Craftable Items in the Add-On Store

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Browncoat Jayson, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I really like the whole craftable items being on the addon store. This actually brings many players back to the 'store table' for 2 pain reasons:

1. They are not expensive
    2. You do not need a house

I'm not sure if the 'item' itself that is included is slightly different from the craftable version.......if it isn't then it probably should be.

As a whole......thumbs up from me.

mbomber and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I like the ability to have choice of being able to craft in game or buy an item from the add in store.

Why?

We need to fund ep 2-5 yet. :)

mbomber likes this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

The only item you can buy currently that is craftable and you do not need a house for is the Lute. The Piano and Stone Blocks are decorations.

Not only are they the same as the craftable version, but you get the recipe with the add-on as well, instead of having to learn it in-game.

4. Browncoat Jayson

I agree, funding is still important. Which is why I'm fine with the ability to buy an Ornate Public Cache Chest in the Add-On Store, while still having a standard Public Cache Chest available in-game. Its a different appearance, you pay for the premium version.

If they were putting an Ornate Lute in the Add-On Store and making the Stained Maple Lute only available in-game, I'd be fine with that too. While it takes away a potential "sale" I might have in-game, it does not devalue the actual items I can make in-game. It does not directly translate into how much my time, my craft, is worth.

4EverLost and mbomber like this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

I havn't checked, but this could even be more of an issue if the items available can be salvaged. You can then buy items, skillup on salvaging those items, and skillup on crafting with those salvaged pieces. That takes a lot of time we have to spend hunting for materials off the table.

6. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

The amount you would receive in salvaging compared to what you would need to reconstitute the scrap into materials for crafting would effectively mean that players attempting this would be spending hundreds of dollars to keep from spending an hour in game gathering raw materials.

I don't see this as a problem that we'll likely see.

7. Browncoat Jayson

Unless meticulous collection went back to pre-R21 values, I was seeing less than 10 stone per hour. So salvage of 110 finished stone blocks would shave off a heck of a lot more than an hour.

I agree its not a huge problem, but it IS something to be aware about selling crafted items.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  8. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Fair point for the consideration.

mbomber likes this.
  9. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

What do you do with the bricks without a house.

From store sale's page.
    (NOTE: The recipes to craft these items are available in-game; You will need a Property to place these items in-game; Available in-game in Release 22, starting September 24, 2015)

Were do you place the piano securely so none walks by and picks it up.

I would say they are once again catering to the 1% of backers that are home owners.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  10. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

If some Players want things put in the add on Store for there personal need, the DEV's should tell them to create a thread and put it to everyone before giving them what they want

Uncle Sven likes this.
  11. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I agree with pretty much everything in the OP. There should definitely be a limit to what is available in the add on store - and if someone can simply bypass the game mechanics to get items which would normally need to be crafted, that is undermining the entire premise of a player driven economy.

The only way the player driven economy will actually work is if everyone participates in it.

monkeyrogue, Logain, argyle and 3 others like this.
  12. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I disagree that add-on items should not be craftable except custom versions of it. What I mean by this is there should be some version of every add-on store item that is craftable. I do agree that the add-on store version can be a unique look or skin that's perfectly fine. But I feel like there should be a way to obtain some version of every add-on store item in-game even if it's not as good. Although most player made items are probably going to be better because they can have added stats to them.

mbomber likes this.
  13. Browncoat Jayson

Thats not the issue (although I agree with you, you should be able to craft some version of everything, including everything in the Add-On Store).

The issue is that exact same items that are craftable in the game should not be available in the Add-On Store. The new Lute, Piano, and Stone Blocks are all craftable in-game, so selling them for cash breaks the player economy model.

monkeyrogue, mbomber and smack like this.
  14. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I am in agreement with the OP as well. I love add-on store items immensely. However, I would prefer unique items in the add-on store that cannot be crafted or obtained any other way than purchase. I hope we can have less redundancy on the add-on store. Right now you are just buying a very slight variation of hats that can be obtained thru the tour guide quests, plus the ones in the store can be dyed making them even better than our rare tour guide hats...Not good IMO.

15. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Oh i'm sorry Wagram........I was really talking about the crafting recipes. I never thought you would have just focused on housing :eek:

mbomber and wagram like this.
  16. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Yup. The tricorn hat is nearly identical to the "rare" one we got from the tour. What's the point?

I understand wanting to squeeze extra cash without having to build a new model, but having it 100% identical with only a slight color change and little logo feels... less than optimal.

smack likes this.
  17. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Add-on store items are unique and exclusive.

So a piano in the add-on store is different from the craftable piano I would imagine.

So long as the craftable pianos are also nice looking and desirable, I think there should be demand for both.

18. Browncoat Jayson

That is the problem; the Add-On Store item is exactly the same as the craftable item. You get the crafted item and the recipe for that item when you buy it in the store. Thus, there is no reason to actually craft that item!

19. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Wait you are actually angry because things that can made in game are in the add on store?
    What if I tell you that's the other way round?
    You can actually craft stuff for free that you otherwise would have to pay for!

mbomber likes this.
  20. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

My point is...I want to be able to dye my tour guide hats too...It's missing an additional feature on something that was supposed to be rare.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.