Best crowdfunded game vote on mmogames.com

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Korim Rackham, Dec 13, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManaPlow

ManaPlow Avatar

Wahoo! I had no doubts that we would! :)

2. Arthur Ironfist

Arthur Ironfist Avatar

I wonder how much money that domain made from everyone going to it multiple times a day to vote... Hopefully the win translates into something tangible for SoTA. Grats on the victory!

Numa and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  3. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I think this is the true place you all want SotA to be nominated :

http://thegameawards.com/

I think you freak out far more as a Dev if you land there

But the Rules there are lets say a little more substantial

But i did vote on mmorpg.com

Numa likes this.
  4. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Typical comments on the site though. Im really surprised that Starr let people troll him (and responded), I have always been impressed with his ability to deflect trolls.

6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

He actually enjoyed comments PvP very much. Although, it could have end in a cooler way if he would have just replied, "don't lawyer me, bro."

Kabalyero likes this.
  7. Numa

Numa Avatar

The same reason why CoE had the very same thread pushing people to vote on their forums. If that reason is valid enough for CoE (I don't see anyone bashing them for doing it) then it's valid enough for SOTA.

Kabalyero likes this.
  8. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

I see. So, basically, if someone wasn't around at the exact moment something was discussed, the first time, in a thread... it should never be raised again, discussed, commented on, etc? Hmmm, not sure that's how forums work.

Perhaps you need to take a step back and consider, OK, there's a subject you discussed with some people days before but, if someone else wants to say something, they're allowed to, without being told, "that was already discussed".

Xandra7 and Ice Queen like this.
  9. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

No, what I'm saying is that you came into an existing thread and basically brought the discussion back to the beginning without bothering to read the earlier discussion. If that's what you want to do, then just start a new thread.

Blake Blackstone and Numa like this.
  10. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Happy New Year!!!! Hope them resolutions going well all!!

Numa likes this.
  11. Numa

Numa Avatar

This contest is over, SOTA won. Let's just move on. @Berek can I request that this thread be closed? I think it has run its course.

12. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Nope, we're not going to let two overtake a normally positive thread with bickering. I've removed the posts and warned. You know who you are.

Please, continue with the topic.

Numa likes this.
  13. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Grats on the win!

Does it concern anyone that there has been a net loss of pledges(Im not sure how) of -18 since August 24, 2016? I know there will be no marketing or web design to draw in new players. I wonder what the strategy is moving forward to get new people to pledge and come to the game.

Source:
    Campaign Stats

Kaisa, E n v y and Numa like this.
  14. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

That doesn't concern me. There's likely recalculations. I can see there was -36 on November 10 - possibly people who had multiple bundles on the same account or something. There's multiple days throughout that have -ve numbers.

It has been reiterated there is no marketing at this time to draw in new players. They're waiting for the game to be in a certain state of completeness before pushing the marketing.

I do hope to see reiterations on the web design before then however. (Your post seems like it should be in it's own topic if you have questions about marketing or how those site recalculations work however, I don't see how it relates.)

Bow Vale likes this.
  15. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

I posted here because it's about being the most anticipated game.

I know that the negative number might be there from merging accounts etc. but it's still concerning that there have been so few new pledges. We're discussing a 4 month period here and after the major shift to persistence.

The tell tale sign of progress isn't ppl multi-voting in a poll but actually adding players. I guess you are right about them not actively attracting players bc that is the case. I just wonder if that's a good strategy.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Numa likes this.
  16. Numa

Numa Avatar

Blake Blackstone and Bow Vale like this.
  17. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Is the pledge number still even relevant after August 2016? The new bundles don't seem to get included as pledge number on that spreadsheet column as there are way more than 11 bundles being purchased since the expiration of pledges.

18. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

This entire conversation is completely off topic from the OP btw, but why should we care about that? :)
    The numbers may not tell the whole story though depending on how you look at them.

From Steam Charts...
    [​IMG]
    Of course this doesn't tell us how many people are playing on the stand alone client, and I would guess the numbers there follow a similar path but that's just a guess.

I'm not concerned about this however, for many of the reasons already stated above. We're not advertising, the game hasn't launched yet, we're still in development, and we don't run this as a business Portalarium does. So as fans our only concern "should be" in my opinion that we have enough players to warrant keeping the lights on, and we do. We also need these people for testing purposes.

Personally I love this game, I think it's a lot of fun right now, but I have a high threshold for bugs and incomplete systems. I realize that this is a work in progress and Rome wasn't built in a day (or 3+ years even).

Are the numbers of new subscribers going up? I don't know. It would be nice if they were, but it's really not that important to me that they are or they aren't. Because the bottom line is that we'll either have great game that more people will want to play or we won't. And we're not going to know if that's the case until it happens or it doesn't. What's happened to date is not in any way an indicator of what will happen tomorrow or the next day after that... How do I know? Because that's how life works, you have to show up each day to find out what's going to happen. So until that day they turn the lights off, I'll just continue to have fun.

The numbers don't really matter, yet. What matters is that we make a great game, and we're doing that.

19. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Agreed. Point out a concern here and there and people overreact, label you a hater, etc. It's one thing to love a game, but quite another to White Knight it to the extent that what is happening right now gets totally ignored. That helps no one.

And the greatest irony is that one day, when the inevitable has happened, the White Knights will point at people who highlighted the issues and will shout, "You made this happen!" still unaware that ignoring the problems was the actual cause.

Ice Queen, Atmosfear, Kaisa and 2 others like this.
  20. Numa

Numa Avatar

I don't think you're trolling at all Blake and I certainly don't doubt your numbers. It's very possible that the influx seen by the Hospitalers is offsetting but not reversing the current trend. Like you, I very much want to see SOTA succeed - there is still hope.

Blake Blackstone likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.