Banned from Universal for liking pvp and not apoligizing for it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raistlin77, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

If people were not intentionally trying to disrupt the event and creating a hostile mentality, maybe his ******** comment that he said was suppose to be a joke, would have been taken as a joke. But when people are already in a hostile mentality, it is a lot easier to misinterpret the joke as something hostile. Do you not see this in real life all the time?

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

And there is the other side of the story. He was warned.

3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

So were you "Banned from Universal for liking pvp and not apoligizing for it." or for calling a group of players C@rebears (whether you were joking or not)?

I'm confused as you seem to state it's the one but describe it being the other...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Boris Mondragon and Mac2 like this.
  4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

WTH why is your font so big?

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Because of the size, obviously... :confused:

6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

You sarcastic basterd, I love you LOL

7. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

So @Mac2 basically you're not saying anything since it could or could not happen and your comment has not added anything useful )) so it might have been better not to say anything?
    try to beat someone and then blame the hostile mentality when you talk to police --- you will understand that the cause will be you to have beaten him and not him to have created a hostile mentality ))

8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

DUDE, have you never seen a court case of a person who murdered their spouse? And I have seen my friend got off from nearly beating a person to death because they broke into his car. This stuff holds up in court for a reason hence why we have court cases, cuz its not always black and white.

9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

This is also why police question people and try and get the full story, and not just from the people involved, they try and get information from people who just saw it happen. There is a HUGE difference between someone who just randomly beat the crap out of some person for no reason, and a person who beat the crap out of someone cuz they hit their kid with a car.

10. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

We must be careful not to put everyone under the same umbrella when we talk bad about others here, because we are all part of this community.

The frustration we saw today from some players is something real, probably they did not take the best path to communicate what they want but the pvp needs his own space in this game....maybe that's what pvpers have been asking for.. for a long time, so we can, finally, stop fighting in forums and focus on pvp ingame.

When these things happen is when we should be ready and willing to row in the same direction. And let us not forget that if this game had never had this community....this game would never have existed.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  11. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Taking away a player item that costs money to replace is pretty scummy devs (doesn't matter how cheap). I'd suggest replacing it for him and putting in a mechanic for staff to temporarily mute people in future.

12. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Sounds like some people were clearly being very disruptive to an event that was really trying to give the community something fun. That is sad in and of itself. At any rate, there is no way a player was able to take away your orb. Since this is really a Port monthly event that players now help plan; it is pretty clear that they may be to blame and not the players here. Your title alone I would place as inflammatory let alone a word that is very commonly used as derogatory in normal society. Even if you didn't know it was something you shouldn't say.. you clearly used it as "name calling". In all that is described there was clearly no one even partially attempting to battle against PvP players.

13. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Charging money to be able to talk in a game is a crime. People are paying money to use chat. < - - - - WOW

MrBlight likes this.
  14. Raistlin77

Raistlin77 Avatar

Yes I called someone aDevotee Mammalian Carnivora (I would refer to it that way from now on as altering a banned words name is against the tos)

When I posted this originally I thought I was banned for arguing, as the discussion progressed I realized that calling someone a Devottee mammalian Carnivora is an actual insult, and not the tounge in cheek jest I thought it was. I did not realize How prone grown men and women in this community can be to getting their feelings hurt, and I apologized many times for the comment. If you can be bothered to read the whole discussion (and I wish you would) you would know that the issue is I was not given a chance to correct this heinouse insult in game but banned indefinately from the channel with no official notice. If this doesnt bother you it should.

Basicly this event was ameture hr and I paid a price for making jokes. This has been a good experience for me, I can see by your uninformed comment along with some of the other (some) what our community is about. Dont worry Im not an event guy, so you wont see me "standing in any street" I thought I would branch out since Im new, I got a good read of how this game is being run

BTW couldnt a passive agressive question such as you asked be considered a tacid form of insult? My feelers were a little triggered by that, hold on tight to your orb :D

It should also be noted that in general I wasnt calling anyone anything aside , I was basicly just commenting on the whiny nature of some players.

Censorship reigns supreme in new Britttainia, got it!

MrBlight likes this.
  15. Raistlin77

Raistlin77 Avatar

I went to a parade one time irl and they had these barriers up because the police new that people were human and prone to mistakenly wander somewere they shouldnt, we all had a great time and no one got banned. It was awesome!

AKA ask any real dev how chaotic it can be to have an event. Lord British himself got OWNED at an event because he didnt turn on invulnerability lol, did he bann the player and cry that pvp happened in an event that he mishandled? Nope he had his gaurd unleash a horde of freakin demons on everyone and turned it into an epic moment in UO history and made himself more accessible to his people.

This is what gets soo annoying, and why I was making fun, blaming players for being players, they werent greifing they were distracted by the fun and not watching the chat window....IIII was not on the street and I got banned because I was still flagged, simple mistake, no love lost to the organizers, but turning it into griefing is silly. Since we can ban words can we ban greifing? Thats a general cop out for "I cant controll what someones doing" Did they aggro an ore noed? did they run around sayin "make me get out of the street nub" nope, the event didnt go the way the organizers wanted it to so they turned it into a vendeta agains pvp. PVP sells thoough, I didnt come to a UO clone expecting arena tiers and battle grounds but I hope the team at least respects pvp because some of the p[layers dont and its toxic

Allow people to flag at your event expect mayhem
    If you want to restrict players from an area fences are your freind. Just sayin

Dhanas and majoria70 like this.
  16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

What is an "ameture" ?
    The organizers didn't take your orb. Your beef is with Port.

17. Raistlin77

Raistlin77 Avatar

18. Raistlin77

Raistlin77 Avatar

Yea I'm the first person on the internet to have a typo. Grats too you, that was so useful!

macnlos likes this.
  19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Didn't realize it was a typo, thought it was a word I wasn't familiar with....
    Sorry.

Oh, and did you notice the part where I said:

20. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Port took the Orb... maybe it’s in their office... I mean Atos’s Gargage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.