1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Breast Cancer Charity Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by dallas, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

You realize there is a full wipe coming in April. Unless those got account bound without me hearing about it... you might want to rethink your decision.

2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

they are account bound

3. dallas

dallas Co-Founder Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I think it's half gone already, Jack! Been a looooonnnggg night! :)

4. Shortina

Shortina Avatar

Love this idea for a charity. I lost an aunt to breast cancer way too young at 41 and my sister-in-law is also loosing her battle at 35. So you have my thanks and my support.

5. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Can I use this to dye my Avatar's hair by any chance?

"Use this rare Countach Pink Dye on dyeable clothing, hats, armor, etc. Contains 12 individual Countach Pink Dyes, one use per dye."

6. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

My step-brother is going to have euthanasia today... Final stages of cancer, all they can do is pain-suppression, but the amount of morphine needed to successfully do that would be lethal by itself...
    (He's not much more than skin and bones by now, except where the tumors are... Those are very visible by now!)

7. Hermann von Salza2

Hermann von Salza2 Avatar

Fantastic idea. My wife had cervical cancer. She beat it thank the Lord. ANYTHING that helps fight this horrible monster is a fantastic thing in my book! Kudos to you all!

8. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

And we appreciate it! :)

Sean Silverfoot, Gaelis, Mata and 3 others like this.
  9. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@dallas I really appreciate the effort put into The Breast Cancer charities. Thank you.

Mata, Wilfred, Ice Queen and 2 others like this.
  10. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@Bodhbh Dearg: I'm so sorry to hear about your step-brother. That makes my heart hurt for you .

11. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Thanks... It's OK, he's had many more months already than they gave him...
    First he wouldn't reach new year 2015, then he wouldn't last until the summer, then we had to count of having to say goodbye before Xmas... In all he's had over 2 years more than they gave him. Esp the last 2-3 months we already knew it'd be any day now...

I feel most sorry for his wife. She's Russian and came over for him, and now she'll be left alone, as all of *her* family is in Russia still... And since they live on the other side of the country, the only ones close there are his estranged sister and mother, both of whom have disavowed the rest of the family. (They even refused to say their final goodbyes to him now it's the definite end!)

12. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

That is indeed sad that the mother and sister don't even realize that after today there will be no opportunity to say good bye! When I had my bone marrow transplant due to breast cancer I was give only a 10% chance of living 5 years without the stem cell and 25% chance with the transplant yet I am here over 15 years later. It is with gratitude that my life is full and continues to be. When I saw your post it just brought back so many hard memories and although my situation certainly is different than yours my heart aches because you have to go through the pain along with all your family. I pray for your comfort and your step-brothers wife as well.

13. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Awesome!
    I was afraid i was going to loose the ones he gave me and the emote. I hope to keep them for all time lol

14. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Updating this for folks like me who were hunting all over the Addon page for this: :D
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=51225

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    Mata, Hazard and Duchess Fionwyn like this.
  15. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

@dallas thank you so much for caring about important issues like this. I'd be remiss if I didn't sing your praises :)

The time and heart you put into these types of endeavors is something I greatly admire and respect. You give me hope for a brighter future. The world is a better place with you in it.

/respect
    /trust
    /hugs
    /<3

PS to all those who have been touched by any type of cancer - my heart goes out to you. I'm a cancer survivor as well (so is my brother) and it's one of the challenges in life that can make or break you. The only words of advice I have is to hold onto your inner child and never let her (or him) go. There are still wonders to experience and when seen through the eyes of our inner child, those wonders can outshine the heartbreak and help to overcome challenges. Keep youthful my friends :)

16. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I'll be buying the package as well. Might not love the color, but it is for an amazing cause. I hope they sells tons, moments like these really make our community shine!

Gaelis, Mata, Duchess Fionwyn and 3 others like this.
  17. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

It is for a good cause, and the pixels will make a fine addition to my Keep's music room. ;)

Gaelis, Mata, Bodhbh Dearg and 4 others like this.
  18. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

I have a friend who plays but can't post right now because she's at work and unable to get away to post this concern:

When making a decision, if possible, can we choose a charity that does not conduct animal testing?

She didn't have a specific charity for an example, but will be looking for one when she's off work.

19. dallas

dallas Co-Founder Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I had to make a decision yesterday in order to get the items in the Make a Difference store in time for Release 27 going live at 10:30 am this morning. We went with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, which is funding over 240 researchers across 13 countries. More about their researchers here.

We always have the ability to change which foundation we are supporting should we discover the one we chose is not in alignment with our purpose or values.

20. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Thank you for the response. I wasn't sure since the section in the Make a Difference Store hadn't been updated to reflect the charity choice yet.

EDIT: My comment was in no way hinting at any lack of action on Portalarium's part...in case anyone was interested in reading more into that response.

Gaelis, Mata, Bodhbh Dearg and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.