1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

BrightLocker's Crowd Equity Campaign on StartEngine Adds Shroud of the Avatar Perks

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

To be crystal clear about this.

This is a simple cross promotion like we have done with other products (Star Citizen, Underworld Ascendant, etc.). Your participation in the Brightlocker campaign simply gets you a new unique house and another lot deed.

Nothing is changing about any backers access to our game nor our development process as part of this. If there was such a change we would let you know, that is why we didn't tell you there were any changes because there are NONE.

2. DarkStarr

I am simply an advisor periodically. I am not on their development team. If you wish to know more about their platform they have plenty of information on their website and on their campaign page.

Think of it as a combination of Steam Early Access and Social Media and Open Development. Kind of like a much more structured version of what we do here on Shroud.

3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I think you guys are misunderstanding what is happening here.

BrightLocker is a "new" platform for gamers and developers to collaborate. I say new but it's been in beta for a while. SotA is not on the BrightLocker platform, at least not yet.

Right now, BrightLocker is trying to raise equity through crowdfunding, similar to what SotA did on SeedInvest. If you contribute, you get "gold" which you can use for voting on BrightLocker, some free game subscriptions for games on the platform, and can get a copy of SotA with a gold house (not the same as the ones on SeedInvest).

That is the extent if the involvement with SotA at the moment. I doubt Port gets any money for this, but there may be a few more people joining due to the promotion.

If anything else happens, like SotA going onto the BrightLocker platform, I'm sure we will hear about it. However, I think it's a great idea. As a platform, BrightLocker allows devs to post concepts, which players on the platform can vote on using their "gold" (and they can earn more by playing games on the platform). Because many games are on the platform, you can get a much wider range of exposure, communication, and voting, than you would on your own forums, and it is more directed than on Steam because votes have real value. Devs can also get direct investment by offering subscription and perks, offer downloads of games and other media, and even offer digital goods.

Nothing is changing here with this offer, other than some media exposure. This is not our fundraiser. If you are interested in digital distribution or development community, look at BrightLocker. If you invest, hey you can get a gold house! Otherwise, nothing to see here; move along.

Edit: Ninja'd by Starr...

4. DarkStarr

We are getting a small share but the bulk goes to Brightlocker.

5. DarkStarr

If we participate at all it would only be in addition to our efforts here and it is unlikely to happen before launch.

6. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Appreciate the clarifications, Starr! I think this is a neat project and I'll be glad to support it soon.

Valor likes this.
  7. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

I hear some people think the Golden house should be exclusive to Seedinvest. Well sure i hear ya so maybe they can alter this house, just a silly example

Ruby Encrusted House. Or something to that order. Different color but same relevant reward making seedinvests as a unique.

3devious and Bom like this.
  8. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

The houses are still unique. This is not the same house as what was available for SeedInvest.

Sempiternal Dragon and Valor like this.
  9. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Good Point, thank you for clarifying that

10. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

While they were exclusive to SeedINvest, some have sold their exclusive items to non-investment people. So these items arenèt exclusive to the investors anymore.

11. braben

braben Avatar

I hope for your sake that was irony/sarcasm.

If your monthly paycheck influences your ability to spend $2000 in any way, you shouldn't touch startup investments with a ten feet pole. Startups are for people that can afford losing the investment amount time and time again without any serious impact to their financial situation.

Mykll and 3devious like this.
  12. braben

braben Avatar

So the chances to spent some of that brightlocker gold and the free subscriptions on SOTA are pretty much zero? :(

13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

14. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Gotta spend money to make money ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.