1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot Selection Sequencing

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TroubleMagnet

TroubleMagnet Avatar

Can we count on a response to how the bonus pledge amounts will effect lot selection, both for this past sale an any future sales before release? My concern is that within a category (Founders vs. Founders and Benefactors vs. Benefactors) the sales seem to have created the following unfair (at least in my mind) situation:

Fred Pledges to the Citizen level ($500), Joe pledges to Adventurer ($40). Fred upgrades to Edelmann for $50 when it is released. Months pass, the sale starts and Joe upgrades to Citizen for $460 and after it ends he gets $69 in bonus pledge money, bumping him up to Edelmann with $19 over. At this point Joe has spent $500 and Fred $550, both get the same rewards, and Joe is $19 closer to knight and likely will get to pick his lot before Fred. (Assumes the final pledge amount matters as a tie breaker at the same tier as we were told near the end of the KS) Note this can apply to two Benefactors as well, and possibly at different levels as well, haven't done the math. Fred is wondering why he spent $50 more, early on, for the same thing Joe is getting and Joe gets a bit ahead of him in the great SotA land race. Note if Fred had not bought Edelmann then he would have spent the same as Joe for a lower pledge level.

2. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

That's the official word.

3. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

I'm just so happy to be able to play and place a house somewhere and have fun exploring a new world ...I wish the game was launching tomorrow cause I would so be calling out of work lol

So relax people its all going to work out

4. TroubleMagnet

TroubleMagnet Avatar

I can read. This is a closely related issue the is also somewhat dependent on their later clarifications on lot selection order. I would like to know it will be included when they have answers, hopefully before the next sale.

5. Duke Steele

Duke Steele Avatar

Thanks for the update Starr. That helped clear up any confusion I was having. Appreciate it.

6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

when will other lots become available? (this may have been addressed but i couldn't find it? and whats an estimate of price of those other lots, city etc...? real money and in game gold?

7. Kuno Brauer

Kuno Brauer Avatar

As for availability, not sure if I get your question, because right from the same paragraph you highlighted red:

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yeah but is that any lot or just the village ones? Im looking more towards the city lots and above village ones. I dont think that the in game pricing has been mentioned for the village or above lots? I was also guessing when the other lots open they will be in the add ons store as well.

9. Kuno Brauer

Kuno Brauer Avatar

I see now what you meant by other lots.

I have no idea, but I'd expect lots above village to be quite expensive and limited in availability, but that's just a guess.

deryk likes this.
  10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yeah unfortunately id expect that too, but if the game turns out really good it may be worth it then! (crosses fingers!)

11. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

And what happens if a Founder upgrades his pledge?
    Will that Founder then become a Benefactor? Or will the Founder gain all Founder rewards of the higher tier he upgraded to as well?
    I.e if a Duke Founder would upgrade to LoTM, would the Founder Duke also get the castle with keeps, titles and all the Founder rewards for the LoTM tier?

12. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

The latter.

crachazz likes this.
  13. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Once a founder always a founder. Upgrading to just makes you a founder of that new pledge level.

crachazz likes this.
  14. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

This is correct until April 7th, 2014. After that, we do not yet know what will happen.

15. CCarpenter

CCarpenter Avatar

I pledged first as a Founder for Ancestor. I upgraded to Edelmann. As a Founder the Title should be hoher Edelmann. In my account is just shown Edelmann. Will i be now a Benfactor?

16. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

No, you retain your Founder status even if you upgrade to a higher tier later. It's based on the date of your initial pledge :)

Jambo, Time Lord and Koldar like this.
  17. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

Yes, but you don't see that money talks is something this game is leaning really close to more & more. I don't want to say PAY 2 WIN but it will be brought up if the path continues.

So if your willing to pay more RL cash then someone else can you will get (BETTER):

-HOME
    -& BIGGER LAND
    -UNBREAKABLE TOOLS

-If they start offering weapons and armor that doesn't break or has bells and whistle that are more then COSMETIC, that is not what I want to see at all..

Everything will be harder and more of a grind for any player that does not pay a little extra to make in game life better.

I was talking yesterday and someone said City Size lots will be crazy expensive in game and when you think players are paying 3200$ RL cash for them now, they have to be a fortune in game so if you EVER plan to be on a city lot YOU BETTER get it now. I have already faced reality I will never own a city plot. But maybe Town :) I will probably upgrade to KNIGHT if game progresses smoothly.

Kinda sucks knowing there is limits in the game without a bigger rl cash flow but I will do fine and make a good in game living some how.

The way I see it, not taking advantage of these deals in the STORE now will have you suffering later.

FOR THE RECORD: I bought all the goodies the store had to offer. And will continue to. I am no dummy I will be ready day 1 with everything :) And I am a KS backer so with my current spending and when I upgrade to Knight I should get a pretty decent pick of my land plot I hope.

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  18. rild

rild Avatar

I think that, so far as I understand it, the lot selection sequence makes perfect sense. There is no distinction made between specific dates, only between stages of pledges (Founder & Benefactor). It was always known that Kickstarter backers could upgrade their pledges in the future - this was one of the smartest perks offered during the whole campaign, and I know lots of people pledged early bc they knew they could secure a place as a Founder and raise their commitment level at a later date.

Likewise, a player can do the same by pledging as a Benefactor now (not to mention the payment plans).

Anyway, I just think it all seems rather fair and relatively uncomplicated.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

$800 Knight
    Includes All Rewards from EDELMANN Level!

(Property deeds and duplicated rewards limited to 1 per pledge)

REWARDS:

• Rent free, Village Level Property Deed, transferable between players
    • A special, commission free Vendor!
    • Unique, upscale Benefactor Knight's home!
    • A 2-Story, Village Stone Basement
    • Available only to backers, a unique Benefactor Knight's piece of furniture, as a digital, in-game decoration for your house.
    • Your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Sir/Dame" and "Knight" to be proudly displayed for all to see (title visibility controlled by player).
    • Special Benefactor Level plaque as a digital, in-game decoration for your house
    Just a village property...its Lord
    $1600 Lord
    Includes All Rewards from KNIGHT Level!

(Property deeds duplicated rewards limited to 1 per pledge)

REWARDS:

• Rent free, Town Level Property Deed, transferable between players.

Hempy Do`Herben likes this.
  20. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

I really like the Knight Package for me. It is expensive but not insanely crazy. I just can't do 1600$ for Lord. I have 1 yr old Daughter and her Mom. 800$ I can swing without much guilt :)

What I am hoping is in game TOWN size lots will be within reason to obtain. Then I will use that for my Knight home & my Village lot for some money making endeavor hopefully.

deryk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.