhiker's Guide a lot in that podcast, and just hours before I played it, I was digging through some old memorabilia and you know what I found? Zaphod Beeblebrox signed his name in a book that I had stored away since 1985... Yes, the real Zaphod (Mark Wing-Davey). I had forgotten all about it because I was so star-struck with Dr. Who at a convention at the time and poor Mr. Wing-Davey was in time... He ended his signature with "Z----d B-------x hey! hey! hey!"

It was serendipitous and a bit eerie and prompted me to write this post.

I enjoyed your podcast, and there are many people, myself included, currently focused on your well-being. Relax and direct that positivity inward if you can; the body has an enormous capacity to self-heal. Do you know what I like to do before I go to bed if I am not feeling well? Read NDE (near-death experiences) stories, not because they are morbid, but the exact opposite. They are almost all wonderful stories of life, healing, hope. My favorite site is http://www.near-death.com/, and I also enjoy the writings of P.M.H. Atwater.

10. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I've learned a lot more about you here in this thread, Amber. You are truly loved by these many people. You're a sister to many of us. I wish I knew you better than this, but perhaps we'll have a chance to get to know one another more some day! As others have said, it is hard for most of us to really relate to what you're faced with right now, but positive thoughts are certainly important. The human brain is truly a fascinating thing. Be strong, and come back to us here some day soon.

11. Brazen Spirituality

Brazen Spirituality Avatar

Dear Fionwyn, Thanks for making me cry lady! :)

12. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Brazen, it's hard to help remotely...to take up someone else's suffering and try to ease their pain. I cannot hold Amber, I cannot stroke her hair or give her a smile. My hope was that the music would touch her and convey my deep desire to be in the trenches with her and help hold her head above water. I view this thread as the community forming a human chain to let Amber know we are pulling for her. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have had the opportunity, so I have to thank you.

Amber had a dream - the dream of Avatar's Radio. We are all able to be a part of her dream and that is a beautiful thing. :) If the song touched your heart Brazen, then you hold her dream in the palms of your hands and you cherish it.

I want with all my heart for Amber to keep shining, to keep dreaming. Life is always better with the dreamers adding that unexpected touch of color to what can sometimes be the drabness of day-to-day life.

13. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

I'm sort of getting on a bit now and I have been where you are in great pain for long periods of time, time that amounted to years. It got so bad I even thought about ending it all. It was at that time, one day, whilst sitting on the toilet in agony, I looked up to the heavens and asked God for his help with the pain. All I wanted was to find somewhere I could be, some position I could sit/stand or lay in, where I wasn't in constant pain. It was sincere cry for help and he didn't disappoint. Thirty years later I am still pretty much pain free, everything else remains, but the pain has gone. Thank you God. x

14. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Amber, I posted a while back and now it's time we talked again. This thread is how I reach you right now and I don't mind millions of others hearing what I say.

Hey Amber...
    • Final Launch is coming in a few months! We are always listening to AR to get the latest scoop on things!
    • Seed Invest will make Portalarium a publisher so SotA will live on for many decades! Huzzah!
    • Your Church of the Dark Star in PaxLair is great - Sean takes care of it - we play there, learn there, and think about you often! More of your Churches in Novia -- well used -- you made a great network of people coming together!
    • I'm fishing ... oh in real life too! I can share more when I catch the big one! or I create the tale of how it got away!
    Amber, my friend, be strong and know I and all your friends are here. We talk to you, we feel you, you feel us, and we will see and hear you again soon!

Tell us what you think -- not just the pain or symptoms, but your ideas if you can. We need your help, your wisdom, your thoughts, your advice so we can be better people ... just like through your Sermons.

You are in my thoughts every day. I will return here to "talk to you" as often as I can! I enlist others to tell you what's going on in their guilds and communities too. You've touched us all.

Your friend,
    -- Winfield

15. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Amber, there are no words to express how disappointing it is that you are getting worse instead of recovering as we had all hoped. You are so loved! Take a break from being an inspiration and pillar of our community and do whatever you can do. Right when Release 4 went live I had the mother of all MS attacks and wound up being hospitalized until this time of year that year. When I was first admitted to the hospital I was a wreck. It was like being a baby. I couldn't even feed myself or read my computer screen because things were so blurry or spinning. I was sitting in some exam room silently praying for death when some member of the staff walked over to me an asked if she could use the blood pressure machine next to me and I thought it's not like I could stop you. So, I just said "No." (Yes I am a smart-ass even at a time like this.) She quickly apologized and darted out of the room. Would you believe that I spent the rest of my time before I was transferred to rehab trying to track that person down so that I could apologize!? My inappropriate sense of humor gets me in trouble sometimes. I hope that you don't get in as much trouble as I did. (I still haven't found the person who wanted that blood pressure machine!) We are all better for having known you.

16. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Well wishes. In your honor. PvP. For all those interested....$10 store credit for the time that I am on. Find me. Kill me. Bring me my skull. Trade me my skull for $10 credit (Yes, I am willing to die multiple times). First person to bring me my skull ONLY. All others, you get my appreciation. ;)

I am bringing friends.

Only from now (11:50 pm ET) until I pass out. Cheers @Amber Raine!

@Vox Aquila DEFEND ME!

EDIT: I will stick to PvP zones only.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  17. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Now that it is almost a month since Malpractice's death I can use a bit of humor and I figure that by now you can too!

So here's some quirkiness from Felicia Day & Jed Whedon :

And to resurrect an oldie moldie! :

And an insane amphibian! :

Love Ya!!!! HUGE HUG!!!!!!!!!

18. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

19. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Hi Amber ... wishing you a speedy recovery .... a pain free one.... have you thought about Medical Marijuana? My Brother has stage 4 Cancer of the liver, he is on Medical Marijuana because they can 't do anything more for him . My brother said the exams have stopped getting worse and is getting better. I know Lupus isn't cancer, but it is also been very effective in managing the discomfort. It is worth looking into... Again, I pray that you get well soon.

20. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Oh no Iam so sorry to hear that you are unwell. I wish you with all my heart a speedy recovery. Love Cassandra

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.