Critical hit changes (R34) and the upcoming interruption change (R35).

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chris, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I suppose. Still, you ll crit often enough with just base, that its not worth running the gear for it over dmg. All g im regeared all ready.. maybe after some balancing itll get adjusted again, and ill switch back. Im just happy to have it all set in stone and announced finnally.

Snazz likes this.
  2. Matt Harris

Matt Harris Avatar

There is already a skill called "Concentration" in the game under the Taming tree. It might be a better idea to name this skill something else, maybe "Iron Will" or "Willpower".

Acred likes this.
  3. autodeath

autodeath Avatar

MAX( MIN( ( ( EffectiveDamage/health)* 200% ), 5%), 80%)

Looks like a cute typo, let us mages hope it won't be in the code ;). In any case, great thread.

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Does that mean the interruption will most likely be at least 80℅ chance?

5. autodeath

autodeath Avatar

Not really, the output is a constant: f(health) = K = 80%. Chris mistyped the inner function as MIN instead of MAX and outer as MAX insted of MIN to provide a math notation of the description. Easily to happen, harder to find as a cause of 'wierd behavior' :)

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  6. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

thank you very much for the crit maths

7. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

@Chris

I have one more questions about the crit math, if I'm dual-wielding, does the crit bonus on the offhand weapons get applied? If so where?
    Same for the primary weapon when using offhand attack?

(ok, that's really four questions)

8. pzehbl

pzehbl Avatar

(BaseWeaponCritChance + VitalPointsBonus+ArmorWeakPointsBonus+DexterityCritBonus) * (100%+EquipmentCriticalBonus) * FromBehindBonus

So for an example, using a longsword with 13% base crit chance, have an 80 in vital points (5%) and armor weak spots(5%), a 60 dex(60/2000 = 3%), and a total of +44% crit chance from my gear, the math is:

(13+5+5+3)*(100%+44%) = 37.4% crit chance from the front and 74.8% from behind.
    ================================================================================
    @Chris

sorry for ask a little question;) , is that possible now player can get a total 44% crit gear ?
    ahhh i mean , for my bad math => Epic supple leather helm +0.6% Epic supple leather chest armor +1.6% Epic supple leather Leggings +1% Epic supple leather gloves +0.4% Epic supple leather boots +0.4%

0.6+1.6+1+0.4+0.4 = 4

only total 4% crit , how can i mark it up to 44%crit ? i mean ... ahhh did i miss anything ? or just calculation error ? it's really too far for 4% to 44% , i can't understand :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.