Goodbye

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by enderandrew, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Trolls have been reporting my posts and getting them deleted (getting my points/warnings along the way) as a means of censoring dissenting opinions that support the game and this community. I'm one step away from a ban for trying to be helpful and honest.

Yet those who would make repeated personal attacks on community members and Portalarium themselves are free to do so for all of perpetuity.

The moderation staff have made it clear to me that I'm not welcome here so I'm taking my leave.

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

That is truly terrible and I hope you reconsider.

You're one of the most moderate people and have a lot of good things to say.

I'm not one of the most moderate people; sometimes my posts deserve to be removed so I can't really judge;

But I will say theres a lot of bad posts that get left that shouldn't be left and we as a community are doing something wrong (including the moderators as they are part of the community) if we are alienating people like you.

I hope you take a break and reconsider.

3. animegeneral

animegeneral Avatar

Well I hate to hear that, you were one of the more helpful people that responded to my post. That was the first post I have made on game forums like that and I was nervous. Hope you stay around anyway even if you can't help or speak up like you would want.

4. Mata

Mata Avatar

Please sleeping again one night about ...
    it is not eaten as hot as it is cooked.
    do not rush ...

5. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

This is a shame, people who are interested getting reprimanded by mods while we have a constant influx of random accounts posting the same things everyday, just to stir the pot.

6. Ara

Ara Avatar

Just chill a night and you might feel a bit better tomorrow....

7. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

If even Mata jumps over her language barrier you should take this serious.

*Adding +1 voice to keep you here ...*

8. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

Dear enderandrew, I hope you will stay.

9. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

Eh, don't take it too personally, I've been 1 warning away from a ban before also. The moderation staff are doing what they feel they should and I don't envy them the job.

I hope you stay.

10. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

@enderandrew

You bring a lot of value to many discussions so I really do think you should sleep on it. I too have been moderated several times for the way to speak to those who I perceive as being trolls, I've taken my slap on the wrist and at times even admitted I have taken things too far.

Ultimately I know regardless of what I say, and even if I don't respond at all ..... The trolls will never win, they just disappear for a while because they get bored.

11. Godra

Godra Avatar

This truly sucks ass!!! I don't think I have read one post that attacks anyone on here. I may not agree with all of Enderandrew's opinions, but to have no opinions from him is not acceptable. For this, I will post in silence. If I post in a response to someone's quote or thread topic, it will only be "SILENCE". You will only see this word until Enderandrew comes out of his silence. Because silencing opinions are unfair. I have seen many bad flaming posts around here lately and Enderandrew has been nothing but supportive of this game and its community. So I guess this is goodbye for me too. :(

12. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Noooooo. Don't allow others to drive you away. There are those who will always manage to find a cloud behind every silver lining, and aren't content unless they're spreading discontent wherever possible. There's only a few like that on this forum and why some of their offensive posts remain I have no clue. But the rest of us, while we might disagree (sometimes strenuously, lol), in the end I think we all get along fairly well. Don't let those few ruin it for you.

13. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Gotta agree with the others here. We occasionally have our differences, Ender, but you're a valuable part of this community. I certainly hope you reconsider and decide to stay!

14. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I've found the moderators to be fair in their universal application of the forum rules. Perhaps the hardest lesson to learn is that sometimes being "pro-game" doesn't mean you can be "anti-skepticism". We're a stronger and more effective community when everyone is here (with all of their opinions) - for that reason I hope you consider sticking around.

15. Maxe

Maxe Avatar

Don't leaver us bro

16. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

It will be our loss if you go. I have never seen any sign of bad posting by yourself. There are many others posting here that actually deserve that warning, not you though.

17. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I hear what you are saying. It was nice to get to know you through the boards.

18. Cabrens

Cabrens Avatar

I wish you a farewell...

Might be an oportunity to look thru the window and think about outdoor summer leisure if you live in the northern hemisphere

[​IMG]

Duke AvorinSwiftslay and cariac like this.
  19. Toby

Toby Avatar

well i saw a thread with you in it and some guy was saying he was reporting your posts and i took a quick glance and they technically were actionable. so basically that guy was using the mods to silence you rather than use arguments and that is fairly lame.

many of us technically break the rules on small levels but you're dealing with a guy who will report every little thing. the best way to deal with that is just make sure every post is within the rules, kind of a bother but then those types of guys can't harm you.

20. Night Owl

Night Owl Avatar

I can only echo what everyone has said in this thread. You're a valuable contributor to this community and I've never seen any of your posts violate the forum rules.

It's unfortunate these trolls come around, wreak havoc, then sometimes leave; to only return every so often. I try to ignore them, in hope that they simply go away. I guess I'll have to take a more proactive approach by reporting them when I see anything that violates the rules. They're poison to this great community.

I do hope you decide to stay and continue to help build this great community, especially as momentum and population of new brittanians grows. If you decide not to stay, I wish you the best and hope you will return.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.