Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Harder!

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by Skyo, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

This is why I #&@%$$@! Love this game! This dev team gets it...

2. Selene

Selene Avatar

Why does it always have to be spiders... yeck.

3. Mata

Mata Avatar

I want Serpents! :D

4. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Agree nothing like walking down steps in stealth and taking 3 points of fall damage and losing stealth.

5. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

I actually saw someone die a few days ago when they got to the bottom of the stairs in a house in Hometown, I was so surprised but stayed there to rez them.

6. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Bring them On! Theyl Either End up Tamed or On the Wrong End Of My Bow! :)

Acred, Time Lord, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

That is so below the belt... 0.o

Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Great news :) content is pouring like the monsoon of legendary days :D

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I'm not too worried about the difficulty of the bosses, only lower level mobs. Just running through Etceter my mini-game is seeing how many bandits I can one-shot before they register I'm there (it's a lot).

At a high level, is there a reason getting hit shouldn't do more than a couple hit points damage? Even tiny wolves should be able to do a little damage against me... especially with how many HP high level players have. Many mobs get to the point where they may as well not even be there and I think that's the issue. I'm not joking when I say this but I could easily kill 100 bandits at the same time without dying and that should never be the case.

Any way we can have the damage they do to higher level players increased somehow? It would make lower level scenes far more playable and I'm not sure there is a reason to go to them once you get past a certain level...

Time Lord, Skyo, argyle and 3 others like this.
  10. Noric

Noric Avatar

I think a lot of what you are talking about here is tied in with the way adventurer level is connected to pve combat. Not only does it gate high level content from people, but it essentially gates low level content from being able to impact high level players.

11. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

So I just wanted to leave a comment on this topic since I think it's valid and there's a lot of sarcastic comments.

I think the (in my comprehension of the OP) point of this give us harder content post is less about give us bigger harder monsters that are meant for 40 people to take down and more about the games content. From my experience once you get to adventure levels 70+ the game starts to flatline out and become very linear (adventuring strictly). The only thing left for an adventurer to do in the way of progression is A: Craft or B: continue to grind circuits in 5 skull locations hoping that spiders respawned before you finished the rest of the area.

Now I understand everyone has x4 boosters and we hit this part of the game 4 times faster than normal ect ect. So instead of this being the state of the game in 1 month we should expect this to be the state of the game in 4 months (over simplified). What this also means is that when people reach this level of play they will be drastically better at the game, meta's will be found, and they will be more geared than any of us currently are.

I'd just like to call out a few comments - Solo'ing control points: Is there something special with these? I did just get a bugged out control point? I activated one and decimated all the elves in Verta's.. I stood there for some time unopposed so I got bored and walked away. Were elves hiding in the houses too afraid to contest and it glitched out the hard part of the event or something?

Solo'ing World Bosses: I don't think this should ever be "Solo able"... Using it to gauge if a person has adequately leveled up enough seems toxic and unhealthy for a game. I personally feel (you can feel free to disagree, I don't mind) there should definitely be content that is un-achievable by a solo player in MPO at the very least, even if it doesn't give you some epic reward. We've all seen @Themo Lock solo'ing the world, so it's not really that far fetched.

Perhaps I'm missing something.
    ~Wodin

12. agra

agra Avatar

No, what you've outlined is "normal" for progression based resource acquisition game loops, in my experience. At some point, if you put in enough time and effort, you should be powerful. Otherwise, there's really not much incentive.

Some other types of games lean more towards the FPS style of progression, that is, temporary, limited, and ultimately inconsequential.
    Both game styles can be fun in their own way, but so far, if a game is persistent, there's the expectation that progress will be rewarded eventually.

Beyond these fundamental design choices are the realms of solo content, group content, or multi-group content. Some games reward each of these more than others, but very few (none? one?) allow significant world-changing effects from the actions of an individual, group, or multi-group. That is, persistent progress is typically limited to you, and the world is static. Designers do their best to create the illusion of change in the world, and some games in the past few years have danced around the idea of different types of persistent change, but so far, no-one has been willing to let go of those reins, yet, in any meaningful way. :)

As an example, back in 1996, in Meridian 59, multi-group player actions allowed for global price changes on consumables. That is, if enough players made the same choice in NPC "leadership" or "politics" then consumable prices for everyone shifted up or down, depending on the consumable and ruler in power. It remains one of the few world-changing persistent global mechanics I've ever personally seen in the genre.

13. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Really solid stuff here guys. There has to be a way that we can increase the enjoyment of the game as you continue to level up. There has to be a way that we can enjoy replayability with our friends as we continue to grow your character. If there is no Challenge and content and day in and day out looks very much the same, you can be assured that the lifespan of the game will suffer as it will be no longer fun to play.

I love the reply by Chris, that's why this game is different. This development team get it. They understand that there needs to be challenged and content at all levels of the game to meet all play Styles. This is why this game will live on for a long time :)

I look forward personally to seeing what's @Chris can sneak in in to release 28! Excited to see where it will take the game for years to come.

Sara Dreygon, Acred and Time Lord like this.
  14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Skyo stil want to see you handle a control point add me in game and show me how it is done please . . . .

We will make a video and ill make oyu FAMOUS

15. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

I agree with you as well, in addition withthe game being non subscription based longevity will be difficult unless enough player bought new "things" are added and worthwhile... but before i get too caught up in longevity i just want to see a released episode!

16. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Uh oh I sense some devil horns poking out of Chris's head as he writes this comment; followed up by a wicked laugh.

stratigos and Time Lord like this.
  17. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Skyo
    When/where ?

Unless you've changed your mind, of course.... ;)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    Time Lord likes this.
  18. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

@Skyo also I would like to see Screen Shots of your Skills and still have to show me how you can handle a control point like Vertas, or Superstition Canyon on your own. If you are capable I would really like to see how you do it.

19. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

excessive drama filled "feedback", non constructive criticism, and doomsday prophecies for the game's popularity are not helpful for the devs, designers, and producers. im sure they plan to not only greatly adjust things like difficulty of various zones and spawns, but plan to add a far larger degree of content in general, let alone for advanced level. there has been plenty of acknowledgement that the game is far from complete in this regard.

Fister Magee likes this.
  20. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

@Weins201 @FrostII @Noric

Seeing as everyone is making a big deal of control points, is it safe to assume when I did the control point it was broken/bugged then? When I attempted to do this I got a single, easy wave which I was able to handle with no problem. I fail to see what the big deal is and why it's so hard to believe someone could beat it. And that's coming from a sub optimal mage type character.

Maybe some description of what should be expected from control points? What kind of mobs are typically faced (Vertas more specifically) that make this so hard? Perhaps there's another dimension to the control points that I haven't personally been able to "unlock".

~Wodin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.