Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Harder!

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by Skyo, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

I walk into any zone of the game and crush it.

Please make areas of the game more difficult. I can literally march anywhere in the game and dominate it.

How does this boast repeatability???

Let's fix it before this is a burn out after finish wipe!

Put in a few level 100 group only locations. There are plenty of cookie cutter zones to choose from. Make 5 of them uber hard!

2. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I guess you soloed the three dragons of Grunvald Shardfall already.

No?

NOOB!

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Ummm... how about the challenge of partying up with people like lil ole me in regular 5 skull areas and trying to keep them alive? :rolleyes:

Mata, Time Lord, Vox Aquila and 9 others like this.
  4. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

im more than happy to do that! :)

5. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

I'll be you'r huck-a-berry!

Mata, Time Lord, Mitch [MGT] and 3 others like this.
  6. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I am all for an increase in difficulty, so long as its an increase in intellectual difficulty, and not a linear increase in the form of "more hitpoints" and "more damage" and "more of them" in terms of mobs.

The new Zombie Plague is a perfect example of what I mean. It makes a graveyard much more challenging now, even if the Zombie mob itself is very weak/low level. I wrote something more length on this in a Dev+ forum, but basically, when viewed from the entire environment's perspective, graveyards require a bit more strategy than other spawns. Hard hitting 2-hander skeletons drop the most exp, skele archers and mages do the most damage (and have their own consequences - running to them spawns more skeletons!), shield bearing skeletons stun you, and of course, those weak little Zombie's throw the monkey wrench in the whole plan with their plague. A thought-out, strategic approach is required. You also dont view the loot in terms of the individual mob (the Zombie - its loot is mediocre), but in terms of the whole spawn - Ectoplasmic Residue, weapons, armor, reagents, lots of harvest nodes, and decent plain ol gold.

So basically, Zombie Plague makes the whole encounter with a graveyard difficult (when compared to, lets say, some wolves, or some brigands, etc).

More of this sort of thing FTW (or I guess in this thread, FTL lol).

Time Lord, Beaumaris, Womby and 6 others like this.
  7. Gix

Gix Avatar

While I'm all for difficult content, I'd like them to review how mobs social-aggro on you first.

Not to mention borderline impossible if you're trying to stealth. I do agree that we need more things of this style, but I'd argue that Zombie Plague still needs to be looked into... that or how stealth works.

Ones injuries should not make one more visible to brainless shambling corpses who can't smell beyond their stench.

8. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

@Gix Not to diverge too much, but level your stealth up higher. One time in a Hangout vid, Darkstarr had said: "I dont consider any skill viable until you hit 40." Once you get stealth skills into the 50s, youll notice they start working better, and how environmental effects play into the overall stealth effectiveness.

Maybe zombies dont see or smell our brains, but can just feel our EM frequencies?

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Not to derail, but im at 89 stealth, it still doesn't work well if at all in certain areas..

Time Lord, Chatele and agra like this.
  10. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

So you can hold all the control points alone?

Mind if I watch....... ?

Sir_Michael, Mata, Time Lord and 5 others like this.
  11. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

I personally think we need some 6 and 7 skull zones as well.. bored with most the 5 skulls, and a control point is designed for groups, so if he can solo that the game is broken. Oh wait we probably shouldn't be level 80+ yet.. that is the problem right?

12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ah will eb so nice when they take away all this 4x stuff and see how many players walk into areas and "crush" them in less than a month

13. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Funny you mention this, as I started back playing in release 23 and had no 4x bonus..yet I hit level 63 in a month and a half not even knowing how the game worked.. it is completely possible..But for everyone's sake and sanity, I cant wait either.

Time Lord, Kara Brae and stratigos like this.
  14. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

:p

Time Lord and smack like this.
  15. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

*looks at thread title*

*says "that's what she said"*

*runs away*

Time Lord, Leelu, Adam Crow and 6 others like this.
  16. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Just ante-up and have some areas marked as perma-death areas and then perma-death PvP areas.

Time Lord and smack like this.
  17. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Also, as a sample question, do you currently have root on your bar?

Time Lord likes this.
  18. agra

agra Avatar

Heheh, or Ice Arrow, Ice Fist, Discharge, or Chain Lightning, with more than 50 of the appropriate attunement? :p:rolleyes:;)
    R27: OP CC Release!

Time Lord and Alley Oop like this.
  19. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Well maybe I don't pick the best builds, but I have seen plenty of people die along with me. I think if you want tougher mobs then you need more higher end group content or raid or even go the PVP route. I am also sure we haven't seen the full experience of combat when it actually fully releases. Devs always like to save little surprises for use early access players down the road. The Chaotic evil meanies that they are.

Time Lord, Leelu and Chatele like this.
  20. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

While I like the idea of intellectual difficulty of the mobs, I don't like the randomness of the plague. You also have the negative effect of not being able to use a potion due to the tick nature of the dot. I think it is riduculous to think a one skull zombie should be able to kill an adventure level player of 80 in ten seconds. It makes little sense and would just serve to frustrate a player. I think we all like to be able to enjoy going back to a lower zone that kicked our butt early in life and return the favor on those mobs that got us early on.

I also think that if a mob has a skill, then a player should as well. Where is death plague in death magic? It might even be nice to learn some new tricks and skills of the combat experiences from mobs. Maybe some new combo that the skelllies hit you with or a new spell from a skellie mage (maybe more of a new piece of that skill that takes many interaction to learn additional in full). I do agree that just hitting me with 3 or 4 of the same mobs is boring, but having them do some interesting mechanic or such would make the combat grind feel more interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.