Features you'd like to see in Shroud of the Avatar

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by cs2501x, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Toast

Lord_Toast Avatar

I would like to second RelExpo suggestion. Player generated scenarios/dungeons would make an excellent addition to this game. They could set it up similar to the Neverwinter model.

2. TheCloust

TheCloust Avatar

Hi all :)

so, here are my features I would like to see in the shroud of the avatar:

-A integrated society, cities connected to villages, for example, cities selling or buying things from the villages and these stuff.

-Path to choose, if you want to align with good or evil (example: quests that you could ''assault'' and steal goods in the middle of the road for example being taken for people with ilhamas and stuff like that.

-A not limited game, where you surprise in the first 3 days and then you just don't have anything to do anymore.

-house buildings, garding, commercial stuff, things that connects with the medieval society.

-Virtues system

-Guild system, pk's just like in UO

only this for a while.. looking forward to this game, I think I'll get addicted haha

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

what about a Chess Board with movable pieces, and a deck of usable playing cards?

Time Lord and jgrahl like this.
  4. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

a guy mentioned adding a graphic to a cloak or something. I think that's a great idea too. How about allowing skilled craftsmen the option to add a design to clothing.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Madmolar

Madmolar Avatar

I posted this elsewhere, but it was suggested I also put it here

With regard to the gameplay effecting weather system mentioned in the stretch goals, I was hoping we would be looking at some really intereting things, like snow that we leave footprints in and that increases the chance of being eaten by a yeti or snow leopard (random encounters), trees loosing leaves in a storm with wind/air demons/elementals taking advantage of the cover to attack travelers, rivers getting so low in the burning sunshine you are able to get to previously unreachable islands.

What am getting at, is more than just visual effects.

jondavis likes this.
  6. GearworkDragon

GearworkDragon Avatar

Occasional random encounters on the world map.
    Simulated ecology, Take 2.
    Purchasable livestock; cattle, horses, oxen, chicken, ducks.
    Cross-platform play and communication (PC players able to play/communicate with Mac and/or Linux users).
    Effects for hunger, thirst, and sleep deprivation.
    Counters (health, stamina, mana, etc.) can be toggled between numerical and graphical (bar) displays.
    Ability to change what music tracks play in certain situations (in town, in dungeon, in combat).
    Lighting level affects ability to hide, sneak, steal, and do other unVirtuous deeds.
    Space and time travel (time and space permitting).

jondavis likes this.
  7. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

To expand a bit on previous thought
    Let us upload a small graphic to our account. Then we can attach it to our Cloaks & robes, great for guilds having unique colors & Flags at the Guild keep, or just a personal thing.

Massive storage like in UO, since the data is on Our servers anyway, we don't need to know items in other players houses so that doesn't need to be synced. Just let me be a pack rat.

Journal saved to a local file with time stamp

Chat bubbles like UO

Mail system

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Oh, I knew i forgot something
    Ability to use a text to speech engine to read off the quest info, I know there are good ones available. IVONA is what my phone uses right now & i find it nice for google maps, so there must be something similar useable for listening to quests instead of reading them, but also something you don't need a team of actors for.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. ND3G

ND3G Avatar

Books. Lots of Books.

Books about the history of the world, fiction, journals, subtle hints about obscure quests available, training manuals, treasure maps, etc.

I think the elder scrolls games did a pretty bang up job in this regard. Collecting rare books for my library was a favorite pass time in those games.

10. Dignan

Dignan Avatar

Pet breeding/ horse breeding. Most objects created by actual players weapons,ships,houses etc. Town citizenships with meaningful rewards and taxes. Fishing/ pirates! Open pvp!!

jondavis likes this.
  11. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

I'd like to see the variety of potential avatars we saw in Ultima 6 through to Serpent Isle in terms of color, gender and appearance.

Also it would be great if there were facial tattoos so we could recreate our Avatars of old.

Pretty much everything that was in the Ultima series before EA ruined and mismanaged it into the ground, really. Some more appearance or paper doll customization options would always be welcome as I think we've been spoiled by contemporary RPGs and MMORPGs.

12. Clajo

Clajo Avatar

- a balanced way of designing/customizing your own spells and attacks

- smelting different metals into special alloys for crafting

- creature/Npc migration based on weather cycles

- randomness in creature/Npc spawns to discourage spawn camping

- allow Ranger type skills for players who like to live in the wild

- poor visibility in darkness without aid of torches or magic

- Entertainer & Artist type professions

- best items are typically player made

- Guild rivaliries

- rule of law in more "civilized" towns

- player reputation

- player bounties

- lawless towns where the unsavory types can seek refuge

- werewolves, wererats, "were" lots of things not just to fight, but BECOME!

- vampires, liches etc. Much like above example.

- severely limit "fast travel" it makes the world feel smaller

- extreme weather negatively effects players unless proper measures are taken

- farming crops and livestock

- interactive crafting system. Let me swing my smith hammer and strike the steel in the right spots for the best results. If unsatisfied, allow salvaging the item to try again. Same interactiveness for other crafting professions.

13. bawb

bawb Avatar

Hmmm, features I'd like implemented.... Poisoning food, maybe even taken further by poisoning a healing potion... A stealth system of some sort... The ability to steal from players again, stealings someones regs as they frantically tried to teleport away was a thiefs dream... Boats Boats Doats and more Boats, npc merchant boats for piracyi, so people dont get creative and rob houses.... I could rattle off ideas forever... beta tested uo... and while it had its flaws its system was amazing...

14. Enceladus

Enceladus Avatar

- Flying mounts
    - Dynamic skill based character development
    - Optional, or area specific pvp
    - Engaging story line
    - Customisable character features
    - Character auto animations to give a life to the game. Stiff immovable avatars are lifeless - LoTRO toons are dead like.
    - Variety and realism in the environmental sounds and background music. Some games play the same track over and over. I remember one of the tracks in LoTRO when in the Bree bank, it was always the same, and you could actually make out the words that were being said. To me it sounded like they recorded a conversion from a real New Zealand pub. It really became annoying.

15. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

Folks,

Nicely done! Some really unique suggestions in there; crafting spells and attacks? Nice. Keep them coming; I'll aggregate again soon. :) Also, adding another request from another thread:

Localisation - https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?topic=localization

16. Tabe

Tabe Avatar

. If you make this game with the freedom of the old UO this will be a success. Part of the appeal of UO was to be able to make your own stories and adventures, "good against evil". I remember being attacked and losing all must stuff, then getting my friends together and found out where this PK's house was and we had many battles. That's the kind of stuff that will make this new game successful. Make it an open world and the players will be able to create their own fun. lets face it, UO graphics sucked, but it was the playability that kept me coming back for more.

jondavis likes this.
  17. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Lord British?s Owl - Monthly or weekly newspaper "in game" and if you pay a subscription fee you get a real one delivered mid age looking old style newspaper to your home.

Back in the days when i was playing "Das schwarze Auge" ( The Black Eye)
    you could subscribe for a monthly 4 page newspaper : The Adventurist Messenger

As you plan 5 Episodes, your game will run 100% for 5 years at least. Image you send to the players a monthly newspaper like this with stories, real estate , in game advertisements, short ingame lore stories and so on...

Maybe even hints to some quests or in game events.....

If you enter "Der aventurische Bote" to google and click on pictures you know what i mean.

Receiving this 4 pager news in real and maybe in taverns or towns in game to read will ad the feeling of a real community and world to play.

Thats only a suggestion, but would be cool. :)

Time Lord and jondavis like this.
  18. Clajo

Clajo Avatar

- crafters can hire Npc bodyguards to protect them when out gathering

- hiring Npc's to help you gather materials (far less effective than doing it yourself)

- Npc apprentices that assist with crafting/smelting/salvaging large amounts of items. (some items may require the assitance of the apprentice to complete)

-Npc apprentices must be levelled up crafting minor items before they can learn your more complicated special recipes and be trusted to craft them w/o your supervision.

- Full control of who can enter your home/shop

- Ability to list players/guilds that recieve discounts or markups on your vendors

- A want Ads board in major cities or game newspapers for players to request services

jgrahl likes this.
  19. Piranjade

Piranjade Avatar

While I like the idea of having your own dwelling in a game, only being able to choose between village, town and city sounds boring to me.
    How about being able to have your own cave in a dwarven mine? Or a tree house? Or a house boat?

20. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

-Gameplay and Immersion, over graphics and excessive fighting skills.

-Vendor npcs you can hire to sell your goods, this mostly for those who have no home.

-Make owning a home attainable for those who really want one and willing to work for it. I think to much of an elitism approach to housing will not help the community moral.

-Books

-Furniture, being able to sit in chairs and place items on tables.

-UO was a very special game, I hope to see alot of what we could do there in your new creation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.