230 Dots "POTs"

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Razimus, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Sometimes, I get tired of leading by example. I also get tired of people dismissing and disrespecting other community members.

rune_74 likes this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I totally understand that. Sometimes I make mistakes too. It's hard to lead by example, and the internet doesn't really appreciate it.

Duchess Wyldemane likes this.
  3. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

This is a really unfortunate comment. Unfortunately for you. Why would you even say something like this? This is not constructive, nor is it enlightening. It's ponderous.

4. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

Disrespecting other community members.... like your previous comment "EDIT: I see you are a member of MGT. Your comment makes sense now." I'm not seeing where the strength in your argument lies.

5. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

I'll not eat you if you apologize for the ridiculous MGT comment. I assure you that I am not disrespecting you at all. I think your concern is valid! I'm just saying I don't see it. Seriously! Your concern is valid! I don't have anything to say sorry for. It wasn't an attack. I can tell you however that you will be headlined in a book that tells how to serve friends for dinner. Do you have a preference of how you would like to be eaten?

6. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Well, perhaps it was. Perhaps I was stepping out of line when I included the entire guild with that comment.

In fact, I will retract it.

Unfortunately for the community as a whole, I have experienced MGT members being rude and obnoxious on multiple occasions. I do realize that this undoubtedly does not extend to the entirety of the guild. So, I take it back.

But my response to Dinsoo still stands. His comment was unprovoked, dismissive, and rude.

7. Drocis the Devious

I just want to make sure this screen shot isn't overlooked.

Does anyone else feel like they need to be able to turn POTs off after this example? I mean, how much more obscure and unintrusive could they be?

Duchess Wyldemane and Kara Brae like this.
  8. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

What comment do you refer? I assure you I would never be dismissive of another opinion and if I have given you that impression I am sorry.

9. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Apology accepted.

Cookies for everyone.

10. smack

smack Avatar

I would like this option too. And we have to consider the new user experience who have no idea what POTs or PRTs or NPC towns are. They want to find the story NPCs and go do their quests. There's already been numerous threads from new players who said they mistakenly visited POTs thinking they are NPC towns and get frustrated with the game when they can't find the NPCs to talk to.

I think the way they've depicted POTs on the overland map is a good start but needs a more clear distinguishing visual indicator you are about to enter a town that has nothing to do with the main story campaign. Sure, there is a "Governed by" text but again, new players have no idea what that means.

rune_74 and Atmosfear like this.
  11. Drocis the Devious

So you think POTs should have a special identification symbol to contrast what is already there for NPC towns that are part of the story?

I like that idea. I would like my city COAT of ARMS to be shown on the map.

12. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

You might want to rethink this statement in a public forum. As a member of leadership in MGT, I have not heard of any misconduct. It's easy to place a blanket statement about alleged misconduct, but it as far as I'm concerned your statement is tripe. I've not heard from you in game about any misconduct. I don't recall anyone named Bubonic with any issues regarding MGT. I don't know who you are, nor do I know where you come from. If you're going to allege conduct that is unbecoming, then I suggest you speak with me about details instead of spreading your poorly disguised rhetoric.

13. Drocis the Devious

You should probably ask him to give you examples BEFORE you tell him it's rhetoric. ;)

14. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

:p

15. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

It isn't rhetoric, it is me reacting to previous encounters with MGT members. I have already retracted my generalization, and I have no interest in going back and finding examples. Dinsoo and I have contacted each other and made peace, as far as I'm concerned the matter is closed.

Thadeus Crook [MGT] likes this.
  16. smack

smack Avatar

Coat of arms would be cool too if it were a toggle. But that implies NPC towns don't have them in some way? No idea, we know very little of the town lore. I'm sure the devs or others can come up with even more neat ideas to clearly show NPC town vs. POT, or even PRT. Like I said banner for NPC towns is a good start, but even I don't like the banners that much and wanted to toggle those off for all NPC towns.

17. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Bubonic is being served with soy sauce. All is good. All apologies accepted. We will eat with a good heart on the plate.

18. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

Well alrighty then. That is a great thing. As a member of MGT, you haven't made peace with me. In fact, you probably need to make peace with MGT in general. Your statement was uncalled for. I suggest you refrain from making comments like that in the future. It doesn't help your case.

19. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

So a retraction isn't good enough? Ok then, suit yourself.

*shrug*

20. Drocis the Devious

Give it a rest. Bubonic offered you an olive branch, take it and move on. (That means make peace and walk away) Sheesh, the internet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.