Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Game breaker...lot deed cost @spoon

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by hearsehauler, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I find it really depressing that it is necessary to anticipate such behavior. :(

3devious, Barugon and Numa like this.
  2. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

They would have to implement multiple things such as if you own a house already you can't rent from the NPC house. And you can only rent one room per account. Cannot rent on a trial account. But yeah them alts created to get that $5 a month digital crack nothing can really be done about those.

Numa likes this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

One rented room per character per NPC city. And randomize the room selection.

@Alley Oop opened a disturbing possibility I didn't even consider (thanks Alley!). There should definitely be some limits.

4. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

It would be good that players/accounts can rent _one_ room via an NPC. That should be available for Taverns and Inns. Using an NPC enables the use in POTs, too.

For this, you place such an NPC an a LOT and setup the doors that can be used by the NPC. So, when someone ask the NPC for a room the NPC will walk to the room and when the NPC gets the gold the player/account will be added to the LOT as guest+tenant (this only allow tenant placed items, not more) and managment rights to the door. Rooms are limited of course. The daily renting price should be setup by the LOT owner.
    There should not be "magic rooms" only rooms that are free and "there" should be able to rent, that helps distributing players all over novia.

Since this is thought to help players getting started such auto-rental should be limited to either 40 hours ingame time or 30 days real time. Once one reached that limit he or she are not able to rent a room from an NPC anymore. For NPC and PRT cities i suggest a renting fee of 150 gold / day, but also make it clear that people can pay it in advance so they do not think they have to login daily and to pay daily. (This daily tax on taxed deeds also keeps people away from playing, since it is not clear enough they can also pay monthly or any other intervall. They feel pressed to play/login on a daily basis)

To rent a room / house / lot after this time, the new player may ask another player. However, 40 hours gametime or 30 days real time is enough time to find someone to help new ones to get a place for their stuff.
    Without @Alley Oop comment, i wouldn't recommend a time-limit for auto-renting. But he stated misuse is near. Otherwise it would be comfy and easy to rent rooms from Inns and Taverns to players.

I do not think new players should start with a lot-deed. It is something you can earn within the game. It should be one goal one can have. For now, i think renting is an interresting idea.

But something must be done that players do have at least one container with enough space for their belonings. That Bankbox is far to small. And without the help of another player i wouldn't know that one can increase the bankbox with gold. I didn't recognized that the image before the link text are two different links, one for cash one for gold. I like to see that this is changed to three images, one for cash, one for cotos and one for gold.

Numa likes this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well suspicions like this lend credence to the renting idea I had earlier for sure. The renting idea I had was that you rent by purchasing keys from a vendor would be more traceable to avoid unheard of behaviors. Perhaps rooms can only be unlocked by someone using a key that is purchased off the vendor. That is what pays the rent too. They buy the key to the room. I know it is not perfect but players should not be having to interact with other players if they don't choose to rent. Agreeable Landlords would just place the keys on the vendor or perhaps their lot sign could hold the available keys if landlords choose the option to make it so. A lot of players have had bad experiences that leave them suspicious. We can always hope that players will be fair and competitive not hurtful to others.

I agree @CatweazleX about helping players. The 'places to live' book we got in game was added to our backpacks but it has no clickable link to it which imo is a must have. So please add this @DarkStarr. Don't make players have to remember the link, make it clickable . And as with many others until this is I chose not to charge rent at any rooms in Wizards Rest that are owned by me or Lord Baldrith. We just want to help and we are not alone in this. No one needs to live out of their bank at all and no one has to have a deed to place belonging safely. I'm Majoria in game and you can also contact Baldrith in game as well anytime. It would be our pleasure to help.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    Numa and Koss like this.
  6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think the point was that these would be instanced per player. It would be impossible to "rent all the rooms", because they would be specific to the player. You go in a door and it automatically puts you in your "room" scene. This is how FFXI does it, but only the one for your "home" city can have deco (which is still technically all in your inventory anyhow). We certainly can't have the same room contents appearing for you in every city, or that could be a loophole to move a large amount of stuff.

I still don't think we've proven failure of the current system to the point that this is needed yet. Six months after Release, maybe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.