Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

expired public vendor sales

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Lazlo, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

There are plenty of reasons someone doesn't make it back in time to pull their items out, and 'put and forget' is only one of them. The current solution will lead to heartbreak more than it will curb any perceived bad behavior.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Well, if I were inclined to grief then sure.
    What does that have to do with vendors burning your items when they don't sell?
    I can do that right now. Put stuff in my basement, exit the basement, double click the hatch, click the gear icon and then click "Transfer Items To Bank".

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

So let me think this one through...

You put items on a public vendor, then something in life happens - you or a family member is seriously ill or in an accident, you happen to live somewhere that suffers from flood or storms that knock out your internet, you have a job like I used to working for the government where you can be suddenly called away to anywhere in the country that your skills are needed (even more true for the emergency services and the military), or one of so very many possible things go wrong for you - and as a result rather than your items that do not sell being moved into your bank (which has absolutely zero negative impact on any other player) you simply lose those items for a ridiculously cheap price , whilst the only person who gains anything at all is the person who finds, buys and either from resale or simple use profits from your misfortune?

Why is there even a debate over this, automatically move the stuff back in the bank.......

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

This current implementation also discourages players from putting items on public vendor at outrageous price. Whatever they put on, they have to be the price that people are willing to buy.

For those who want to put items up on sales that last forever and set the price to whatever with no consequence, there is a player vendor that come with the pledge or purchasable via in game already. so perhaps this could be the reason behind making public vendor such a PITA to maintain?

5. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

If any of the above happened to me the last thing on my mind would be loosing items on a vendor.

6. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

Hmm..I wonder what happens to COTO. Do you get the large sum of gold for it?

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

That's just being against the idea for the sake of being against something Weins. Your String of Argumentation sounds empty to me. And so far I can see no valid Argument in this whole topic that could explain to me why the item can't go back into the Bank.
    The actual System is as akward as it is unusual for a game compared to all other games.
    And it is unusual for every rule of trade. In. The. Whole. World.

8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Like 250 or so.

9. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

So if you got called away for work and were unable to access the game, you'd be perfectly fine with losing items you were selling that took you hours of farming to get?

Items that don't sell should go directly to the local bank. The 10% fee for listing already discourages listing items for ridiculous prices. There really shouldn't be a limit on items on vendors to begin with. They just need an interface to filter out all of the nonsense so you aren't instantly presented with a list of a million items (exaggeration) upon speaking to the vendor.... like every other MMO out there. You shouldn't essentially lose your items that you spent a bunch of time crafting or farming just because you happen to get called out to work on the day these items expire. It's complete nonsense.

10. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I call BS. The item should be returned to the player. Not sold for pennies, as everyone is suggesting.

Even with consignment, the person selling the item can't just sell someone else's property for whatever they want.

11. Aurelius Silverson

It would not be for me either - but it's still an absolutely unnecessary extra little hassle to stack on top of any real life problem, so why add to anyone's misery in even so minor a way as a loss of game items?

12. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Which is why there are player vendors from both pledge reward and purchasable from in-game NPC vendors that would prevent this kind of misery. The public vendors in big city are already spam with junk items to point where the residence of the towns can no longer put items there for days. We don't want to make it easier for spammers, do we?

Ulrich Alpenglow and Acred like this.
  13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

In other words the system you pretend to be in place to protect from spamming isn't working anyway.

Acred and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  14. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

No, one gold piece. They are marked as No Value, like other pledge and add-on items, which always sell for 1 gold. It sucks.

15. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Exactly, so let's not add extra works and make it worse. If there is a need to change the public vendor, then it should be a comprehensive revamp, not just a quick bandage to add up design debt.

Acred and LoneStranger like this.
  16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~We Need Ideas~o_O?'
    Public Vendor + No Sale = Auction... Beginning with that rock bottom pricing.
    Or...
    Public Vendor + No Sale = Steady Reduction of Pricing... Beginning with the offered sales price, then reducing by % until rock bottom pricing is achieved.

[​IMG] Going, going gone...o_O!'
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

17. Aurelius Silverson

Obviously, not wanting to make it easier for spammer is right - and any suggestion my thoughts were in any way attempting to support spamming is pretty unpleasant and totally unjustified, I'm surprised you chose that sort of terminology here. My point is something that makes people using an existing system in good faith lose out because of real life circumstances is not fine. If the problem is abuse of an in-game system making it unuseable for it's intended purpose, the solution is for Portalarium to look at that problem and resolve it, not to compel people to buy an addon to work around it. If public vendors are being abused, we need a fix for that. I cant agree at all that we should just shrug and say 'well if it goes wrong for other people, that's their problem'.....

Edit - typo corrected :oops:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  18. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Either of those would be preferable to selling goods to the NPC for 1gp.

19. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I have to agree.

My thoughts are you can hit me with one cost or the other (listing fee or auto-sell to NPC vendor) but not with both.

It would also help if documents whose names are mere advertisements weren't junking up the vendor's slots, too.

I think the market vendor rules need a bit of a look at for all of these issues.

20. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Spammers are not the same as scammers. I'm sorry if that terminology makes you feel unpleasant.

Public vendor has been like this for many releases. The only thing that change for player vendoring is that now people can buy player vendor in game instead of paying for citizen+ pledge. The price isn't that high either consider people already made way more than that.

My point is right now we're already having issue with Public vendor being laggy even if there is a cap to it. Sending items to the bank will just bandage the mechanism that is supposed to help curb down people putting stuff that nobody buy over and over again.

I'm not saying that you should suck it up and stick to how it is even though player vendor already address the issue if people really want to put items up forever, but we need something better than just send items to bank, which creating a system where there is no consequence for irresponsible vendoring.

Acred and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.