Eating Our Friends RG talked about this...

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Time Lord, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crossbowsoda

crossbowsoda Avatar

I agree! If you're interested in participating, Bowen, you would be an asset!

I'll send out a PM in a bit and we can start coming up with some ideas.

[​IMG]

2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

From Ultima, The Savage Empire,
    [​IMG]
    You no likey Moe?
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I make no guarantees.. and right now I need sleep. I've been up all night getting my hide handed to me in Serpent Isle. I don't remember Silver Seed being nearly so rough.. like.. literally my entire party dying in under 1 second.. NOT exaggerating.. stupid liche! I'll be back this afternoon to deal with him!

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    Or maybe King Kong?
    [​IMG]
    Then instead of the mean old Liche, maybe you can sleep on this :D
    Good Night Good Sir Bowen ;)
    ~Time Lord~:p

5. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

You, sir are nothing but trouble! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Robby

Robby Avatar

I love the idea of creating/summoning/giving power to a horrible beast thru the collective worship and sacrifice of a group of players. >=-)
    I love the idea of having a bunch of evil deeds being done to create that creature. The more negative acts that were done on the victim the more negative energy built up in the flesh there is and producing higher quality "negative karma" meat to feed the growing daemon. MWAHAHAHA. Im guessing selling this "high quality" meat on vendors would be done more often and probably fetch a good price because players would be collecting high quality negative karma meat to feed their monster.
    It makes me think of berserk. My bro is a fan of reading the manga, I myself cant bring myself to read any manga or comic, but anyway he was just showing me some things in the manga because I did in fact LOVE watching the anime show. And in it there was something much like Time lord's growing monster. Except this is way more twisted... I guess there were these evil faeries that would pick up pregnant women and fly them to these eggs and they would throw the pregnant women into the eggs and after they collected enough pregnant women in the egg it would hatch into these disgusting, gross vicious creatures. Sounds like a fun RP experience to me! hehehehe. Correct me if im wrong if you happen to be a berserk fan.

7. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

How would it not benefit gameplay? There are so many potential quests and subplots contained within this framework already. As for cannabalism being able to show signs. It would be hard. Perhaps the "shakes" i saw in one movie would be impossible to pull off and i wouldnt want a visible sign of it unless it is realistic. You think ingame cannabalism is bad imagjne what people do and think of doing in call of duty or other games where one is a despised sniper. Id rather be eaten after i was dead than endure what some real life snipers did while alive

8. smack

smack Avatar

Oooh, we need a /shakes emote!

Cannibalism, and to a larger extent, the harvesting of body parts for ingredients in cooking recipes, material in crafting, reagents in alchemy, etc., can totally enhance the gameplay experience....for those that are into it :)

So far this topic has spawned ideas on how it touches upon all those systems, including recent ones on food and nutrition, character customization and stats, and now it spawned ideas for emotes!

Let's get even crazier and how about a graphic shader / filter where your view of the world becomes fuzzy or distorted, like a debuff would do when drunk?

9. crossbowsoda

crossbowsoda Avatar

Ahh as a side effect of kuru! Yes!

It could even have a red tinge, like some kind of bloodlust. :D

10. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

i guess it could be an emote i was thinking along the lines of random but that would be annoying and a emote would be totally do able.

11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Bwahahahahaha! This is funny stuff!

12. Kilhwch

Kilhwch Avatar

13. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

bwahhahaha I love it!

14. smack

smack Avatar

Ravenous! What an awesome movie....

15. smack

smack Avatar

If you're still collecting ideas and adding them to your doc, besides the ones mentioned here don't forget about monxter's idea about taking the body parts and combining them to make a frankenstein / zombie! Richard very much liked that idea, and I was surprised that Starr felt that was a really cool idea too. This can be worked into the game via necromancy / crafting and the game has some basis for this in its lore too, as nearly 1/3 of the story revolves around the undead. Richard said this could fit well into the game and spoke about how he's been working the undead in to the game, like how you're able to "kill" them and they could limp or body parts falling off, etc. While I doubt they'll have the time or budget to do that sort of combat and animations, at least it's good to see they're keen on the idea vs being vehemently opposed to anything of this nature.

So yet again another cool yet simple idea that can spawn so many enhancements to existing systems like crafting, alchemy, magic, perhaps changes to summoning or even taming, etc., and even be supported by the game's lore. And of course, the zombies we can create will also be a cannibals....who might have a disposition for eating non-cannibals only :)

16. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Very Exciting news! :p

17. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Here is some nice backround music for viewing this thread!

18. crossbowsoda

crossbowsoda Avatar

Hey, totally. :)

Retro came up with that very early on in the thread (also suggesting that the creation be superpowered if made during a lightning storm!) and I had to add it.

So cool! Our own pet flesh golems!

I shall call mine, 'Foo-Foo!' :D

Edit: should add something - it is in part 1 of the document... As more becomes clear and it's feasible to start part 2, its details will be expounded upon for sure.

19. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I love this train of thought! I shall call mine.......Barny! (only if he is big and looks like a purple Godzilla!)

20. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

This makes me wonder if a flesh eating golem or a ravenous gould could be summoned in one of the magic trees. Would be perfect for a necromancing cannibal. They already have fire elementals and such. It could go along those lines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.